+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Warfront Playtest July 24, 3:30 PM Pacific

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default New Warfront Playtest July 24, 3:30 PM Pacific

Hey folks,

We'd like to invite you to test the new Assault on Bronze Tomb Warfront, the first Warfront in the new Assault Mode. Assault mode features teams of attackers and defenders battling it out over a map. After a team is finished assaulting, either because they run out of time or have conquered the map, the teams switch spots with the defenders being the new attackers.

Here's a brief summary of this map and mode from Kerilar:

The Assault on Bronze Tomb is a new 15v15 Assault Mode Warfront.

Each team will take a turn attacking and defending the control points through the Warfront.
    Each Phase has a cap of 7 minutes, 30 seconds.
    Attackers are always red, defenders are always blue, but you get randomly assigned when you zone in…faction is irrelevant.

In the Passage of Fallen Heroes, there are 2 capture points. If either falls the attackers control the room and play moves forward to the Tomb of the First Settlers. There are power ups in the room, jump pads, and a fire trap in this room.

In Tomb of the First Settlers there are 4 locations for capture points, but only 2 will be active. The active points change from warfront to warfront and at each side switch. Beware of the spike traps in the side chambers. Powerups are in the central chamber.

In the Aurentine Treasure Vault, there is only 1 capture point. The attackers will have an uphill battle! There are 4 Ice Traps, 1 poison fountain, and 2 Defense cannons. The cannons must be activated in the side hallways to be used. Any player can turn them on or off so be careful! If the final room is taken, or 7:30 expires, the match resets putting the attackers on the defending side, and vice versa.

To win you need to capture more points, faster than your opponents.

Examples:
    Team 1 Captures 1 room in 7:30. Team 2 needs to capture the second room to win.
    Team 1 Captures 2 rooms in 7:30. Team 2 needs to capture the third room to win.
    Team 1 Captures all 3 rooms in 5 minutes. Team 2 needs to capture all 3 rooms in under 5 minutes to win.
    Please log on to the Public Test Shard at 3:30 PM Pacific on Friday, July 24, and queue for Assault on Bronze Tomb. After the playtest, please leave feedback in this thread.

EDIT: We have had to reschedule the Playtest for Assault on Bronze Tomb till Friday, July 31. We will be streaming on July 24 to show off the map still. Thanks!
    Last edited by Ocho; 07-24-2015 at 01:14 PM.

Sword of Telara

Sounds good! I should be able to make that but I might be half asleep by then. Maybe I'll wake up once I get started

That description would be so very useful to have in-game somewhere as it actually describes how to play the map rather than the current flavortext which was on PTS earlier (can't tell now because PTS isn't updating). Warfronts in general suffer terribly with people who don't know how they work, especially when that info isn't available in the text.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

How to leave feedback:

Feedback comes in two forms: objective and subjective. Feedback of both types is useful, but objective feedback is far easier to take action on. Examples:

Objective: Canons in the Treasure Chamber do x damage. This takes off y% of my health in full Frenetic gear.

Subjective: The passage feels cramped and there is too much blocking line of sight. I'd like more space for ranged attacks. Also nerf bards.

If you include details of a bug, please try to include all repro steps and if this bug happens every time or intermittently.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Current Known Issues:

The side switch after a team captures the 3 attack point is very abrupt at this time
    No achievements have been added.

I guess this answers the PM I just sent you on how to do feedback and if there was anything specific you needed feedback on lol. HURRAY NEW CONTENT

Lithmygoober@deepwood
    Lithmygoo@deepwood

So this map is like Huttball + Voidstar in SWTOR combined?

New Warfront Playtest July 24, 3:30 PM Pacific-2397__sweetie-belle_that-beautiful.jpg
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Finally... TRAPS!

Traps make everybody happy.

And perforated.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

Oh, there is indeed much perforation. And burning. And draining. And other horrible things. I like horrible things in my murder-pits.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerilar View Post
    Oh, there is indeed much perforation. And burning. And draining. And other horrible things. I like horrible things in my murder-pits.
    In before, "fix Kronos" ;)
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

And and.. void pits?

"So you charged me did you paragon?!"

KAPOW! RIFT TOMB!

"That's what you get for not using way of the mountain! But i'm sure that extra crit bonus was worth it!"

*Mumbled sounds as bahmi paragon is erased from the planes*

Rift never has enough void pits.
    -=[ Virulent - 65 - P100 | Harlakk - 65 - P100 | Ascaroth - 62 - P95 | Brahman - 65 - P92 ]=-
    -=[ VirulentX - 70 - P100 | Harlakk - 70 - P92 | Ascaroth - 60 - P10 | BrahmanX - 1 - P0 ]=-
    | VIRALIST: 65 |

#show Happy Face
    suppressmacrofailures
    cast Make It Rain
    /yell TAKE MY MONEY TRION
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

i'd love to test but trying to reinstall PTS just keeps giving me error 3300. i'm really surprised trion hasn't figured out a way to resolve this yet because this has been an ongoing problem for nearly three years now.

have fun guys :^)
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    i'd love to test but trying to reinstall PTS just keeps giving me error 3300. i'm really surprised trion hasn't figured out a way to resolve this yet because this has been an ongoing problem for nearly three years now.

have fun guys :^)
    I can't get the latest PTS update because of this either.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

sounds awesome!
    Hope it will be awesome on action too.

ermygherd a new wf ! Sweet !
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast