+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Warfront Playtest July 24, 3:30 PM Pacific

Sword of Telara

Edit: Nevermind. I'm an idiot.
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-23-2015 at 02:26 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I use RB's Riftwalk for the same effect.
    players in this game are too obsessed with the pure damage a soul can do, they never look at the utility. if a soul isn't top FotM in damage, they aren't interested.

these new warfronts with death traps might encourage players to take a longer look at certain souls for the utility they offer. more likely they'll just complain that getting kicked into a fire trap and stunned is too OP.
    I agree. I'll be top killer in a lot of wfs, yet not even in the top 3 damagers. The more non pew pew abilities you use and or tactics, the lower your dps, but the more effective you are at killing people.

Time to get your updates ready?

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #49

Hey folks,

Just edited the OP but we've had to reschedule the Playtest for Assault on Bronze Tomb till Friday, July 31. We will be streaming on July 24 to show off the map still. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Hey folks,

Just edited the OP but we've had to reschedule the Playtest for Assault on Bronze Tomb till Friday, July 31. We will be streaming on July 24 to show off the map still. Thanks!
    Hope you will schedule the test sooner than 3.30 Pacific. 3.30 is too late for EU players.

2.30 Pacific is the limit. (or you could do two test, one EU friendly, and one US friendly).
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #51

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post
    Hope you will schedule the test sooner than 3.30 Pacific. 3.30 is too late for EU players.

2.30 Pacific is the limit. (or you could do two test, one EU friendly, and one US friendly).
    Definitely something to consider, it's a topic that's on our radar.

Definitely something to consider, it's a topic that's on our radar.
    Great Thanks.
    Guild: La main occulte on Brisesol.
    French translator of Tinker Tools.
    Owner of the Telara Rail Road: 14 Train Station are currently open to visit

All I can say from what I saw on the stream is

ooooooooo! The suspense is real.

I'll have to wear a lucky rabbit foot for this warfront with all those traps and cannons.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeryle View Post

any earlier is too early for Australian/New Zealand players.

Friday 3:30pm pacific is early Saturday morning for us, though we do have time for some breakfast and coffee, it means missing out on our weekend sleep-in (which kinda makes the rescheduling an unpopular move).

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Do we have an update on the exact time of the re-scheduled playtest? Trion's livestream schedule shows RIFT at 4PM PDT, but is that when the new time for the playtest will be? Or will it be at 3:30PM PDT on Friday?

Also, will the livestream only show the warfront, or will other info be provided as well?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #56

Just a quick reminder we're testing today at 4pm Pacific. We're looking forward to seeing everyone who joins us! You may even get a title out of it...

Just a quick reminder we're testing today at 4pm Pacific. We're looking forward to seeing everyone who joins us! You may even get a title out of it...
    I'm not actually working this week so I might be there!
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

RIFT Guide Writer

Q_Q. Working Fridays no bueno.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

The warfront was interesting. Traps can really change things up - pulls into the middle of an AoE coupled with the 90% snare from cannons absolutely destroys. Cannons are incredibly powerful.

A few things:
    • Wow were the warfronts fast. It felt like we were switching rooms before we even knew what was going on.
    • 2 capture points for Room 1 and 2 means that the defending team will almost always have less people on at least one capture point compared to the rest. From what I've seen, taking down Room 1 and 2 is pretty fast.
    • Room 3 is the roadblock given there's only one capture point and the two cannons + AoE in the middle means that Defenders can turtle pretty well. I see a lot of ties when this hits live, which will annoy players. If the teams don't take down the 3rd room, how fast they took down Room 1 and 2 should be taken into account instead of giving a tie.
    • Capture points should be capturable by multiple people at once. The one-person-per-capture-point is annoying and could potentially lead to trolls or guildies throwing the match to allow other members of their guild to get a win for the weekly by simply holding capture then cancelling at last second; rinse/repeat.
    • I think the defending team needs a little more time to prepare when Room 1 or 2 gets taken down. Perhaps delay the hallways for a bit so the defenders can port. The only defenders who seem to be in the next room before the attackers get there are those who were mid-way through respawning and got auto-teleported to the next room's respawn point.

Edit: Just noticed from the livestream that Kerilar's screen had the WIP map as well as a functioning mini-map. I wasn't getting that in my warfronts during the test. I had a blank map and the mini-map was Tempest Bay (where I had queued up from).
    Last edited by Jonus; 07-31-2015 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    [*]Room 3 is the roadblock given there's only one capture point and the two cannons + AoE in the middle means that Defenders can turtle pretty well. I see a lot of ties when this hits live, which will annoy players. If the teams don't take down the 3rd room, how fast they took down Room 1 and 2 should be taken into account instead of giving a tie.
    this ^

also, is the immunity to knockbacks after being pulled/summoned unique to this map, or will it be in effect throughout all PvP environments?

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast