+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree54Likes

Thread: Pulling through the Floor

Default Pulling through the Floor

I assume it is a tank of some sort that is pulling groups of people right through the floor of the bridge in port. Can someone fill in the details?

If the timing was on, I could see how this could be a good strategy, but the pulls seem more spur of the moment, than planned out. Sometimes, being a healer they are even helpful, when I am pulled right out of the middle of combat.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 07-08-2015 at 03:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    I assume it is a tank of some sort that is pulling groups of people right through the floor of the bridge in port. Can someone fill in the details?
    you are not pulled 'through' the floor.
    you are pulled next too the bridge, not under it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

C'mon, he can't pull you if he can't have LoS of you. There is nothing broken about clicking an ability. If you're whole group is getting pulled under because one dork pokes his head out, maybe you address the dork, not the guy playing right. Same reason I used to laugh in Eq2 with my heavy AoE's. All it took was 1 person to poke their head out and it meant devastation to their whole group.

And you're killing me ecru, we grew up playing a game where legit tactics are way trickier and dirtier than any of this. Lol, sup walking right up to the edge of the other side of a gap jump so the person hits your body, misses the fall, and his the gap. Swiftly timed teleport frags. Hanging around jump pads to rail people off the proper projectile path and either back to the floor or worse into a void pit. It was annoying and gimmicky, but it was legitimate gameplay. Same as this.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I saw the video. Like it's a coindidence you got pulled the second your toon reached maximum height. You got caught by his LoS. Nobody is breaking mechanics.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I saw the video. Like it's a coindidence you got pulled the second your toon reached maximum height. You got caught by his LoS. Nobody is breaking mechanics.
    Technically yes, it's breaking mechanics.
    A "summon" ability is supposed to teleport the target to you. Not under you.

Rift Summon: Teleport the enemy to the Warrior.

Unless a Dev specifically say that it is intended for the ability to not teleport the target to the Warrior but 20 meters below, it's breaking the mechanics.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Default hmm, I guess the definition fits?

ex·ploit
    verb
    ikˈsploit/
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).
    "500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, harness, use, make use of, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from; informal cash in on
    "we should exploit this new technology"
    noun
    ˈekˌsploit/
    a bold or daring feat.
    "the most heroic and secretive exploits of the war"
    synonyms: feat, deed, act, adventure, stunt, escapade;

noun
    a striking or notable deed; feat; spirited or heroic act:
    the exploits of Alexander the Great.

Looks pretty standard to me. I would stand right on the edge of staircases and ledges in steps and teleport entire groups to a sub level this way. I think people are just rage-y that it's happening to them.

i find it really weird that people pretend to not be able to tell the difference between what is intended usage of an ability/mechanic, and what isn't.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    Technically yes, it's breaking mechanics.
    A "summon" ability is supposed to teleport the target to you. Not under you.

Rift Summon: Teleport the enemy to the Warrior.

Unless a Dev specifically say that it is intended for the ability to not teleport the target to the Warrior but 20 meters below, it's breaking the mechanics.
    It's not breaking any mechanics. Most summons teleport the target slightly infront of you so that tanks don't have mobs porting behind them etc. When you stand at the edge of a cliff, ledge etc there isn't really any terrain on the same level that is slightly infront of you to actually place the summoned target so the target can end up at the base of said cliff/ledge.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    It's not breaking any mechanics. Most summons teleport the target slightly infront of you so that tanks don't have mobs porting behind them etc. When you stand at the edge of a cliff, ledge etc there isn't really any terrain on the same level that is slightly infront of you to actually place the summoned target so the target can end up at the base of said cliff/ledge.
    Where is it written that it teleport in "front" of the warrior?
    If anything, it should teleport at the same Y coordinate as the warrior and the summoned player should fall off the ledge.
    What it does right now isn't intended according to the very description of the ability.

Therefore, it's breaking mechanics unless a dev says otherwise.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    is it intended? do you think that when it was designed it was not only intended to teleport players to your position, but to teleport them far away by using map geometry to position yourself so that they're dropped into a corner somewhere, out of line of sight of yourself, your team, and their team?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

These are some pretty mlg pro strats right here
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. (™)

I'd have to say this is pretty minor stuff compared to forcing everyone to do the hokey pokey. Besides, this is what thunder blast is for.

lol knock him off and when he gets back up rift prison him then when that wears off knock him back off lol, keep doing that and i think kronos would rage

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast