+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

Soulwalker

I've been playing Rift since 1.1 on different accounts through the years, I enjoyed the pvp in the beginning with the progression through the different prestige ranks and though I'm highly upset that went bye-bye I was happy to see that cq will be more balanced with the 5-man testing. I'm in one currently and actually enjoying myself. I'm a highly active player and do cq 2-3 times a day each day. However last week for example I joined cq and played it through but we always lost, each and every cq I lost and I single-qued. The teams which have won were premade. I just think you guys really need to keep the 5-man restriction since I find it way more balanced then before.

Can anyone from NA confirm if the pre-made 'nerf' made it into the game today when the Shards are up?

Nothing in the patch notes and inquiring minds in EU are anxious

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Can anyone from NA confirm if the pre-made 'nerf' made it into the game today when the Shards are up?

Nothing in the patch notes and inquiring minds in EU are anxious
    It isn't live yet. We qued a full 20 man premade just a little bit ago.
    #endthedoublestandards

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #124

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    You are right the "vocal minority" didn't make the decision. The rift devs made the decision because of the vocal minority.
    We didn't make a decision, we are running a test. I guess you could say we decided to test something, but that's a bit of a stretch from the way you phrased it. The final decision on this is in no way made, we're waiting for both data from the servers and feedback from all of you.
    Last edited by Ocho; 07-01-2015 at 09:26 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #125

It isn't live yet. We qued a full 20 man premade just a little bit ago.
    It will be enabled shortly. The code has been on the servers for a while, it was just never enabled while we did other work to make sure it would work properly.

Default Bump up rewards

and make cq a zergfest again plz...

Like giving t1 marks instead of void stones on win/looses

Ocho is there a way after the test, to keep the change when the server less people on to limited cq to 5? then on prime time take off the limit? I'm for the change, but giving PM groups a point of time when there most online to have them fighting each other, to keep cq balance. As push all the people want to do outside premade to do it at prime time may push the group we have now to play then.
    Last edited by Zaber; 07-01-2015 at 09:59 AM.

You are right the "vocal minority" didn't make the decision. The rift devs made the decision because of the vocal minority.
    It comes to a point where those in favor of retaining 20-man premades need to acknowledge a simple fact: Conquest has been rendered into a worthless endeavor with a few exceptions, such as: the rare occasions that multiple pms provide a competitive atmosphere, or the MINORITY who happen to be in the winning pm when little opposition exists to prevent them from securing an immediate win.

You may suggest "how could the only pm be the minority?" Consider how many players queue for conquest during these scenarios- then immediately remove themselves due to the futility that arises- I find it difficult to believe that these numbers are less than a premade.

Some players will simply utilize any advantage whatsoever for their own purposes, sometimes to the effect it nearly becomes an exploit. For example, overabuse of the stealth mechanic contributed to the downfall of the now near-extinct owpvp situation.

Unless something changes, Conquest will be rendered extinct as well.

They are simply locking to a faction and then popping back in when they hear the match is ending with a random chance at a reward.

People are smart and lazy...
    It's like coming into the office at 7:30, deciding that you deserve the day off, and then popping back in for an appearance at 4:30 and getting paid for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hectyr View Post
    You may suggest "how could the only pm be the minority?" Consider how many players queue for conquest during these scenarios- then immediately remove themselves due to the futility that arises- I find it difficult to believe that these numbers are less than a premade.
    They are simply locking to a faction and then popping back in when they hear the match is ending with a random chance at a reward.

People are smart and lazy...
    It's like coming into the office at 7:30am, deciding that you deserve the day off, popping back in for an appearance at 4:30pm, and getting paid for it.

First match was fine, still no actual progression in CQ though so it will die out again anyway.

Add in those dailies I suggested please. Would be the other change needed to keep CQ active.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

So, one observation. Once we entered conquest we went to form/organize our 20 man raid. Even though the raid was set to "private" it was actually public, and random people kept merging into the group.

Several of them were unable and/or unwilling to use a useful raid spec, or to follow the calls. The choice at that point was to kick them...which creates yet more of a bad attitude on being able to work together in a conquest faction.

On the positive side, each faction did have a leader, and cq was relatively populated considering the time/day.

Shadowlander

Logged on and decided to hop into the new cq and see how it was.

Holy crap it was awesome. Granted I came in when there were a couple hundred kills gone but when I joined I scanned map, action in the eye, over 30 people per side.

Went to the eye and it was like old school awesome cq when we actually had enough of a population playing to support multiple premades.

Dom was holding the extractor, NF comes crashing in. Typical cq lately would be one team is the hammer, wherever they show up they smash any other group. Not today, both sides fight to a near standstill for several mins, meanwhile oath is fast capping and gets to 61% then both sides have to bail out to defend.

After resetting the %s back to eye this time there are 3 full raids on each side and in the middle of it oath slams into the flank and dead people are everywhere. About 8 of us from NF survive and go up the hill part way and spend a couple mins pulling people out of the zerg below to kill before reforming with our main group.

It went on like this, big fight after big fight until finally Dom and NF fought for a tad to long at DF and Oath was able to push timer. Even after that it ended up very close between all 3 factions at the end with Dom winning.

I don't know if this was just a curiosity thing so a ton of people were playing or if this is a trend that can continue but wow was it the most fun I've had in cq for a long long time.

Each side had a leader and even in the 3rd raid people were doing the 2 tank 6 heal, rest dps spec mix.

Only downside was of course the old school cq lag was also back and we had a guild member who had to leave because his pc just locked up every time we had one of the giant fights in eye.

I don't know if it will stay like this in the long run but it sure is fun today.

Rift Master

Match number 2 with the 5man limit imposed is on pace to finish in 6 hours rofl.

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    I'm worth at least 0.5k more than that since my premades come with free Ice Cream.
    I expect the value to fluctuate depending on time of day, number of leaders known to be queuing, day of the week (day before reset could see players desperate for a win willing to pay more), ect.

good plan on the value adding though.
    maybe you could also try a plat back guarantee: 1k kills and/or a win or your plat back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast