+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloro Question for Chloros

Ascendant

Default Chloro Question for Chloros

Mage is my least played soul, since I dislike support so much. I did enjoy playing chloro, however.

While this isn't about survivability (I know the issues). I wanted to know how the healing is. I've seen a ton of people, whether synth swapping or even not, hitting extremely high hps marks. Is it now a highly effective ST healing soul with the aoe pulling in high hps or are the high numbers mostly from aoe fluff. Even at the aoe fluff the marks I'm seeing are very, very high for hps.

Used to enjoy seeing how many people I could kill as chloro. At any rate, some info would be appreciated on the subject. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Mage is my least played soul, since I dislike support so much. I did enjoy playing chloro, however.

While this isn't about survivability (I know the issues). I wanted to know how the healing is. I've seen a ton of people, whether synth swapping or even not, hitting extremely high hps marks. Is it now a highly effective ST healing soul with the aoe pulling in high hps or are the high numbers mostly from aoe fluff. Even at the aoe fluff the marks I'm seeing are very, very high for hps.

Used to enjoy seeing how many people I could kill as chloro. At any rate, some info would be appreciated on the subject. Thanks.
    Even when you're filling a target full of jelly, your still fluff healing everyone a little bit. Also, allot of the AOE heals are only being done (switched to) because the Chloro is trying to heal themselves while running to safety or has the cursed Reaver Dots of doom and healing debuff of death so they are switching to AOE heals in a last ditch effort to save themselves.

Here I said something that was really ridiculous (mosty nostalgic) and mentioned the healing numbers we put up and so on... at any rate, the more experienced Choro's put me right in my place at about post #141 lol.

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...ml#post5051890

The point is that putting up fluff and running from the penaly box is what most Chloro's are doing. You look at the meter and think "I must be doing well" (wrong) your just an easy target. Today I mostly run my Chloro in premades with other healers in voice chat so we can properly take care of people and I can be taken care of. Realtime communication and healing is very powerful until combined Elo takes over.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-29-2015 at 11:31 AM.

Shortened a weird double post error.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-29-2015 at 11:32 AM. Reason: 2X posted shortened for more space

I'll leave this and this here.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

Synthesis swapping is a must in my opinion. I spend very little time aoe healing because multiple people are usually near death at the same time. Symbiosis is my go to cd, use it on a second target that is near death or on your synthe target (this makes them dying virtually impossible for 10 seconds).

I believe chloro is the best single target Healer in pvp and possibly the best aoe healer as well, this is with the understanding that the chloro will have a pocket healer to keep the chloro alive. Takes some time playing it to begin to do well with it, but it is worth !
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Telaran

When I run chloro in WFs it's almost always as a raid healer as opposed to ST. You can get a good amount of healing out of synthesis, but it's entirely reaction heals to dmg already taken as opposed to like Puri or Defiler heals which will actually reduce dmg taken as it comes in. There's also a slight issue with delay in chloro healing since your damaging spells you use to heal almost all have to travel to your target, which usually isn't a huge deal, but when you have people running around potentially LOSing you or if you're lagging at all it quickly becomes a problem. As a raid healer though, Chloro is still amazing, especially in those large group vs group games where your living storm and corrosive spores hit their max number of targets and provide a LGV heal for each tick of dmg.

This says it all.

http://i.imgur.com/RUkgIkn.jpg
    Last edited by Gilgad; 06-29-2015 at 08:27 PM.

Pick ride the wind, otherwise you are screwed. (or queue with a pocket healer) other points not mandatory. Use insoles always and mirrors, mighty quickening brew with ride the wind when escape.

Chloro is not the best st healer, never will be until shielding intact.

~24 K lbv is pretty good, gz!
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    If I am seeing correctly, your Synth target is receiving healing from:
    - 25k crit from Nature's Touch
    - 4k HPS from Corrosive Spores
    - 14k? (6k + 8k) from Void Life

Meanwhile, the non-synthed target on the left received fluff heals for a whopping 0.6k.

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    Here I said something that was really ridiculous (mosty nostalgic) and mentioned the healing numbers we put up and so on... at any rate, the more experienced Choro's put me right in my place at about post #141 lol.
    In this case he was quite incorrect.

I went over one of my recent videos, and noted that while my CS procs heal the Synth target for ~2100 per person/seoncd, they heal a mere ~75 on non-Synth targets. Multiply the 75 by the number of people healed by LBV's AoE procs, and you have 375 'fluff' heals to the 2100 ST heal. That would make the 'fluff' heals around 15% of the Chloro's total healing on the warfront scoreboard (less, if the Chloro is skirmishing in groups with less than 5 additional allies).

The fluff/ST ratio may change depending on the Synergy Crystal the Chloro has equipped.

At 7:04 in Snap's first video, he appears to have 4 players enjoying ~2k+ ticks from LBV. Maybe I am misreading it, maybe it is his Synergy Crystal, or maybe something else. I honestly have no idea how he is managing that.

At 7:45... a 40k Synth crit heal.

So yeah, I'd consider the Chloro a very effective ST healer. There is a bit of fluff healing, but the bulk of the healing will be strictly ST for those who primarily Synth-switch.

Edit: Went back over some more of my videos, and there are times when three or more of my allies are getting LBV hits of 2k as well. Anyone know what spell is producing these (it certainly is not CS)? This increases my estimate for 'fluff' heals - though I'm not sure why anyone would consider such 'fluff' a bad thing, considering the solid nature of the Chloro's ST healing (which, according to Ianto's testing, is equivalent to the healing produced by Sentinels).
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-30-2015 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    If I am seeing correctly, your Synth target is receiving healing from:
    - 25k crit from Nature's Touch
    - 4k HPS from Corrosive Spores
    - 14k? (6k + 8k) from Void Life

Meanwhile, the non-synthed target on the left received fluff heals for a whopping 0.6k.

I went over one of my recent videos, and noted that while my CS procs heal the Synth target for ~2100 per person/seoncd, they heal a mere ~75 on non-Synth targets. Multiply the 75 by the number of people healed by LBV's AoE procs, and you have 375 'fluff' heals to the 2100 ST heal. That would make the 'fluff' heals around 15% of the Chloro's total healing on the warfront scoreboard (less, if the Chloro is skirmishing in groups with less than 5 additional allies).

The fluff/ST ratio may change depending on the Synergy Crystal the Chloro has equipped.

At 7:04 in Snap's first video, he appears to have 4 players enjoying ~2k+ ticks from LBV. Maybe I am misreading it, maybe it is his Synergy Crystal, or maybe something else. I honestly have no idea how he is managing that.

So yeah, I'd consider the Chloro a very effective ST healer. There is a bit of fluff healing, but the bulk of the healing will be strictly ST for those who primarily Synth-switch.
    Almost right, the 24k was corrosive spores, the random 8k ticks is ruin, as the dot left after the initial hit also heals for a significant amount (almost as much as a void life proc).

though I'm not sure why anyone would consider such 'fluff' a bad thing.
    It's definitely not bad. It's just the way we are naturally. To the people who believe that Chloro's have insane healing on the WF battlefield (which is true for people who Veil switch and keep themselves alive), I would remind them that there is a far bit of healing which is fluffy because it doesn't have stopping power.

When I see Peaches and Allegory in a Warfront together, I'm looking at two very competent PVP healers Cleric and Mage who are wonderful members of the Rift community as well. If one of our PMs is stacked against them we usually prefer to put pressure on the Cleric before the Mage if their together because the Mage is not going to die with a full time Cleric healer and bringing synth to the Cleric is essentially giving the pugs a chance on the other players. That's the logic anyways.

Mages broadcast who their Synth healing is directed at and they take an eternity to switch veils. Killing targets a Mage is collectively healing in PVP is much more simple for people who understand the limitations Mages have. Big numbers don't mean anything in PVP at the end of the day. It just means the Chloro is a bigger target.
    Last edited by detpack; 06-30-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    It's definitely not bad. It's just the way we are naturally. To the people who believe that Chloro's have insane healing on the WF battlefield (which is true for people who Veil switch and keep themselves alive), I would remind them that there is a far bit of healing which is fluffy because it doesn't have stopping power.

When I see Peaches and Allegory in a Warfront together, I'm looking at two very competent PVP healers Cleric and Mage who are wonderful members of the Rift community as well. If one of our PMs is stacked against them we usually prefer to put pressure on the Cleric before the Mage if their together because the Mage is not going to die with a full time Cleric healer and bringing synth to the Cleric is essentially giving the pugs a chance on the other players. That's the logic anyways.

Mages broadcast who their Synth healing is directed at and they take an eternity to switch veils. Killing targets a Mage is collectively healing in PVP is much more simple for people who understand the limitations Mages have. Big numbers don't mean anything in PVP at the end of the day. It just means the Chloro is a bigger target.
    A good cleric healer would realize he in Synthed and leave his healing up to the Chloro while he keeps the rest alive. If the Chloro is not enough then the Cleric could heal himself as well, in which case you are trying to DPS through Synth & Cleric healing on your target (meanwhile the Chloro's LBV is giving five of his allies some bonus padding through his AoE healing).

Focus on the Chloro and you immediately halve the Chloro's healing potential as he has to rely on HT/Bloom/Resurgence/NH and LGV/CS. Using Ianto's figures:

Chloro:
    Natural Healing crit: max ~10.8k average ~8.9k
    Bloom crit: max ~13.3k average ~11.2k
    Lifebound Veil Void Life crit: max ~13.3k average ~11.2k
    Lifebound Veil Nature's Touch crit: max ~22.4k average ~18.4k
    Forcing a Chloro to heal himself will result in a large loss of HPS once his Bloom/Resurgence/HT are off GCD. Ianto's NH produces 6k HPS to his VL's 11k. His CS/VL/Ruin/NT would produce significantly more healing towards an ally than his VS/CS would produce towards himself (Bloom/HT/Resurgence could be used on either). Forcing him (or any Chloro) into LGV to defend himself immediately results in a large HPS drop for the enemy.

I simply do not understand how anyone could ignore a Chloro and allow him free reign to Synth another healer. Maybe there is something I am missing here?

tl;dr: focus the cleric and you have 2 healers to DPS through; focus the chloro and you have 1.5 healers to DPS through. Why focus the cleric?
    Last edited by Nefelia; 06-30-2015 at 08:38 PM.

Edit: Went back over some more of my videos, and there are times when three or more of my allies are getting LBV hits of 2k as well. Anyone know what spell is producing these (it certainly is not CS)? This increases my estimate for 'fluff' heals - though I'm not sure why anyone would consider such 'fluff' a bad thing, considering the solid nature of the Chloro's ST healing (which, according to Ianto's testing, is equivalent to the healing produced by Sentinels).
    The 43k heal was from Soul Tether (Battle Rez).
    40k heal would require a Cleric tank with it's CD on top of Unstable Transformation, symbiosis and probably even raid buffs to reach.

As for the ~4 people getting healed for those 2-2.5k heals, I'm not exactly sure what was exactly going on at that moment, but I did a synth swap and doubled up with Symbiosis on a third target.
    Looking at the heals I take myself from LBV, I don't see anything above 800 in crit.
    I'll keep an eye out to see if I there is anything causing LBV to heal my non-synth target for more.

The most important part of the LBV fluff heals is that it can proc weapons and trinket. Those aren't trivial heals. The weapons themselves are 3-4k heals in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia
    I simply do not understand how anyone could ignore a Chloro and allow him free reign to Synth another healer. Maybe there is something I am missing here?
    Some people are scared of the health pool. I know for a fact a lot of people ignore me because of my 100k health pool.
    But the main reason why people usually avoid attacking me is because I'm simply too evasive for them to bother with me.
    They don't want to get out of their comfort zone by moving forward or flanking or coming from behind to hit the guy in the back. When I'm taking heat, I simply run back, use Bloom, Resurgence and whatever I have while I'm out of attack range for LBV healing, then quickly run back in range. By that time, players usually already gave up on attacking me because I was out of range from them and they tabbed to someone else already.

Only ones that are left are the less potato players who actually target me because they know I'm the one they need to take down. Those aren't a problem because they can't do enough by themselves to take me down without putting themselves in danger of getting runned over by my team.
    Last edited by Snap; 06-30-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Sword of Telara

I have observed CS ticking 2k veil heals on a target which is not under my Symbiosis or Synthesis too. Not quite sure what the cause is, maybe it's the synth switching?
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-01-2015 at 01:14 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    The 43k heal was from Soul Tether (Battle Rez).
    40k heal would require a Cleric tank with it's CD on top of Unstable Transformation, symbiosis and probably even raid buffs to reach.
    I took a closer look. It is an an-named crit of 402 overlaid on top of a1585 LBV crit that ends with 28... aligned so perfectly at the moment that I paused the video that it looked like a crit of 40285.

[quote]As for the ~4 people getting healed for those 2-2.5k heals, I'm not exactly sure what was exactly going on at that moment, but I did a synth swap and doubled up with Symbiosis on a third target.

Looking at the heals I take myself from LBV, I don't see anything above 800 in crit.
    I'll keep an eye out to see if I there is anything causing LBV to heal my non-synth target for more.[quote]

Looking at my own video, the 2000+ LBV procs last far beyond the point in which any CS cast before a Synth-switch would last. It is possible that there is a small glitch associated with Synth-switching... or it could be something else entirely. I'll keep my eyes open as well.

The most important part of the LBV fluff heals is that it can proc weapons and trinket. Those aren't trivial heals. The weapons themselves are 3-4k heals in PvP.
    My weapon procs ethereal damage and my trinket procs a 5-6k shield alongside 500 or less healing. Most PvP-oriented players will be in the same boat. ;)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast