+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

I'll say woot, but I know is not a fix for the long term. But a welcome Test.
    Last edited by Zaber; 06-29-2015 at 07:38 PM.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Gairnok View Post
    What are you talking about, Steppes was even more one sides than Stillmoor is now.

do you even rift?
    Where did I say steppes was balanced? I said it served a purpose(a similar purpose could probably be achieved by increasing the cd on stillmoor to 2 hours). Most people avoided it because there weren't many kills to be had and the first PM to win the inital skirmish generally won. So that means everyone saw ok steppes is next and would go "hmm maybe I'll do my NTEs/WFs etc now so that in 60-90m when stillmoor pops I'll be done with all that and ready for some killing".

The constant Stillmoor CQ every hour atm is like if you threw a party that lasted from 7am to 1am, sure it's available to more people and you may even have a higher total number of people show up but most of the duration of the party you're only gonna have a couple people there and it's pretty lame. Now if you limit the amount of time CQ is active with a longer CD(or reimplementing steppes) it's like saying party starts at 8pm and goes till midnight, less people show up overall but higher concurrent numbers make it at least a little less lame.
    Last edited by Artak; 06-29-2015 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Hold on, people actually like Conquest?
    Pre-NT yes actually. This change isn't even going to help CQ, Rgi and comp will still roll other teams cause Rgi.

Also this doesn't change the fact that CQ is completely pointless because the rewards are garbage.

Also doesn't change the fact that all of the suggestions from CQ leads were ignored.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 06-29-2015 at 07:45 PM.
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

Should be focusing more on rewarding people for queueing and encouraging people to stay for the entire match, rather than punishing people who take the time and have the ability to form premades.

ITT : watch some people, who got carried in premades, QQing about the new, FAIRER CQ system, because it bans their precious premade.

Quote Originally Posted by fatbahmi View Post
    ITT : watch some people, who got carried in premades, QQing about the new, FAIRER CQ system, because it bans their precious premade.
    Like CQ requires some awesome leet skillz.....lets face it you need to have at least 1 finger to press a macro with all your aoe skills and you pretty much fill the criteria of a CQ DPS Spec...

as for this change...People who are QQing on the PM will eventually QQ on how long it is to finish a CQ...
    Last edited by mics001; 06-29-2015 at 08:34 PM.

Well finally gonna be trying out CQ again to see how this will work out~
    Serale@Faeblight

"LF4M for 5-man pre-made, need to have 10k hit and 300k DPS to make up for the slack of the missing 15 people"

opening bets on how long it takes for the complaints to start rolling in on four how long CQs, with suggestions to drop the timer triggers to 500 kills or 33% of extractors:

players joining at the start will complain that they have to log out before the match ends, rendering their efforts worthless.

and still no word on shutting the door on the timer joiners...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Limiting player options because of a bad system that was poorly implemented isn't the way to do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    opening bets on how long it takes for the complaints to start rolling in on four how long CQs, with suggestions to drop the timer triggers to 500 kills or 33% of extractors:

players joining at the start will complain that they have to log out before the match ends, rendering their efforts worthless.

and still no word on shutting the door on the timer joiners...
    This been happening the same befor when PM just farm both team and will not let any the time hit that 66% mark with amount of number they have. But I agree to lower the kills count. But is all a test let see how this go's.
    Last edited by Zaber; 06-29-2015 at 09:25 PM.

Plane Touched

I think this is a good start, but since CQ is going to take longer now, can you (Trion) consider lowering the kills required to set off the timer? I was in a CQ the other day that lasted well over 2 hours...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We look forward to seeing how this test turns out!
    Instead of complaints about CQ being one-sided that'll change into complaints about each CQ match taking hours due to it needing to be kill-count triggered because without any leaders you'll have small groups of players running around circle-capping extractors from each other.

"Oh, look. That CQ that started at 07:00 before I went to work this morning has gone end-phase, I'll join in the last 30 seconds and see if I get a win" said the guy at 19:00.
    Last edited by Meteorblade; 06-29-2015 at 10:15 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    1. like they're gonna come back in droves because PMs are all but gone? lawl
    2. it won't be long before people complain about CQ taking forever because most PM leads probably won't bother leading anymore so you'll have groups of headless chickens farming turrets for 4 hours.
    Logically 5 man PMds will balance out the sides. They will also be organized, and 5 players can make a difference, especially vs a ton of pugs, as you are suggesting.

This is vs. twenty man teams that normally have no competition.

Why wouldnt PM leads lead? I would find it more challenging leading smaller groups of random 5 man pugs then leading an unbalanced sized team against a dwindling, disorganized two other factions. Perhaps we will actually get to see real leaders vs "leaders" who all but have the game in the bag from the start with every advantage possible.

I say to you what every pro CQ player says back to PM complainers. Just make your five man PM team and lead the pugs to victory.

At a very minimum everyone should then have a 33.33% chance of winning, with more emphasis on personal effort helping to sway that % vs one PM ruling all.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Drkirb View Post
    Should be focusing more on rewarding people for queueing and encouraging people to stay for the entire match, rather than punishing people who take the time and have the ability to form premades.
    Interesting view.

You still have PMds. Just now it (should) throw them on separate factions so things are actually balanced.

So that twenty man PM will be equalized across the factions.

If time is the issue theyve already lowered time on wfs its not a foreign concept to simply add a max time for CQ. It should have one anyways. Even if its set at 50 minutes with the reset ten minutes later this would encourage more casual players to join and with a better chance of winning with personal effort adding to the overall experience and chance of winning.

Or keep the current just roll stomping teams by setting up perfect comps and little to no competition....

I find punishing a funny word considering the above. The only people punished were non PM players and casuals whom probably make up a ton more of the players then the constant PM players.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-29-2015 at 10:35 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast