+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast
Results 136 to 150 of 371
Like Tree442Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Conquest and Premade Group Testing

  1. #136
    Champion of Telara McChaffe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Artak View Post
    Match number 2 with the 5man limit imposed is on pace to finish in 6 hours rofl.

    Dailies would fix this by adding more reason to do CQ multiple times each day. Trion pls.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    I expect the value to fluctuate depending on time of day, number of leaders known to be queuing, day of the week (day before reset could see players desperate for a win willing to pay more), ect.

    good plan on the value adding though.
    maybe you could also try a plat back guarantee: 1k kills and/or a win or your plat back.

    This idea, I like it! Another!
    Everything after Storm Legion was a mistake. ()

  2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #137
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shanoah View Post
    So, one observation. Once we entered conquest we went to form/organize our 20 man raid. Even though the raid was set to "private" it was actually public, and random people kept merging into the group.
    This functionality has been changed and should go live next week barring anything asploding, so players won't automatically join your five mans (or less) upon joining CQ.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 07-01-2015 at 03:46 PM. Reason: typo!

  3. #138
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    This functionality has been changed and should go live next week barring anything asploding, so players won't automatically join your five mans (or less) upon joining CQ.

    Does this apply to the 20 man raids that are formed inside of CQ?

    I think that was the main concern.
    #endthedoublestandards

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    Does this apply to the 20 man raids that are formed inside of CQ?

    I think that was the main concern.
    I'm not looking at the code right now to see the exact way it should function, but I believe that it depends on the way you try to form the 20 man.

    If my memory is correct, currently if you join it will place you in a group with other players and you have to leave to create a new group. If you join as a group, then it will put new players into that group (which is the functionality that I changed for next week). So if your concern is that you are unable to fill a raid with the 20 people you want due to the system automatically placing others in the group you joined with, the behavior of it should be changed for next week to no longer do so.

  5. #140
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    I'm not looking at the code right now to see the exact way it should function, but I believe that it depends on the way you try to form the 20 man.

    If my memory is correct, currently if you join it will place you in a group with other players and you have to leave to create a new group. If you join as a group, then it will put new players into that group (which is the functionality that I changed for next week). So if your concern is that you are unable to fill a raid with the 20 people you want due to the system automatically placing others in the group you joined with, the behavior of it should be changed for next week to no longer do so.
    Thanks for the response.

    So to dummy it down for people like me if you join with a 5 player PM everyone has to leave the group once inside CQ and reform. Once you reform in CQ you can make your group private. Am I understanding this correctly?
    #endthedoublestandards

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #141
    Rift Team RoughRaptors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    If you join with a 5 player PM everyone has to leave the group once inside CQ and reform. Once you reform in CQ you can make your group private. Am I understanding this correctly?
    Currently I think that's how it works but once again it's off the top of my head so I can't be 100% sure. It's just as of next week you should no longer have to reform your group, although people can still merge into yours which just happens to be a side-effect of the system. It should be easier though because at least players will have to manually join your group rather than being put into it automatically.

    The grouping is a little bit tricky, sorry I can't provide a more concrete answer :-/.
    Last edited by RoughRaptors; 07-01-2015 at 07:45 PM.

  7. #142
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SupermanSocks View Post
    Currently I think that's how it works but once again it's off the top of my head so I can't be 100% sure. It's just as of next week you should no longer have to reform your group, although people can still merge into yours which just happens to be a side-effect of the system. It should be easier though because at least players will have to manually join your group rather than being put into it automatically.

    The grouping is a little bit tricky, sorry I can't provide a more concrete answer :-/.
    ok Thanks for your response at this late hour
    #endthedoublestandards

  8. #143
    Soulwalker Fextina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    7

    Default

    Well apparently it is not active yet on EU. I just tried to join CQ and guess what? It said FULL within the first 5 seconds. I was held in queue for the next 9 minutes as the premade finished their job.

    When will this exactly be rolled out? I'm so sick of those premades.

  9. #144
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    116

    Default

    For EU, it's already too late I'm afraid, 100% CQ with one PM wins in less than 5min. We have alerted many times for months and PM are still there.

    Last CQ, a full PM on oath, 7 max on nf before timer, probably less on doms, 1 extract taken by nf, 1 by doms => timer with 9 kills.
    Last edited by Koruen; 07-01-2015 at 10:42 PM.

  10. #145
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Saying that everyone hates it is clearly wrong. Some folks enjoy it, some folks do it for the rewards, and others don't do it. It's completely optional though, so if you hate it I recommend not doing it.
    AFAIK Only the people queing with 20 man groups and roflstomping everyone else enjoyed it.

  11. #146
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    AFAIK Only the people queing with 20 man groups and roflstomping everyone else enjoyed it.
    i have fun pugging into cq and playing cab as long as the raid i'm in has good heals. a few good dps/heals in one raid can make a really big difference, even against (lol) premades.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  12. #147
    General of Telara Sheo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    975

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    AFAIK Only the people queing with 20 man groups and roflstomping everyone else enjoyed it.

    When the team was able to follow/switch specs I enjoyed cq even when I was pug. It was satisfying to get a good team and wipe the other teams, even a pre raid. When the team just running only circles around eye, not sure who can enjoy that. I usually left after a few min.

    I NEVER enjoyed steppes when we had no resistance and just running with stones. That simple boring like hell. Don't bring back steppes in its old form.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

  13. #148
    Sword of Telara MickNico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    815

    Default

    This took so long I don't know what DP stands for anymore. I gave up CQ a while ago as it had turned into a joke.
    I'm sure the poor darlings (PM) that stuffed CQ as I knew they would will be happier in the long run having even matches where they have to fight to win and not just join to win.
    Now how do you get everyone that gave it away back? I just found out about this now here and would never of gone back to CQ unless this had happen. Some mention of this change needs to be put up in game as most people don't read forums.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

  14. #149
    Rift Disciple Orgone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    178

    Default You should not...

    whine when there s only 1 pm !!!!

    Nah srsly its far far too late on EU.....-i even stopped forming pms long ago cause it became something like all about the fast win....no kill farming anymore and that s where the fun was at...

    But plz dont blame PMs for all the mess happening...

    Ppl dont want to fight in pvp they just want the pvp rewards which sounds kinda weird while I think about it....

    PvP rly needs a serious buff the 5 man max pms wont change too much at all..

    I say it again, reward ppl for pacipitating in content, give us more stuff for killing extractors and even way more for killing other players. 10 Void stones every 100 kills should become like 20 T1 raid marks every 50 kills. PULL the ppl in the content!

    But i guess in this pve focused game we wont see any major pvp changes at all, I still love it

  15. #150
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MoMo1 View Post
    It is far to late in EU. Premades killed it
    Yep, EU is still it's usual barrel of laughs

    One of today's matches....


    Conquest and Premade Group Testing-lolquest.jpg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts