+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

At least the dialogue is very upfront in informing the players that the PvP experience is a phase in testing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    inb4 "Trion hates PvP"
    messing with cq pm's does not = trion hates pvp.if thats whats your looking for,just take a look at this x-pax until now and form you own opinion.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    There's things called Warfronts to do if you think Conquest matches will take far too long, guess none of you did World of Warcraft's Alterac Valley "back in the day" when the same match could last 3 days

Actually now that i think about it, Blizzard made the same mistake with AV as Trion did with CQ, listened to the whiners too much and dumbed it down so bad that eventually (at least before i left WoW) AV was just a zerg to the boss and over in 5 mins, 99% of the players left then probably never relalized you could craft items to summon elite NPC's on war mounts or summon an Elite boss
    in wow you can buy pvp gear with currency earned from bgs/pvp right?well in rift thats not the case,so comparing the two does not make any sense.you do not see people in rift running wfs for anything more then getting the weekly's done.thats where the problem is and it will stay a problem until its addressed.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    in wow you can buy pvp gear with currency earned from bgs/pvp right?well in rift thats not the case,so comparing the two does not make any sense.you do not see people in rift running wfs for anything more then getting the weekly's done.thats where the problem is and it will stay a problem until its addressed.
    That is inded the main problem,i wager the majority of people who enter wf's or cq certainly don't do it for the fun of it but to earn their raid marks,the whole "bring people into all aspects of the game" philosophy is at fault,as someone allready mentioned before in this thread,if the weekliy CQ quests were removed for a month noone would step foot in there at all.

This change will hopefully alliviete the pain for those who,for whichever reason,couldn't join the premades and were getting tired of being perma-roflstomped.
    Last edited by Asenturius; 06-30-2015 at 08:33 AM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #65

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    opening bets on how long it takes for the complaints to start rolling in on four how long CQs, with suggestions to drop the timer triggers to 500 kills or 33% of extractors:

players joining at the start will complain that they have to log out before the match ends, rendering their efforts worthless.

and still no word on shutting the door on the timer joiners...
    We decided to split the tests, as it will generate cleaner data. That's still something we are considering for the future.

That being said, it's a test all. Debating the impact before it happens is less valuable than letting us know your feelings afterwards.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    THIS. but trion will NEVER do it. they KNOW cq sucks, and everyone hates it. they KNOW that nobody will even touch it if they ever remove the raid marks incentive.
    Saying that everyone hates it is clearly wrong. Some folks enjoy it, some folks do it for the rewards, and others don't do it. It's completely optional though, so if you hate it I recommend not doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    In order to be consistent when are you going to announce that raids can only que as 5 man raids and have to test their luck on the other 15 players? I am sure the Rift devs want to be consistent because inconsistently leads to a perception of favoritism.

This is a sad day for rift PvP, not because of the 5 man premades, but the fact that this shows the devs will do what they want regarding PvP, and not take ANY input from they players that enjoy CQ and PvP. Instead they will fold like lawn chairs to the vocal minority.

*****EDIT***** I encourage everyone to put #endthedoublestandards in their signature to show awareness for the double standard trion has when it comes to PvP and PvE.
    Conquest and Raiding are apples and oranges. There isn't a competition between them.

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    I am very tempted to say: If the shoe fits ...

+ all stated in between in previous post

This does not mean I do not wish CQ to be better and more fun. More PVP.

Kind Regards,

Pinata Healer Oomfoofoo.
    well, we do agree on some points. problem is the pacient treatment.

Situation - not enough people play CQ because its not popular except in some situations like prime time weekends and freaking wednesdays. and because there is NOT enough people left playing.

solution (by you know who) - lets delete one map, and make people not raid group anymore. that will fix it.or we can always say that we tried fixing it and we did our part .

solution (by me) - allow CQs only once a day. change time routine every other day...like in thursdays n mondays its in morning...and simmilar. offer decent rewards. curent ones are pure slap in face.

i keep saying:
    - imagine if you get MT sharax all of sudden deleted without announce. (late announcment came few days after)
    - imagine 5 peope from ..lets say Apothecary guild having to kill Akilfish with 15 randoms! (az crazy they are they would prolly do it tho)

yeah..doesnt sound to cool eh?

we premaded because we wanted to play with people that knew how to play. not because of reward, not because of win... killing 40 pugs with 15 people.... clashing and showing who has better raid, going deepkneee in enemies and poping up size to make you more visible and targeted....making sandwiches to prevail, using narow places as raid chokers... ond ofc theres always a 1vs1 or many vs many encounter that can be great pvp wise.

ill keep PvPing cause i love it. no matter how muttalated it is. i always find a way.

kind regards,
    pinata zerger Sekirach@bloodiron

Ascendant

Good changes... no one is stopping you from forming a postmade... you really think this will stop these so called leaders forming postmade? If anything it will take more skill and more challenging for these leaders.

Surely more skill than instantly queue into CQ and timer happens after 2 minutes after a total of 2 players killed.

Such hypocrisy.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    Have you ever tried to herd cats? It doesn't work and it upsets the cats.

Judging by some of the people I come across in NTEs, warfronts and CQ, a large amount of them wouldn't know a proper AOE spec if it hit them in the face and said "Hello! Use me!!!" and yet you think leaders will enjoy trying to get 15 people in terribad specs to do something useful alongside their pre-made 5 man?
    You missed the irony. In fact, your reply is ironic.

The full statement was about how the constant PM players (the ones always forming 20-40-60 man blowup teams) would reply to the non PM players, "Hey man, no ones stopping you from making your own PM and leading your team to victory."

I'm just replying in kind. "Hey man, no ones stopping you from getting your 5 man PM together and leading the PUGS to victory."

Also, look up the word leader. Its someone who takes charge, or something along that lines. I believe you incorrectly think its someone whose given advantage over a primarily disorganized team. Kind of like star athletes going against the special olympics.

That aside, the PLAYERBASE does not support BALANCED PM's that are constantly there throughout the day in any HEALTHY sense. For example, it would be dumb to increase the PM numbers to say around 40, because, simply put, this games numbers do not warrant it. It is PROVING that the numbers also do not create a HEALTHY, 3 faction team with mostly 2 or 3 full PM's on each side. It's not there-period. Reality check.

Knowing this, you should be realistic and realize you would then downgrade the PM side for the mass casuals, rather then cater to one PM ruling all. What's amazing is how people complain or don't/havent seen this for a while now. In this sense we have a chance of increasing the numbers for the mass casuals.

Personally I would have gotten bored long ago patting myself on the back against no challenging groups if I was in the PM's constantly. Really? LOL.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Saying that everyone hates it is clearly wrong. Some folks enjoy it, some folks do it for the rewards, and others don't do it. It's completely optional though, so if you hate it I recommend not doing it.
    I hate how it currently is, and applaud change. I do not like randomly joining CQ's, which are completely NOT random on your chances of being on the winning team with PM's ruling, and never winning, ever. Random chances would tell you I would randomly be on the winning team 33.333% of the time. PM's throw that completely out the door.

So the casual player does not enjoy CQ, which is the end result-casual players hating CQ. Hence why players think everyone hates it.

That being said I would nominate a timer. I think CQ should have had a timer all along, even without these changes. This would encourage more players to join and stay longer to actually do pvp and get their weekly done, with the added benefit of quicker CQ wins vs. being farmed all day long, or CQ simply being over in minutes due to PM's who've already gotten their weekly done. If you set the timer at 50 minutes with a ten minute break in between, or something of the sort, I can see people also happy that if they didn't get their weekly finished, they can just join ten minutes later again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Some go to college, and some don't. It's optional though. Skip getting an education, and just get the experience. You'll fair very well in the world.

See, society is designed so that college is optional, but not doing so is basically going to stunt you to a noticeable degree in many/some areas. So why play coy and act like people can just skip CQ and still receive the full intended experience of having a rocking PvP ready toon?

I don't even play any more and I can't emphasize how sick I am of hearing devs say "lol don't like it don't do it". Except that you tied your virtual world in a way that NOT doing it leaves you in the dust in many cases. So stop acting like it's just a simple "oh, don't do it then." choice because, not participating in all the faucets of your game you obligate players to participate in has so many strings attached. You've just strong armed the reward system to either "do it all and get it all" or "skip what you don't want to do, and don't get what you want to have." aka: "do what we want you to do, and you can have what you want."

Quite a mantra for a game premised on the illusion of lots of styles and options of gameplay. Sorry mang, never seen such selfish development. This game cares more about what the devs want to spectate their player base doing and seemingly less what the player base wants to do. I mean c'mon, anyone with a head on their shoulders who knows how this game works gets everything I wrote. I don't mind blunt truth, but reading sugar coated non-sense is probably my biggest pet peeve. Activities in this game are like dominoes. Take a few away and your potential will only go so far. But when you write sentences like I quoted, you imply the opposite almost. Technically true, but any player who follows that advice with the personal desire to PvP will be unhappy still.
    Last edited by Violacea; 06-30-2015 at 09:45 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by mics001 View Post
    Future QQ on this thread...by the people supporting this..

