+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

Why is any better timer push than running in circles around eye for hours? Average pugs who just looking forward, never look at map, and leave extractor even if the enemy team at the next extractor. Most common situation extractor takers get massacred by the enemy while half the team already on next extractor. I just call them carousel teams and leave that cq.

You want kills but you are able to fight against empty extractors only and running away from the enemy.

I welcome 3-4 hours CQs since now
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    Why is any better timer push than running in circles around eye for hours? Average pugs who just looking forward, never look at map, and leave extractor even if the enemy team at the next extractor. Most common situation extractor takers get massacred by the enemy while half the team already on next extractor. I just call them carousel teams and leave that cq.

You want kills but you are able to fight against empty extractors only and running away from the enemy.

I welcome 3-4 hours CQs since now
    3-4 hours pass fast if you have fun, lol

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Well I know one thing I won't be bothering with anymore.
    Your absence will be filled by those who have long-ago stopped queueing due to the dominance of the premades.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    opening bets on how long it takes for the complaints to start rolling in on four how long CQs, with suggestions to drop the timer triggers to 500 kills or 33% of extractors:
    Complaints coming from people actually queuing Conquest would be a welcome change from the silence that has come from a severe lack of participation.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    If the intention is to see whether people actually enjoy Conquest or not this is a bad way to do it. For a month, remove the two CQ quests that give 480 Fragments of Madness and see how many people even bother to go into CQ when there's no raid-mark incentive for them to do so.
    With my new compute I may actually be able to enjoy the zerg battles. However, I'd much rather see more small group action.

Regardless, despite the rewards for the weeklies, I have not queued for CQ since February. No point really, given that CQ on my time zone consisted of a team of 20+ against two teams of 5 or less.

Whatever this change does to CQ, I can't imagine it becoming worse than the pointless endeavor it currently is. Of course, those who formed premades and enjoyed their farm-fests will disagree.

Future QQ on this thread...by the people supporting this..

1. It takes forever to get my CQ Win!!My easy raid marks also become RNG cause yeah RNG = content Trion Logic...QQ
    2.My kills takes forever cause few CQ leads that still form Premades already quit...QQ
    3. CQ Gets more hostile cause 5 man PM gets annoyed when the pugs dont listen to em...just like on Warfronts when people who are playing to win gets annoyed cause others are just killing for weeklies...QQ

Oh I never benefited from the CQ late night or morning PM cause i never won a heart out of prolly hundred times of farming it during off peak.
    Last edited by mics001; 07-01-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Regardless, despite the rewards for the weeklies, I have not queued for CQ since February. No point really, given that CQ on my time zone consisted of a team of 20+ against two teams of 5 or less.
    How bad was your previous computer that you couldn't either run the Conquest Tracker add-on, or see someone in 65 chat say "CQ, 1 minute left", and then join in the last 30 seconds and see if you ended up on the winning team... I know for certain that tactic works, because that's how I get each of my five characters a win every week.

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Dee View Post
    3-4 hours pass fast if you have fun, lol
    I don't consider fun farming extractors.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    i happen to be a "True PvPer" . and hearing you about saying stuff like - safe win...carrying around....abusing...actually pvping for win....do you even know what you are talking about? win for what? weekly? 1 win and its done, u have more rng chance on wining random CQ than wining random WF with this matchmaking. for hearts? they are useless in pvp.
    i went premading because i want to kill. (other premades,anyone and anything anywhere on map). and i did that with people that know how to do that. with my friends.

"Fake PvPers" will be running to next extractor in "connect the dots" game no matter how big the party size is. im repulsed with such behaviour in pvp.

will i still play CQ - yes.
    will i still be better than "Fake PvPers" - yes.
    will it be fun for me - yes.
    are they doing the right thing - they have no clue what they are doing 99% of the time.
    I am very tempted to say: If the shoe fits ...
    The fact that you resort into trying to twist my words into things I have not said (carrying around - abusing), is because somehow you take how YOU read in my post personally.

Now I think I understand where you are comming from, and I respect you for that.

I will try to word clearer what I meant to say, bear in mind I am not a native English speaker, so it is harder to word in my exact emotions and intentions maybe then it is for others.

If you speak about the CQ matches that may occur during primetime, I would agree with you, and grant you what you said.

But I would like you to consider the following:

To me the few interesting matches happen during primetime, what to me is like a little over 1/4 of the day, for the rest of the day, to me close to 3/4 of the day, the CQ's are dominated in most cases by a premade.

Those CQ's ... depending on how fast the premade enters the match ... will consist of the few people that already entered, devided over 3 factions, or if they enter real fast, basicly just them, and all that press join after this will be tossed into pool of the other 2 factions that are from that point in the minority.
    Those tossed into these 2 factions often quickly realize their situation, and more often then not just bail almost instantly the match, they won't bother even to try, and quite frankly I do not even blame them for this.
    A few die hards will just half afk wait out the match, or very few will try to get some PVP, knowing they can maybe take on the 1-2 folks on an extractor, cause all are split up to do this to end the match asap.

It is these matches I am referring to, and those people who claim THIS is PVP.

Matches where there is hardly any opposition, or matches what are dominated 2-3-4 vs 1, I do not call this PVP, better terms are zerging, slaughter, roflstomping ... but myself, I would never claim such a thing as PVP.

I dare not claim I am a true pvper, a die hard, but I do like pvp, I enjoy it, and when in it, for 98% of the time, I will do my bestest to win/help win.

So for you I will try again to word myself very clearly.

Me personally cannot take anyone who claims that during almost 3/4 of the day, those matches of CQ is PVP serious as a PVPer.

I think we all know, many and that is including me, besides for the actual funstuff, also join a premade to get the weekly done.

I think many realize that CQ, (mark my wording) is not working as intented. (will not go into how/why, it has been discussed to death).

I also dare to claim, and I hope some are honest enough to admit this, if not in a premade, they just do not join CQ, assuming anything but premade is a lost cause. (pointing the not primetime matches)

I have been around long enough to see some ups and downs in CQ history, and can say I also had some very good times in CQ, and I would like to see those back.
    For me it is not the winning, but the mega battles that happened back then I found so awesome.

I understand we have not the population of the past, I pretend to realize when the premade hype began, with the raid rewards inside... perks to keep up and what not.
    I pretend to realize CQ is not working as intended, and applaud Trion for trying to fix this.

I honestly admit I have tasted the up and the downsides of premades, I was never shy to join them myself, for the obvious reasons.
    This does not mean I do not wish CQ to be better and more fun. More PVP.

Kind Regards,

Pinata Healer Oomfoofoo.
    Last edited by Umfufu; 06-30-2015 at 04:43 AM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Greetings all,

A while back we proposed running a test, disabling the ability to join Conquest in groups larger than 5.

Here is a synopsis of that original idea:

This turned out to be more complicated than we had anticipated; however the work has now been completed and, starting with the next update (tentatively scheduled for July 1 for NA and July 2 for EU), we’ll be limiting the max size a group can queue for conquest to 5. Once this change goes live, we'll evaluate both your feedback on the forums and hard game data on how this plays out. We will then follow up with you all on the topic.

We look forward to seeing how this test turns out! Look for more about this action within the next couple of weeks.
    In order to be consistent when are you going to announce that raids can only que as 5 man raids and have to test their luck on the other 15 players? I am sure the Rift devs want to be consistent because inconsistently leads to a perception of favoritism.

This is a sad day for rift PvP, not because of the 5 man premades, but the fact that this shows the devs will do what they want regarding PvP, and not take ANY input from they players that enjoy CQ and PvP. Instead they will fold like lawn chairs to the vocal minority.

*****EDIT***** I encourage everyone to put #endthedoublestandards in their signature to show awareness for the double standard trion has when it comes to PvP and PvE.
    Last edited by Hailolyergory; 06-30-2015 at 04:44 AM.
    #endthedoublestandards

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    so they buff neutral ext hp or better yet have an actual queue for CQ so you hit the join button and then it'll wait 5-10m to try and balance numbers a bit before actually starting the match.

One of the issues with participation over the past few weeks especially imo is the spacing. When stillmoor is the only map and it's up every hour it makes it so there is a small stream of players that make the map seem empty and are incapable of slowing down any PM. As much as I hated steppes it seemed to serve a purpose, it threw a dam across that stream and every 2 hours it would release a larger influx of players filling the map better.
    A little bit of effort to balance the teams before the match starts would go a long way.

It'll be interesting to see what happens. I can see a ton of gank squads running around, could make for some great pvp. There will still be well known leaders who will join and organize the raids. Of concern will be the potatoes unwilling or unable to flex to specs that will benefit the team as a whole as we see in wfs, but people have free will. It is what it is.
    Genrii@Deepwood
    I will keep smiling, be positive and never give up! I will give 100 percent each time I play. These are always my goals and my attitude. Yani Tseng
    Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    But is all a test let see how this go's.
    the passive movement speed increase they put in place at the start of Storm Legion was a test too. its still there (and they had to do silly things with melee hit boxes while moving to accommodate it).

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Why wouldnt PM leads lead? I would find it more challenging leading smaller groups of random 5 man pugs then leading an unbalanced sized team against a dwindling, disorganized two other factions. Perhaps we will actually get to see real leaders vs "leaders" who all but have the game in the bag from the start with every advantage possible.
    leaders are already at the point of burnout. this is why we are seeing fewer and fewer premades even without this change.
    leaders like to know their calls are followed, something pugs are not the best at. sure, the pugs might happily follow an established lead like Rgi, but newer or less respected leads will see their zerg fragment and spread all over the map as pugs run off to do their own puggy thing.

P.S. back during SL I used to lead the occasional Steppes CQs as a pug, and had a decent success rate vs premades, so I guess you can say I'm one of those "real leaders".

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Please lower CQ Kill requirement a tad, It's very hard to get 2000 kills in the oceanic region when CQ's only last 10 minutes. I have to WIN over 15 CQ's per week just to get my kill weekly done and that's with me staying up until 5 AM in hopes of finding 2 american leads making a premade and batting it out with each other.

With this new change oceanic players will literally be forced to farm 2000 turrets or play during american peak time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    How bad was your previous computer that you couldn't either run the Conquest Tracker add-on, or see someone in 65 chat say "CQ, 1 minute left", and then join in the last 30 seconds and see if you ended up on the winning team... I know for certain that tactic works, because that's how I get each of my five characters a win every week.
    Gratz. But what does this have to do with the current changes to Conquest? And how does it change the fact that Conquest was not worth queuing into as an entertaining PvP activity?

Rewards are important in any aspect of modern MMOs, but I PvP in Rift for the fun of it. Time permitting, you will find me in the warfronts even after my weeklies are turned in and my daily warfront charges have run out. My current interest in Conquest is not in finding an easy way to get rewards, but in having another form of content with which to enjoy the game.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Umfufu View Post
    If you call pushing the timer within 10 minutes or roflstomping upto 10 peeps with 20+ peeps PVP, we sure do have a different perception on what PVP is.
    This goes back to my issue with the current spacing of CQ matches. This has mainly become rampant in the past couple weeks since the removal of steppes. It would happen before but primarily in offpeak times when there were almost no people on. And both of those scenarios would be mitigated somewhat by the suggestions I had of either higher neutral ext hp or an actual CQ queue.
    Last edited by Artak; 06-30-2015 at 07:17 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post
    I don't consider fun farming extractors.
    Then don't do it. Either form a good 5-man kill squad, gank lone targets, find another entertaining activity in Conquest, or just don't queue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast