+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast
Like Tree442Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

Quote Originally Posted by McChaffe View Post
    This isn't the case in Hellokitty@Hailol. Most of the leads who form there take whoever messages first or whichever player has a spec they need. Recruiting based off gear is dumb as most players are on the same level in CQ.
    Try telling that to your EU counterparts,LFM CQ 1200+ hit + link your best raid achievement is not uncommon,which obviously means it's allways the same cliques which form.
    Last edited by Asenturius; 07-03-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Telaran

This isn't the case in Hellokitty@Hailol. Most of the leads who form there take whoever messages first or whichever player has a spec they need. Recruiting based off gear is dumb as most players are on the same level in CQ.
    Let me correct you there, it isnt "SOMETIMES" the case in Hellokitty@Hailol. note the word sometimes because it definitely happens whether you try to deny it or not. I'm not saying grouping up with geared players is bad, and tbh it isnt dumb at all because its one good way of assuring a win for your team. Its just that its the main reason why others are discouraged to form a PM and try to lead because most of them know that they wont stand a chance on a stacked pm composed of pretty geared players.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    another observation on the "new meta" of CQ brought on by these changes...

new leaders, pug leaders, and even some pre-existing leaders struggle to herd the cats on their team. players in general lack the discipline required for a zerg to function as a well oiled machine.
    the result as players scatter all over the map and very little actual pvp as zergs are barely capable of even maintaining a circle derp of extractor farming.

I dunno, ive just started leading CQs recently and so far im not having a hard time to make my group follow my calls. and mind you, NO PM in any of my raid and just probably 4-5 "known" players the rest are what you guys called "potatoes" and guess what? i managed to get them a win.

So far on all of the factions that ive been into with the recent change in CQ, new leaders/ pug leaders were able to lead decently.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    I can't help but feel that the 5-man queue limit really does dumb down conquest to the point of frustration for any player who has an understanding and an appreciation for what conquest was intended to be. It is catering to the vocal minority of people who will find something to complain about...regardless of the circumstances.

I can understand why pugs might be somewhat happier with it, because they don't have to care what specs they use and they are somewhat less likely to get run over by an organized group of players, but it doesn't make anyone a better player.
    Shanoah, I truly respect your opinion & position on the matter.

But the glaring issues with the previous set-up of Conquest created a few scenarios- and the most frequent ones created a senseless debacle to the players involved:

*One premade with little opposition- resulting in immediate win or relentless attempts to farm the unorganized resistance- this was the most frequent scenario

*Multiple premades stacked on one faction- happened rarely, but when it does happen its a futile attempt to try to win, or at the very least- harvest rewards from a chest

*Multiple premades on varying factions- resulting in potentially fun & competitive games- now how often did this occur recently? Not very often, otherwise the perspective to maintain the "20-man premade queue" would be virtually unanimous

I keep seeing those trying to support their opinion with catch phrases like "the vocal minority"? Who has access to these specific numbers? We all tend to maintain communication with those that share our own perspectives- friends, guilds and the like. Only Trion has access to specific metrics indicating player activity, and if they felt a change was necessary- doesn't it stand to reason that the majority would favor such a change?

And really- does following 19 other players around while spamming AOE macros make "better players"?

Or consider this: the Roman Legions were virtually invincible for many centuries- the best training, weapons, and discipline available in that time period- yet the Huns managed to thwart them consistently.

With guerilla warfare.

Rift's conquest reflects a similar change of warfare culture- adapt & conquer.

And most of all- HAVE FUN.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker123 View Post
    Let me correct you there, it isnt "SOMETIMES" the case in Hellokitty@Hailol. note the word sometimes because it definitely happens whether you try to deny it or not. I'm not saying grouping up with geared players is bad, and tbh it isnt dumb at all because its one good way of assuring a win for your team. Its just that its the main reason why others are discouraged to form a PM and try to lead because most of them know that they wont stand a chance on a stacked pm composed of pretty geared players.
    Unless you provide me an example, I'm not going to believe you. Not once in my entire time in HK, since mid SL have I seen a regular HK lead request hit. RGI doesn't. Shen doesn't. I don't. Predict doesn't. Hafa doesn't. And the other small time leaders don't. The only time I saw a hit request, the guy asking for it got roasted and never formed again.

Also, the only reason why HK leads stomp is due to their premades being guild premades. They know what they're doing and do well despite several players being in mostly blues.

Again, I take first come first serve. Others do to. If you're missing out you're either late or not paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    Try telling that to your EU counterparts,LFM CQ 1200+ hit + link your best raid achievement is not uncommon,which obviously means it's allways the same cliques which form.
    EU is f***ed. That's due to a lack of a community around CQ though.
    Last edited by McChaffe; 07-03-2015 at 01:15 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Pics of it didn't happen. I've never been in HK the guild, but i've been in the chat since it started up. I've yet to see a CQ with a requirement outside "can you play X spec that we need?"

EDIT: This hour long cq is so good. Totally want to spend and hour here. totally.
    Last edited by evantide; 07-03-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

@Ocho, I like the changes, I am playing again. Boot the pms from WF between 11 pm and 11 am Pacific time and I will be a Rift junky again....

Seriously though, I really do enjoy the game lately. Non primetime is still rough for solo queues but this change shows vision to do what's needed for the game as a whole. Someday, when we are all versed in CQ WINNING, maybe we return to the twenty person PM but for now, this is teaching and it's what's needed.

My phone has been taken over by Charlie Sheen, when I type winning it auto suggests WINNING for some reason...
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

This was the exact same experience for me, but you and Dachro helped me learn a few of the ins and outs of CQ, although I still have a lot to learn.

Maybe this is just me being optimistic, because that is just the type of person I am, but I really feel like the majority of premade leaders felt like they had a "duty" to help others learn CQ pre 3.0. Now I feel like most premade CQ leaders are burnt out, and only lead to get their weekly CQ win and kills in, I know I am in this boat.

It is sad that 3.0 and now the 5 man premades have ruined the teaching/learning experience many of the CQ vets enjoyed.
    im going to have to disagree with your post.no cq pm leader is goign to take the time and teach you how to play/run a cq when cq is active.they might tell you were to be,sure but calls are calls right?if your talking about teaching/helping you how to lead a pm,well then yeah they can help YOU learn how to lead.

i probably ran more cq pms then 99% of the people in this thread and i still do from time to time.i loved fighting othe rpms back in sl it was a blast and we had some kick *** fights.so lets be real here this is not sl and rift does not have the player base to support one sided cqs.this change and yes it would suck if your running in pms 24/7 do to not being almost giving a win.you have to see whats happening to rift and its pvp,they needed to make this change for the game as a whole not just the last few pm groups.

where do you think alot of the old cq leaders went?=gone.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Bliter View Post
    snip
    To each his own. I don't enjoy stupidity brawling for over an hour. I'd rather it was just a 20 minute brawl at eye for every CQ.

Have you considered using MSWord to write your posts in? I agree with your post, I think, kind of guessing on the run together words and thoughts.

Just sayin...
    Last edited by Bliter; 07-03-2015 at 02:46 PM. Reason: @butkus with love....
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    To each his own. I don't enjoy stupidity brawling for over an hour. I'd rather it was just a 20 minute brawl at eye for every CQ.
    This is what KR Domination is....
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Telaran

Unless you provide me an example, I'm not going to believe you. Not once in my entire time in HK, since mid SL have I seen a regular HK lead request hit. RGI doesn't. Shen doesn't. I don't. Predict doesn't. Hafa doesn't. And the other small time leaders don't. The only time I saw a hit request, the guy asking for it got roasted and never formed again.

Also, the only reason why HK leads stomp is due to their premades being guild premades. They know what they're doing and do well despite several players being in mostly blues.

Again, I take first come first serve. Others do to. If you're missing out you're either late or not paying attention.

EU is f***ed. That's due to a lack of a community around CQ though.

It may not be explicitly asked on the hk channel, but we both know that there are ways to actually ask and confirm what a player is wearing, no? Though i admit i may be assuming things here. Actually im more interested of you showing those players in blues that joins an hk pm though i doubt it now
    Last edited by Lurker123; 07-03-2015 at 03:21 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

It may not be explicitly asked on the hk channel, but we both know that there are ways to actually ask and confirm what a player is wearing, no? Though i admit i may be assuming things here. Actually im more interested of you showing those players in blues that joins an hk pm though i doubt it now
    No lead that I've ever seen has done that. At all. I've been joining various CQ premades on mains, alts, and even gotten green geared people in PMs just by having them ask. The only 2 checks that have ever happened are 1) Everyone have consumes 2) Everyone in right roles.

Of course no one does that now since it's 5 man so you have to take the best at all times.
    Last edited by evantide; 07-03-2015 at 03:32 PM.

Soulwalker

Cool

It's finally fun to play CQ again. Yes, it is possible that it takes too long, but there is an easy fix for that, isn't' there? (timer? 40 mins tops?)
    I played with all my toons all day in all different factions. EVERY FACTION HAD A CHANCE. Some were better organized than others, but it was super fun.
    Keep it up.
    Excellent choice.

Rift Master

My only interactions with the majority of CQ leads in HK chat is sending them a tell with specs and asking for an invite so that all but rules out any kinda of favoritism and yet I have NEVER been either asked what my hit was, turned away because of gear, or kicked after joining because of gear, even on alts in all blues.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 23 ... LastLast