+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wasn't this suppose to be patched? Joining losing warfronts

Default Wasn't this suppose to be patched? Joining losing warfronts

- Although the exact cutoffs vary for each warfront, matches that have lopsided scores and are near the last 20% of their time limits will no longer be assigned new players.

Maybe it wasn't... apparently... lopsided enough?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-23-2015 at 11:43 AM.

'We can still make a comeback guys!'
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 10-23-2015 at 11:46 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

We are looking into this.

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    - Although the exact cutoffs vary for each warfront, matches that have lopsided scores and are near the last 20% of their time limits will no longer be assigned new players.

I think it is still working tbh. Just an unintended result that technically fits the mold.

While one team is definitely about to win...the score isn't very "lopsided" mathematically. The point discrepancy isn't huge is what I am saying. The last 20% thing is just taking into account the max time limit of the WF. I see ~6m on the screenshot. Assuming the queue happened a tad earlier, by maybe even seconds...for it to qualify for the less than 20% of the time left, the base time would have to be 30 minutes. Isn't it 20 or 15 min? But even say for 20 minutes. Maps would have to have less than 4 min left to have less than 20% time left.

If I were to make an honest suggestion, make a cut-off regarding points remaining to win. Though I guess this could vary a lot too...ie. 2 - 0 caps in KR can very very well be a win. It happened plenty of times when I played. But to make it simple, I'll take a domination rule set map. If the point limit is 1000. Maybe it should just stop dumping players in once it's over 900 points, for a basic example.

It's a kind of tough thing to pin because you would want to do it efficiently to produce the right results, without screwing over teams that do lose players because an algorithm won't let their team have any more players, when they might be able to win. I know before I said technically almost no WF can be concretely claimed a win. But indeed, these is a grey area preceded by a line where it starts to look 95% grim. I guess that is what they are trying to peg in all regards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    its happened to me on both my main and my alt this week,a few times. one library match i only had enough time to port down then the match ended in a loss.funny thing was though the game still got me for - 1 elo,lol.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Same problem here, was put into a 997 match. (library)

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    'We can still make a comeback guys!'
    with the number of rogues his team had, they actually could have.

in fact, with that many rogues, the score should have been the other way around.
    bet half of them were ranger and the other half tact, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

looking into it as in CQ premade restrictions looking into it, or looking into it like takes a week for the new unadvertised WF minimap to be added looking into it?

or disabling direcorruption the morning of looking into it?

soontm looking into it?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 10-23-2015 at 03:14 PM.

and are near the last 20% of their time limits
    the last 20% of their time limits
    last 20%
    So hence it only counts if the timer is about to run out. The timer is still at 6 minutes which is about 40% of a Cancer ridge.

Rippers.

Quote Originally Posted by Hikos View Post
    So hence it only counts if the timer is about to run out. The timer is still at 6 minutes which is about 40% of a Cancer ridge.

Rippers.
    you're the school nerd you do the math

Why getting the team, that is in the end of the warfront, to be in the spawn before the match starts, a luxury?

Prolonge the time to start a warfront, and do not allow matches to start if only 5 accept the queue per team.
    People wouldn't mind to wait until a previous team finishes their warfront, and start a fresh one together.
    Their is no logic in starting a match with 5 people, and getting filled up with another 3, and another 5 and so on.
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 10-24-2015 at 04:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    with the number of rogues his team had, they actually could have.

in fact, with that many rogues, the score should have been the other way around.
    bet half of them were ranger and the other half tact, though.
    And me and my two primalist friends had so much control over that.

here's my suggestion:
    set a timer from the start and cut off new people from entering after like 2 minutes or so (or longer depending on the wf). if people are dropping like flies, there's a reason; don't fill it back up with unlucky souls. let it get over with asap. if all but one leave on a team, so be it. they were going to lose anyways.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

Warfront matchmaking seems really random too. Yesterday, I entered two matches (out of a total three warfronts) where one side finished with over ten times the number of kills of the other side. Perhaps it all balances out overall, but teams seem so skewed much of the time.
    Last edited by DarkDaemon; 11-02-2015 at 09:25 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast