+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloro Question for Chloros

Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    Let me be the last to exploit a bug... I'd like other players to know that Mages play with integrity. Wits and magic all the way baby!
    I'm not sure what fairy tale you live in, but from what I know.

Mages are mostly evil.
    They are sly and cunning.
    They set devious traps using magic/illusions.
    They lie through their teeth.
    Pretend to require 'magical' ingredients, but really it's just for their stews.

All I know is that from your post, you are very bad at being a mage.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #92
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    I believe the heals from TT hasn't got the pvp reduction. Same with JP from cleric.
    These are both coming soon (I think they're already fixed on PTS, iirc)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    !!!Healpocalypse!!!

First the chloro's, then the rogue and cleric dps.

Houray \o/

This is very good news!
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Sword of Telara

Woohoo, finally!

Any news on the procs?
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-03-2015 at 12:12 PM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post

RIP chloros. If anyone check top 50 healing done this week on eu side, just count how many mages you see
    So I counted them:
    only 5 mage healer on top 50 this week. (10%)
    25 clerics (50%)
    9 warriors
    rest rogue.
    Yes I know it means who has more time to play, but still it shows a tendency. If chloro would be any better more would play it. This is how powerful and popular chloro.

Sprint get a fix as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Gilgad View Post
    I believe the heals from TT hasn't got the pvp reduction. Same with JP from cleric.
    Well then, all I can say is...

Bring back pvp gear with vengeance and valor then it will all be fixed!!
    It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it arrives.

Prophet of Telara

We won't make these changes in a vacuum - don't worry. This crystal bug has been inadvertantly throwing off relative performance metrics since the beginning of Nightmare Tide. The problem is exacerbated in PvP but is present in PvE as well. If fixing the issue causes Chloro (or any other healer benefitting from bugs on similar "Increase all healing by X" effects) to be too weak, we won't hesitate to tune their baseline performance up at the same time.
    If you decide to reduce healing nerf overall through the pvp nerf you would only make group healers too strong. Take a look at the warfront healing from last week for some hints of who would become extremely powerful. Actually I will tell you Liberator and physician. They have pretty much dominated the healing scene in pvp since introduction in SL.

TT/JP pvp healing nerf is also kind of a derp move also. The point of these remaining how it was is so you can actually have self sustainability while increasingly playability without reliance on zerg healers.

I strongly suggest you also look at diffuse as well as it is a 10 sec. god mode in a range spec which is far more OP than both TT and JP if you consider these abilities in a vacuum.

What I consider is a complete over haul of the functionality of each ability. That would be a true fix. Identify how the specs work in pvp in comparison to other range specs and normalize them. If the spec is turret like it would need some additional TTK simply because mobile deficiencies which reduce TTK. If it is a full mobile spec then it would not need abilities that add to TTK because mobility adds to TTK itself. If it is melee it will probably need more TTK than Range etc.

Also, keep in mind it takes me an average of 7 hours to complete my warfront kill weekly! The weekly is the only thing preventing OP heal stacking from being wide spread. Current heal stacking when done right is extremely brain dead and mind numbing game play experience. Bang your head against a brick wall a few times and tell me how pleasant the experience is.. That would be how it is if you tune healing up altogether to compensate for a few heal fixes. Please consider all these things outside the vacuum.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-04-2015 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    If you decide to reduce healing nerf overall through the pvp nerf you would only make group healers too strong. Take a look at the warfront healing from last week for some hints of who would become extremely powerful. Actually I will tell you Liberator and physician. They have pretty much dominated the healing scene in pvp since introduction in SL.

TT/JP pvp healing nerf is also kind of a derp move also. The point of these remaining how it was is so you can actually have self sustainability while increasingly playability without reliance on zerg healers.

I strongly suggest you also look at diffuse as well as it is a 10 sec. god mode in a range spec which is far more OP than both TT and JP if you consider these abilities in a vacuum.

What I consider is a complete over haul of the functionality of each ability. That would be a true fix. Identify how the specs work in pvp in comparison to other range specs and normalize them. If the spec is turret like it would need some additional TTK simply because mobile deficiencies which reduce TTK. If it is a full mobile spec then it would not need abilities that add to TTK because mobility adds to TTK itself. If it is melee it will probably need more TTK than Range etc.

Also, keep in mind it takes me an average of 7 hours to complete my warfront kill weekly! The weekly is the only thing preventing OP heal stacking from being wide spread. Current heal stacking when done right is extremely brain dead and mind numbing game play experience. Bang your head against a brick wall a few times and tell me how pleasant the experience is.. That would be how it is if you tune healing up altogether to compensate for a few heal fixes. Please consider all these things outside the vacuum.
    i have no idea what any of this is

nerfing/fixing chlro is making other healers stronger? what
    the change is only affecting chlro i've no idea what your going on about.

every single heal in the game no matter how big or small is affected by pvp reductions except for tt/jp, yeah no they need to be fixed.

really you want to nerf difuse? pretty sure thats all ranger has as far as defense, a strong cd sure but ranger is not a soul anyone would really consider dangerous.

7 hours to complete your kills weekly? that sounds like a personal issue. also it is a weekly i mean c'mon.

Default Defiler in PvP

Great. While you're at it, can you "fix" Defiler's Unstable Transformation (UT) and overpowered links in pvp? In my opinion "invincibility (UT)" should not be in PvP. You can nerf healing crippling most healing specs, but having extremely powerful mitigation links and immortality has to be on the top 5 most broken things in Rift pvp (I'll save arbiter/dominators and Void Knight/Beastmaster hybrids for another day).

Pair a defiler and puri together in a small scale (or large scale if the WF doesn't fill up) environment and you have extremely high amounts of mitigation and plenty of "oh s***" CDs. However this doesn't only extend to small scale WFs, it applies directly to large scale pvp (>10 for my case). I almost never formed a CQ PM without a Defiler and Puri.

I don't understand how UT has been functioning in PvP for so long without seeing a nerf/change, increased cooldown timer or something.. TTK is pretty long and between the cross healing that can happen, having a 1min invincibility button is not fun for the opposing team. Literally a whole team focusing the target under UT cannot get anywhere near killing it - this is not right.

We are seeing incoming nerfs/changes/fixes (whatever you want to call it) to TT, JP. Prior nerfs to specs or abilities that aren't nearly as bad as Defiler have been made numerous times in the past. For example: shifting blades, SL 61 WL, Tempest, Riftblade, NB/RS, MM crystal, Warden HOT stacking restriction, pyro/dom,.. etc - the list goes on. Tbh and straight forward, I wasn't playing Rift for most of these listed, but I've been well informed and have watched Rift PvP videos from the past with some of these. My point is that nothing ruins a WF (PvP) more than extremely powerful Defiler mitigation links on the opposing premade and having invincibility mode (UT). If you have a high elo, you're always put against a premade team (if operating at the time) and run into this quite frequently.

If a defiler took some % of that damage from links it wouldn't be so bad because you can actually hurt that defiler by targeting the DPS with the mitigation link while the Defiler hides on the other side of the map (antechamber for example) waiting to swoosh in like superman ready to save the day.

So.. not only does Defiler have invincibility mode and extremely powerful mitigation links. It has great burst INSTANT heals (why does this soul not have any casting like a phys or puri?). A dom can't shut down a defiler as easily as other healers. A beastmaster or better yet a Void Knight Beastmaster is the only thing that can really cripple a defiler with spam purges, but that is stepping into the realm of cancer specs - which is exactly what Defiler is in PvP - Cancer.

I'm glad to see you're making changes to TT and JP because they are broken, and I abuse TT more than any other rogue on the game. Now please fix Unstable Transformation and potent mitigation links in PvP while you're in the zone of making changes to abilities and CQ.

All I'm asking for is some balance. Thank you.

PS: When NT was released and healing became less effective, were Defiler links or UT nerfed/changed in anyway?

- Lotusss@Hailol
    Last edited by Lotusss; 07-04-2015 at 02:16 AM.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    i have no idea.
    Not doing anything wrong. Average is about 7 hours. I know this because when I calculated this with waiting time it came up to 420 mins. or roughly 24 kills every 10mins. I solo 99% of the time. It can take from 35-40 warfronts to complete weekly. And waiting time for all the warfronts is roughly 1 hour time wasted. 20 mins for port scion to pop 2x this week for instance. So yeah.. no I am not doing anything wrong.. Ohh and by the way it is average to about 3 kills per min. It takes semi experienced raiders around 2 hours max for all of MS. And experienced raiders less that that! It took the last pug HK I did a little over 1 hour for the first four bosses in HK. They were 5/11 HK group.

The PvP weeklies are a huge time sink and very unrewarding if you look at it from this perspective. CQ kills is a time sink as well. If CQ is not active when I log in I won't be doing it for that day most likely.
    Last edited by Planetx; 07-04-2015 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    i have no idea what any of this is

nerfing/fixing chlro is making other healers stronger? what
    the change is only affecting chlro i've no idea what your going on about.

every single heal in the game no matter how big or small is affected by pvp reductions except for tt/jp, yeah no they need to be fixed.

really you want to nerf difuse? pretty sure thats all ranger has as far as defense, a strong cd sure but ranger is not a soul anyone would really consider dangerous.

7 hours to complete your kills weekly? that sounds like a personal issue. also it is a weekly i mean c'mon.
    Technically some heals are reduced more than others and some damage abilities are reduced more than others so I kind of agree that an overhaul is a much better fix to the abilities. Evaluating TTK is great way to balance pvp and get melee back to where it should be. This won't effect pve too much as well.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 07-04-2015 at 03:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotusss View Post
    and plenty of "oh s***"

- Lotusss@Hailol
    Relax, I'm sure they will account for your observations with the appropriate data.

I call them blowdown's btw, not cd's. meh frivalous comment.

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    No, he is utterly wrong.
    Pain armor is downright broken.
    Transmogrify reward bad players for being bad.
    Priest's Lament and Arresting Presence are ******ed OP.
    Haunting Pain is the stupidest thing ever made..
    - Pain Armor is fine. Running out of mana beating on that Dominator all day? No problem, in combat mana regeneration will fix that in no time. Mana potion(s) are also an option but usually not necessary in a warfront environment.

- Transmogrify is an important Dominator ability. It doesn't reward bad players. Bad results reward bad players.

- Priest's Lament and Arresting Presence: Instant cast dispels will address this issue -and- heal/shield the target -and- dispel another debuff in 3 seconds with mastery. All in one global cool down. Oh, and it's instant and spamable so you can run away while casting and still find time to type /lol. Panacea is another option, correct?

Panacea
    Consumable
    Use: Removes all Poison, Disease, and Curse effects.
    Item Level 52
    Requires Level 50

- That Dominator used Haunting Pain! To cover her debuffs! And it's stupid! Consider:

Cleric - Full cleanse - Sterilize
    Rogue - Full cleanse - Cleanse Soul
    Warrior - Full cleanse - Shadow Warp
    Mage - .... Panacea? Or just spam instant dispels.
    Moving around to remove a stack of Haunting Pain.

Dominator is good but it isn't amazing or overpowered. It dies easily and has a higher learning curve. The dying part wouldn't be so bad if Dom could do to the opposing player's mana/energy what they do to the Dominator's health. /hattip to V1rul3n7 for making a lot of good points.
    Last edited by Riftologist; 07-04-2015 at 07:24 AM.
    Who is John Galt?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast