+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Like Tree95Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloro Question for Chloros

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    18k was a bit high actually. i had ~17965 in tb but forgot im geared around my bolstered helm/wand.

http://i.imgur.com/iupTOMy.jpg

feast+vial+powerstone in sent.
    Yeah i have quite a few bolstered pieces so my SP is a little less it seems. http://i.imgur.com/YfDuv7J.jpg?1 No vial/feast, should put me around 17600sp. The crit i get from t2 pieces in nice for shaman though

Quote Originally Posted by kronor View Post
    He said 20k healing invocations,
    I clearly said "with just one healing invocation cast." that include all of the extras. Zehne covered it in his posts.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63
    Rift Team

We won't make these changes in a vacuum - don't worry. This crystal bug has been inadvertantly throwing off relative performance metrics since the beginning of Nightmare Tide. The problem is exacerbated in PvP but is present in PvE as well. If fixing the issue causes Chloro (or any other healer benefitting from bugs on similar "Increase all healing by X" effects) to be too weak, we won't hesitate to tune their baseline performance up at the same time.

So chloro gets fixed, can we get self-synth finally? For compensation? Or what the excuse now? So we lose our saviour heal-power but what left for us?
    Or its just bug fix and chloros left in a miserable state in pvp? No doubt chloro became the worst healer in pvp.

Natural healing should be instant if talented and with living aegis we should be able to use synthesis or symbiosis.

Max invocation what I ever seen is ~18K. (plus additions)

So ****ing annoying puri, reaver untouchable for months chloro get fixed within few days.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

hilarious all it took was one thread to get a dev to come fix/nerf chlro, i mean it was just so damn op, the endless threads of op mage heals.

meanwhile reaver dots keeping people in combat forever with a bunch of threads made for a fix and still nothing.

yeah go ahead and tell me mages dont have the devs jumping to nerf anything, yet a 1 percent buff takes a whole month.

this and how harb is looking for pvp pretty much made me lose faith in this dev actually doing anything for mages in pvp. i wish we could get a dev that pvps that would be the day.

well i know of something else broken in mage for pvp, its very specific but im gonna keep that to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    We won't make these changes in a vacuum - don't worry. This crystal bug has been inadvertantly throwing off relative performance metrics since the beginning of Nightmare Tide. The problem is exacerbated in PvP but is present in PvE as well. If fixing the issue causes Chloro (or any other healer benefitting from bugs on similar "Increase all healing by X" effects) to be too weak, we won't hesitate to tune their baseline performance up at the same time.
    Thank you.
    I wasn't expecting a vacuum considering the fact you said it was going to be on PTS first, but I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Sword of Telara

If just the synthswap bug was fixed I wouldn't feel so bad about playing chloro again. On maps like whitefall where there are multiple targets it'd do so much healing that it'd make LGV look pathetic.

The 2k crystal is absolutely required to heal anything at the moment though.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by zasen View Post
    hilarious all it took was one thread to get a dev to come fix/nerf chlro, i mean it was just so damn op, the endless threads of op mage heals.

meanwhile reaver dots keeping people in combat forever with a bunch of threads made for a fix and still nothing.

yeah go ahead and tell me mages dont have the devs jumping to nerf anything, yet a 1 percent buff takes a whole month.

this and how harb is looking for pvp pretty much made me lose faith in this dev actually doing anything for mages in pvp. i wish we could get a dev that pvps that would be the day.

well i know of something else broken in mage for pvp, its very specific but im gonna keep that to myself.
    This is it.
    Who complained about "OP" chloro ever? All players with brain killed the chloro first, problem solved. While we read complain about reaver every ****ing day since months and nothing fixed. Shielding and range makes pvp miserable, and what we got: fix for chloro. While the most important bugs still neglected. Bugs what we have since years.

I ASK FROM THE DEV WHEN WILL BE TWILIGHT TRANSENDENCE FIXED????
    IS TRANSFERENCE ALREADY FIXED? WHEN WAS THAT REPORTED? MONTHS AGO!

I think better if I stay away before I got an infraction.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Telaran

Default It s kind of funny

It is really funny how quick devs like to nerf mages but leave everything else broken.

Also what's the synthswap bug ?
    Last edited by nitharsan; 07-03-2015 at 01:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by nitharsan View Post
    It is really funny how quick devs like to nerf mages but leave everything else broken.

Put synth on x
    Put synth on y

If synth = y, LBV life ability fluff heals heal as if synth is on x + everyone else you have previously synthed. So instead of VL/CS/Ruin fluff heals healing 500 from LBV splash, its 2k.

http://i.imgur.com/ZNN4cW4.jpg

I put synth on hellden sometime during this wf, told him to take his veil off because he was dying fast, as soon as he took his veil off (he's on the left and you can see him say it in chat), he gets like 10k heal within the span of a second by LBV fluff heals by life abilities, same with everyone receiving 2k heals in the picture because I had previously synthed them before sometime during the WF.
    Last edited by Gilgad; 07-03-2015 at 01:51 AM.

Sword of Telara

I don't know how people are thinking that this is a nerf. Chloro is really, really broken right now. I flatly refuse to play it in WFs now because I know how broken synthswap is, it's completely spoiled the enjoyment I used to get from chloro.

Synthswap bug is simple: the savant crystal continues giving the 2k healing to people per LBV life damage tick even after you take synth off them. So you can drop synth on every raid member once, blow CS, and the DoT part will do a 2k veil heal per enemy hit on each raid member you've ever had synth on, up to the usual 5 of LBV.

And it doesn't scale with SP at all. CS alone with the synthswap bug probably outheals most ST healers on up to 5 allies at once if there are multiple targets. And in the other 7 GCDs between CS applications you're free to do normal synth healing stuff, but all your life abilities will proc 2k veil ticks on all the synthbugged raid members too.

25k-30k hps in warfronts is quite a possibility if you start putting synth on everyone before the match starts. THAT is broken well beyond anything that other needing-nerf souls like reaver can do: this needs fixing first.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    25k-30k hps in warfronts is quite a possibility if you start putting synth on everyone before the match starts. THAT is broken well beyond anything that other needing-nerf souls like reaver can do: this needs fixing first.
    I dunno... It's still less healing than what a Reaver can reduce with their 30% debuff.

But yeah, the synthswap bug need to get fixed. The non reduced crystal fix should stay on the PTS for now.
    Last edited by Snap; 07-03-2015 at 02:03 AM.

Judging from what happens:
    There is probably a hidden buff that is applied to the target of the mages sythesis(or something along those lines) that occurs when the healing synergy crystal is used.

When a mage synths a different target, the synth is removed from the old target, and goes on the new on(and applies this hidden buff or w/e)

Whenever the old target takes a lbv heal from the mage, the hidden buff(or w/e) applies the crystals healing bonus to it.

So, in this manner, a chloro can synth swap to everyone on their team before a match starts (and prime them all to receive significantly more healing from their splash lbv heals)

How this actually occurs(and my guess is a hidden buff that is tied to the synth/the crystal) is unknown.

But what is known, is that synthing a target(as chloro's normally do) is what causes it.

So, while a good chloro should normally synth swap to heal in PvP, purposefully 'abusing' the bug consists of swapping synthesis as much as possible to allies when not actively heavy healing in order to amplify the heals significantly.

So it's the 'synth swap bug' because you swap your synth around to use it.

Up to this point good chloro's would use this unknowingly since it's only natural to do it throughout the course of a PvP match.

But now they can maximize it's benefits knowingly (at least until it is nerfed).

Why, though do reavers exist when there are pages showing how flawed they are, when chloro's (the most under-effective PvP healers) only need a single Question in a single thread to get blown to smithereens?

Yes chloro synergy crystal has been around longer than reaver, but it's the identify->fix time that is so appalling.

But I guess PvP forums are just like Warfronts.
    Everyone is quick to tab target the chloro and send them to hell.
    Last edited by Zehne; 07-03-2015 at 02:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    I don't know how people are thinking that this is a nerf. Chloro is really, really broken right now. I flatly refuse to play it in WFs now because I know how broken synthswap is, it's completely spoiled the enjoyment I used to get from chloro.

Tweaking reaver a fix or nerf? (if ever )

RIP chloros. If anyone check top 50 healing done this week on eu side, just count how many mages you see

I have something to add:
    There is only 5-10 mages on whole EU who able and willing to synthswap at all. Rest is sitting in aoe heal all the times, no matter what's happening. Really big deal While hundreds of warrior play reaver. Can we compare the 2 side-effects really? Fix will only punish the good chloros, and un-affect the baddies.
    Last edited by Kartia; 07-03-2015 at 02:25 AM. Reason: add

Telaran

Default Alright

So synthswap is the bug allowing for 2k ticks on everyone while snergy crystal bug is the 1500 buff not being reduced.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast