+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Warfront Playtest July 24, 3:30 PM Pacific

Thumbs up

I enjoyed the new wf, didn't understand what was going on at first but I caught on. Recommend adding some sort of mandatory tutorial (not my idea, but was mentioned before regarding folks not understanding wf objectives) to help get players up to speed when it goes live.
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    this ^

also, is the immunity to knockbacks after being pulled/summoned unique to this map, or will it be in effect throughout all PvP environments?
    Wait what? Knockback immunity? That's a thing now? D:
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    Wait what? Knockback immunity? That's a thing now? D:
    it was in the play test.
    I could no longer pull people near the traps then kick them in.

I had to switch to one of my standby specs, a reaver/VK hybrid, to jump in the trap myself, pull the enemies in, then shadow warp out before I took too much damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

it was in the play test.
    I could no longer pull people near the traps then kick them in.

I had to switch to one of my standby specs, a reaver/VK hybrid, to jump in the trap myself, pull the enemies in, then shadow warp out before I took too much damage.
    Well... that's lame... I guess there goes the idea of pull + propulsion + kick then. I may understand it being a thing in that specific warfront, but if they apply it on the other ones, that would suck for all of my melee specs.

I guess I'll just play reaver then.

#RIPMelee
    Last edited by Meowy; 08-02-2015 at 08:46 PM. Reason: #RIPMelee
    Serale@Faeblight

A few things I noticed:

1. Mirror run speed buffs from PA didn't work- intentional? (like Lasher's Bane)
    2. Potential for turtle specs very high. Would be easy to hold points with tanky healers.
    3. Did the turrets do any damage? Didn't see anyone being damaged by them. They did not seem to reach the defense points where most people were fighting.
    4. Would make more sense for the hallway openings to be random.
    5. As we saw, a few people with run speed buffs and troll specs could run through all 3 rooms pretty quickly. This warfront will heavily favor tank/healer bot duos. Damaging features should not be the only penalties. Maybe some of those features could decrease healing, remove buffs, or something else. Otherwise, the only ones penalized are the lower health high damage specs. Tanks and high health healers not so much.
    6. Respawn times are super long. If you try to respawn close to the turnaround time, you're stuck at spawn for additional time.
    7. Maybe if your team successfully gets into a room, those respawning get a shortcut to that place. Otherwise you spend all your time trying to get back through. Or maybe an additional feature that opens a shortcut portal for your respawning teammates that, like the turrets, can be cut off by the opposing team.
    ~Belisama

I might have to come back once this wf goes live. Sounds fun.
    Currently playing- GW2, SMITE

Quote Originally Posted by Azuli View Post
    5. As we saw, a few people with run speed buffs and troll specs could run through all 3 rooms pretty quickly. This warfront will heavily favor tank/healer bot duos. Damaging features should not be the only penalties. Maybe some of those features could decrease healing, remove buffs, or something else. Otherwise, the only ones penalized are the lower health high damage specs. Tanks and high health healers not so much.
    the damaging features all do a percentage of health damage, rather than a set number. as such, tanks will take a bigger hit, requiring a bigger heal to top up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

the damaging features all do a percentage of health damage, rather than a set number. as such, tanks will take a bigger hit, requiring a bigger heal to top up.
    ok, well that makes more sense. Still would like to see debuffs or something. Tank/healer bot duos would still not be bothered by those much.
    ~Belisama

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #69
    Rift Team

All of the ground traps have secondary effects. The fire drains mana and energy (warrior and rogue), the poison one snares, and reduces incoming heals, and the ice one roots and drains mana and energy. There are plenty of the effects you are talking about/asking for in the warfront. Enough so that I am considering reducing them somewhat.

I plan on watching a few more matches with players before I adjust much else at the moment, especially once folks have had time to learn the map and game flow. I am eyeballing all of these systems, and will certainly be changing them if the situation warrants. If you haven't played the Warfront yet, please hop on to PTS and give it a few runs.

i recorded and meant to upload the few matches i played but haven't gotten around to it yet. the first two points in the first two rooms are simply too spread out (especially the second room) and too difficult to defend for an evenly matched game, what i expect to see is the vast majority of time spent in this warfront in the very last room beating on respawning tanks and stacked healers while trying to cap.

i don't see any real incentive to do much else besides run from point to point in the first two rooms, and aside from the turrets up top in the third room, again there isn't any reason to leave the point otherwise, whether you're attacking or defending. people are going to cluster on objectives.. and i think that'll be mostly it.

the frantic rush to get to an objective before the other team does takes a lot of the actual i fun out of pvp for me.

on the other hand i feel like the map is actually very melee friendly so i guess there's that. the actual location of the points being at higher elevation (no los from stairs) or in two small-ish rooms where los will be difficult to get, and even the last room seem to lend themselves to melee souls a good amount.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5