+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Conquest and Premade Group Testing

Greetings all,

A while back we proposed running a test, disabling the ability to join Conquest in groups larger than 5.

Here is a synopsis of that original idea:

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    One of the things we'd like to test is limiting the ability to join the queue with more than 5 people. This change is a test of the functionality and how it impacts player experience long term. Raid sized premades have been a subject of significant discussion amongst the community for some time, and we’re going to roll out this limitation to live servers either with Echoes of Madness or shortly afterwards. This limitation does not signal a change in our overall philosophy of enabling RIFT players to play together as they choose, however we would like to see how this impacts overall participation in Conquest. Once this change goes live we’ll be keeping the eye on the results, and will discuss this limitation with the community after about a month or so of it being in place on the Live Servers.
    This turned out to be more complicated than we had anticipated; however the work has now been completed and, starting with the next update (tentatively scheduled for July 1 for NA and July 2 for EU), we’ll be limiting the max size a group can queue for conquest to 5. Once this change goes live, we'll evaluate both your feedback on the forums and hard game data on how this plays out. We will then follow up with you all on the topic.

We look forward to seeing how this test turns out! Look for more about this action within the next couple of weeks.

this is a welcome change. premades are immediately pushing timer well into primetime, making sure no one can really get kills. i solo joined in at around 6:15PM EST to get the ~150 kills i needed to finish my weekly shortly after CQ started and a few minutes later oath had pushed timer.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

inb4 "Trion hates PvP"
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Rift Master

Well I know one thing I won't be bothering with anymore.

Does this still come with the proposed 'no joining at timer' change?
    Last edited by spaceboots; 06-29-2015 at 06:20 PM.

Shadowlander

Default See ya.

Well we can have you and the other premade people, or we can have the hundreds that have left because of them.. let me see..

SEE YA.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gairnok View Post
    Well we can have you and the other premade people, or we can have the hundreds that have left because of them.. let me see..

SEE YA.
    1. like they're gonna come back in droves because PMs are all but gone? lawl
    2. it won't be long before people complain about CQ taking forever because most PM leads probably won't bother leading anymore so you'll have groups of headless chickens farming turrets for 4 hours.
    Last edited by Artak; 06-29-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    1. like they're gonna come back in droves because PMs are all but gone? lawl
    2. it won't be long before people complain about CQ taking forever because most PM leads probably won't bother leading anymore so you'll have groups of headless chickens farming turrets for 4 hours.
    1. I never said 'droves'. However do I think many will come back, sure.
    2. I think there will be far fewer that are complaining when they can get their weeklies done, rather than having timer constantly pushed by someone who has theirs done already, or doesn't care.
    3. Are you still here?

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gairnok View Post
    1. I never said 'droves'. However do I think many will come back, sure.
    2. I think there will be far fewer that are complaining when they can get their weeklies done, rather than having timer constantly pushed by someone who has theirs done already, or doesn't care.
    3. Are you still here?
    I'm sure there will be less complaining but only because they only do CQ for the marks and not for the pvp and this will make it even more PvE based than it already is. I mean heaven forbid people have to do pvp for pvp quests and maybe die in the process.

I'm sure there will be less complaining but only because they only do CQ for the marks and not for the pvp and this will make it even more PvE based than it already is. I mean heaven forbid people have to do pvp for pvp quests and maybe die in the process.
    there's no cq as it is now. no one joins because there isn't enough people to stop the premade from pushing timer right away. either premades need to be taken out of the equation or cq needs to be disabled entirely because it serves no purpose if it only lasts ten minutes once an hour.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    there's no cq as it is now. no one joins because there isn't enough people to stop the premade from pushing timer right away. either premades need to be taken out of the equation or cq needs to be disabled entirely because it serves no purpose if it only lasts ten minutes once an hour.
    so they buff neutral ext hp or better yet have an actual queue for CQ so you hit the join button and then it'll wait 5-10m to try and balance numbers a bit before actually starting the match.

One of the issues with participation over the past few weeks especially imo is the spacing. When stillmoor is the only map and it's up every hour it makes it so there is a small stream of players that make the map seem empty and are incapable of slowing down any PM. As much as I hated steppes it seemed to serve a purpose, it threw a dam across that stream and every 2 hours it would release a larger influx of players filling the map better.

Enjoy the stacked premade groups! I'm certain the premade leads are just going to totally love it! But seriously, I think Trion should have listened to those who loved Conquest before changing it. Shenoah had a great detailed point regarding what will come of conquest from the team limitation.

I don't play anymore, but I wish those I played with the best (if they're still around).
    Last edited by Nidhoggr; 06-29-2015 at 07:10 PM.

Shadowlander

so they buff neutral ext hp or better yet have an actual queue for CQ so you hit the join button and then it'll wait 5-10m to try and balance numbers a bit before actually starting the match.

One of the issues with participation over the past few weeks especially imo is the spacing. When stillmoor is the only map and it's up every hour it makes it so there is a small stream of players that make the map seem empty and are incapable of slowing down any PM. As much as I hated steppes it seemed to serve a purpose, it threw a dam across that stream and every 2 hours it would release a larger influx of players filling the map better.

What are you talking about, Steppes was even more one sides than Stillmoor is now.

do you even rift?

Horrible...
    Grl / Grrrl / Grrrrl / Grrrrrl @Deepwood <Hello Kitty> Grrrrl / Grl @Zaviel and probably more...

RETIRED

Quote Originally Posted by Nidhoggr View Post
    Enjoy the stacked premade groups! I'm certain the premade leads are just going to totally love it! But seriously, I think Trion should have listened to those who loved Conquest before changing it. Shenoah had a great detailed point regarding what will come of conquest from the team limitation.

I don't play anymore, but I wish those I played with the best (if they're still around).
    Hold on, people actually like Conquest?
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 25 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast