+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6
Like Tree33Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Wasn't this suppose to be patched? Joining losing warfronts

In my view it's really about TRION stats, always has been: players/matches. It stinks. Just love going in just in time to hear the bell chime and take a loss. Sometimes I enter and we're behind and then we do turn it around. Not that often with the large spread you usually get. You're there cause somebody bailed mostly. Gee, wonder why they left huh.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    .....just STOP PEOPLE FROM JOINING ACTIVE WARFRONTS AT ALL.....
    It would already help (for me) if these seconds BG`s don`t count for ELO. In 3-4 minutes one can reach somewhat. But joining in the last seconds, one has no effect on winning or losing. It simply count.Itīs also no pleasure to wait for PvP and join some seconds.

Ascendant

Ok it's basically a joke at this point.
    I just joined a codex when enemy team has 998 points.
    I literally didn't even have the time to mount up before losing.

OBVIOUSLY the game can't recognized what is a lost warfront and figure out if there's still a chance to come back, so ****ing STOP people from joining active warfronts already.

This is getting ridiculous.
    And it's not like it's just a rare occurence. 4 of my 5 warfronts today were already lost when I joined. (and, of course, the 5th one was Bronze Tomb), but this one wins the prize.
    ****ing 2 points away from the loss. How close is close enough for the game to stop people from joining?

I guess it needs to be 999 points out of the 1000 required to win? With only 998, there's still a chance?

I repeat myself here, but if you can't make this work right, JUST STOP PEOPLE FROM JOINING ACTIVE WARFRONTS.

Almost everytime a player leaves a warfront it's because it's gonna be a loss.Stop ****ing shipping new players in there so they have to wait a few minutes to get an undeserved loss with the rest of them.

Edit : 5 out of 6 now. 5 out of 6 games today were lost causes upon joining, and the 6th one was a tie. PVP is ****ing great.

Edit #2 : joins library, score is 100 to 500, enemy team is carrying 4 orbs, our team 0.

This **** happening over and over again kinda makes me think no one on trion's team(or anyone they know) seriously tried PVP. Because they'd know how ****ing annoying that is, and if it was just once or twice every hundred games, sure...
    But it's like 1 out of 4-5 games if you solo queue. And today it was more than half the games. about 8 games out of the 12 I played where already started, and enemy team had huge edge. Not even counting the random 100-150 games that can actually be turned around sometime ( but rarely are ), talking about the 100-500 and the 400-900 and **** like that.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 01-19-2016 at 02:21 PM.

At the risk of repeating myself ... well I am, so stuff it. Just put in a radio button / toggle that opts in or out of joining fresh WFs only.

Surely that is by far and away the simplest solution. That way people can weigh up the slightly longer queue time (for a fresh WF) versus the joy of never being dropped into one that is over before you start.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Ok it's basically a joke at this point.
    I just joined a codex when enemy team has 998 points.
    I literally didn't even have the time to mount up before losing.

Edit : 5 out of 6 now. 5 out of 6 games today were lost causes upon joining, .

The record is 24 (TWENTY FOUR) straight wf losing within 30 sec of joining, two and half hours of continuous join losing already over wf.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    At the risk of repeating myself ... well I am, so stuff it. Just put in a radio button / toggle that opts in or out of joining fresh WFs only.

Surely that is by far and away the simplest solution. That way people can weigh up the slightly longer queue time (for a fresh WF) versus the joy of never being dropped into one that is over before you start.
    This.
    If you (trion) have to, put in a tooltip/alert the first time you check the box, to explain that queues might be a bit longer if you opt out of joining active warfronts...
    Pretty sure most people will do it anyway, because there's very few things more frustrating than that in pvp, joining lost cause and being forced to wait it out.

Plus, queues takes like 20 seconds on average, if you opt out of that thing they'll take 30 seconds? Who cares. I'd wait the 10 seconds to get a real game, rather than inheriting other player's mess and having to wait 5 minutes to get a loss I didn't deserve.

Again, if it was just a 'one game out of 100' thing or something I wouldn't mind...
    But when it's one game out of 4, or on a bad day 1 game out of 2, just about freaking half the games...
    It's a serious issue. PVP is not fun when that **** happens constantly, and - as of now - we have no tool to prevent it.

i got dropped into three 3 losing wfs this morning alone ,lmfao.one thing i noticed is that i always lose elo getting dropped into a losing wf while yesterday i got dropped into a winning wf "one and only one" and got zero elo.

since reset 2 days ago i lost 55 elo and .4 win % -its not close losses but unwinable wfs that are the problem.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6