1. It takes forever to get my CQ Win!!QQ
    2.My kills takes forever cause few CQ leads that still form Premades already quit...
    3. CQ Gets more hostile cause 5 man PM gets annoyed when the pugs dont listen to em...just like on Warfronts when people who are playing to win gets annoyed cause others are just killing for weeklies.

Oh I never benefited from the CQ late night or morning PM cause i never won a heart out of prolly hundred times of farming it during off peak.
    1. I never get my win because its not random. The PM almost always wins. Therefore the MASS MAJORITY of casual players actually never win/join CQ. With changes that will completely change to an actual chance to BE PLACED on the winning team vs. a PM forming that WILL WIN the game. You couldn't be more wrong.

2. Kills would take just as long, or actually be quicker, since as a casual player YOU CAN NOW GET KILLS. The only team getting all the kills, unless lucky in a PUG group, was the PM team....... I'm amazed at the amount of ignorance you post on this subject. Yes, the PM team farmed the Pugs dumb enough to continue playing, and yes, created the mass majority of why everyone hates PM's for another reason. Not only do you typically not win, you just get farmed. Its worthless, currently, to be in CQ if you aren't the PM. Been playing since Beta....

3. Pugs might not listen but they will be 1. killing other players (quicker timer), or 2. Going after extractors (which again add to the kill count and/or complexity of trying to control the game. In either case, that's all kill counts towards the weekly. This is vs. a PM group waiting until a group of casual PUGS gather at an extractor to farm them. If ANYTHING, this will quicken the game since PM's do wait-sitting and doing nothing-until PUGS gather to farm. That's how much control they have over the end results of the game. Even without a faction actively going for the win (if you need one) you still have a lot better chance of randomly winning then the current scheme-which is the PM constantly winning. So again, a total win for the game and the mass majority of players.

Cq can be fun, when it drag to long is a pain, or a out number PM group stack up at one side is not to much fun. But This is a welcome change is better trion do something then drag on this forever.

Even way I'm willing let them test see where they want to take cq in the future, right now them not changing CQ in ways to keep PM have not change having more PM groups starting we even have less of them now.

I know some can say cuz of the pvp change in 3.0, it was more going down here for pretty long time with CQ. JUsr see more casual joining or people solo queue more then PM groups, making it unbalace games, but will it make it longer game? maybe but complain that is going make it a longer game meaning that want fast wins didn't want a balance in the group size in the first place to get ones weeklys done.

There will be pvp change I'm not going like or other not going like that I may, like there is no fair balance way to deal with it then working on way to stop making things worst, that way test comes in.
    Last edited by Zaber; 06-30-2015 at 10:03 AM.

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #75

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    So why play coy and act like people can just skip CQ and still receive the full intended experience of having a rocking PvP ready toon?

I don't even play any more and I can't emphasize how sick I am of hearing devs say "lol don't like it don't do it". Except that you tied your virtual world in a way that NOT doing it leaves you in the dust in many cases.
    We tend to incentivize activities in game. I think we all agree that is important. And with the diversity of activities in RIFT, it's likely that not every activity will appeal to every player. So we certainly expect that not everyone will participate in everything. But the rewards remain, and some folks will choose to engage in activities they maybe don't enjoy as much.

We have caps on many rewards to make it so that people don't feel the need to endlessly grind activities they may or may not enjoy to get those rewards. But people still may feel the need to do everything to get rewards. And that's an option to them, because we want people to have that option available if they choose to pursue it.

So why don't we allow people to do whatever they want over and over again to the exclusion of all else? Well, if we did that people just gravitate towards whatever they can complete the quickest, and say then we're forcing them to do that. And we do value people trying new things from time to time, because heck they might just enjoy it.

So it's not "lol, hurr de hurr don't do it if it's not fun", it's "Hey, this is a game you are playing to have fun, play it in a way you have the most fun. If you actually hate something, don't do it because then you're not accomplishing goal #1, which is have fun." If you have feedback on how to make something more fun, great. If there are rough edges that need sanding down because they reduce your fun, that's important. These are things we want to hear. If you hate something and never want to do it no matter how it changes because you fundamentally don't like it, then feedback like "I hate this, delete it" is pretty much ignored. Because it doesn't add anything. And if you aren't playing, pretty much all your feedback falls in to that category too.
    Last edited by Ocho; 06-30-2015 at 11:50 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast