+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By Stihl
  • 2 Post By Soulesspurity
  • 2 Post By littlepoit

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Are the tier 2-3weapons suppose to scale in pvp for warriors/rogues?

Question Are the tier 2-3weapons suppose to scale in pvp for warriors/rogues?

Seems so far the weapon damage from these weapons aren't being lowered inside of pvp combat wondering what is the reason for this in particular was it overlooked?

Are they meant to be lowered for pvp purposes or are the tier 2-3 weapon damages suppose to deal the same damage they would in open world?

I know the spell power scaling is lowered for mages/clerics was wondering if this was overlooked with rogues/warriors for pvp.

Would be nice to know if anyone has the answers for this.
    Remembering How to Corpse Dance in World PvP

It is an overlooked bug.
    Serale@Faeblight

This is why I'm saying that rogues and warriors are over tuned for pvp. If you have seen Attillaa@Hailol around in pvp you'll know what I mean. Relic t2 weps op.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    This is why I'm saying that rogues and warriors are over tuned for pvp. If you have seen Attillaa@Hailol around in pvp you'll know what I mean. Relic t2 weps op.
    In this special case, it's the weapon and not the player.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

If bolstering (either direction) isn't working properly for any items, we definitely want to know. Specific item names help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    If bolstering (either direction) isn't working properly for any items, we definitely want to know. Specific item names help a lot.
    • Item Name: Every single equippable 1H/2H/Ranged weapon in the game.
    • Bug Description: Both "up" and "down" Bolstering in PvP has no effect on weapon dps. Since this item attribute plays a significant role in damage calculations for the Rogue and Warrior callings, characters on either side of the bolstering thresholds see significant fluctuations in their ability damage in PvP based off the quality of their weapons.
    • Reproduction: On either a Rogue or a Warrior (any soul) examine the difference between the tooltip values for any ability while switching between the relevant bolstered items (Main Hand/2H for melee abilities, ranged weapon for Rogue ranged abilities) between varying tiers, despite the character stat sheet remaining completely static.
    I'm ya boss baby, crank it like a chainsaw
    Rogue Moses of <Coriolis>
    "Everyone do their crafting dailies today?"
    Feed our Turtles, upload your combat logs!

/facepalm, haven't devs already acknowledged this issue?

I've been reporting this bug ever since the beta for storm legion to many different people. It has never been addressed, but I have been told recently by Kerilar that he will look into it. But just so you know, the damage difference between up bolstered players and non- bolstered frenetic pvp players can reach up to 20% in some specs, and up bolstered people compared to non- bolstered frenetic by upwards of 50% less damage. It's an insanely serious issue that has been around forever and it's slightly disappointing the bug has never been addressed. I do understand that people are super busy releasing new content, which is a good thing. It's a bug on the bolstering of WEAPON DPS, and it affects every weapon in the game. Mages and clerics do not benefit from weapon dps which is why this is a rogue warrior issue. My assumption has always been that when the bolstering system was made, it only affected the "character stat page" which weapon DPS is not shown on, thus got overlooked.

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

Draum Ra, the Rising Shadow
    Edge of Infinity
    Rhen Hunter Bow
    Rhen Stalker
    Thrandor, the Soul Splitter
    Finric's Fate
    Hardened Sword of Diamond Spans
    The Horizon Blade
    Bloodthirsty Cudgel
    Ulthar, the Tide of Woe
    Alken, Mercy's Hand
    Twisted Runeguard Shieldbreaker
    The Fixed Point
    36 Chamber Rifle
    Broadword of Ruin
    Jekket, the Enduring Victory
    Jekket, the Enduring Hope
    Dreadwind, the Stormbringer
    Fist of Threngar
    Moonstalker
    Granthor, the Forsaken Blade
    Fractured Fang of the Izkinra
    Vramen, the Earthshaker
    Rifle of the Lost Prince
    Pride of the Runeguard
    Hardened Sword of Diamond Spans
    Edge of Infinity
    Reapers Edge
    Kettomar, the Pain Reaver
    Vangir, the Purified
    Hardened Bow of Gold Auras
    Shootist's Rifle
    Marksman's Will
    Grave's Reach
    Tyfang, the Betrayer
    Glaive of the Betrayed
    Grand General's Rifle
    Fury Etched Cannon
    Senblade, Reality's End

these are some of the weapons that don't get reduced in weapon damage in pvp.
    Last edited by Soulesspurity; 08-14-2015 at 02:54 AM.
    Remembering How to Corpse Dance in World PvP

uh ocho people have been talking about this for about a month on the forums, is this really the first time you're hearing about it?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

both of em?
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

this is is just bad PR on top of bad QA, get a f....in grip.
    i can't believe trion is focusing on delivering a new class when there so much to fix in pvp. f2p marketing really sux. somebody should start a kickstarter to finance a PvP dev.... would probably raise a good 50$, that would double the pvp budget for the year.
    Last edited by littlepoit; 08-12-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by littlepoit View Post
    this is is just bad PR on top of bad QA, get a f....in grip.
    i can't believe trion is focusing on delivering a new class when there so much to fix in pvp. f2p marketing really sux. somebody should start a kickstarter to finance a PvP dev.... would probably raise a good 50$, that would double the pvp budget for the year.

I would sponsor rift again (still a patron but I don't buy rex or credit anymore) if they would hire a full time pvp dev, who could fix all the issues, soul inbalance (they can do pvp only changes) and bugs, and maybe could give us new content, as opvp, like we had before pvp rifts and so on.
    Grinding a new tier of weapon/armor and enchant is not content!
    There are so many bugs around.

+ Reply to Thread