+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 170
Like Tree95Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Chloro Question for Chloros

  1. #31
    Sword of Telara
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Do I keep on playing and abuse a bug ?
    Like, how can I feel good about myself knowing this while pvping ?
    Do I stop playing this game ?
    Exact same problem here.

    Just playing pyro/warlock for the time being, depending on map/situations. The fact that warlock lets you blow off so much of somebody's health instantly without them being able to stop you (besides cleanse-alls) is still rather attractive.

    Maybe it's time to pick up the dominator again?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    We know this bug exists, but have decided that chloro weaknesses should be coupled with strengths that equal there weaknesses.
    The only way to do anything about the ridiculous healing output at the moment is to focus the chloro. But the healing is just too much to accept even that as a weakness...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    What's funny is that while all of us chloros are feeling bad about this and want it fixed, most of the warriors are defending Reaver.
    Living Aegis: Your next single target damaging ability causes your target and 7 additional enemies to deal 15% less damage for 15s. Your next single target heal causes your target and 7 additional party or raid members to recieve 15% less damage for 15s. CD should be what, 5 seconds?
    Last edited by Foolio; 07-02-2015 at 12:33 AM.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

  2. #32
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    2,357

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    Do I keep on playing and abuse a bug ?
    Like, how can I feel good about myself knowing this while pvping ?
    Do I stop playing this game ?

    A Dev really needs to step up and proclaim, we know this bug exist and are working on a fix.
    -or-
    We know this bug exists, but have decided that chloro weaknesses should be coupled with strengths that equal there weaknesses.
    Lol, now I'm starting to feel bad for having raised the issue in the first place.

    I will tell you what I will do: I will test this myself once or twice to confirm, and then play as I have always played: Synth whoever needs it without needless Synth switching. I am aware of the bug, but need not actively abuse it in order to succeed.

    I'm leaving for a vacation (absolutely no Rift for me for 11 or so days) in 36 hours or so anyway, so maybe the bug will have been addressed by the time I return to Rift.

    Trion: fix the bug or make it an official feature, and then address Chloro self-healing (adopt Snaps' sensible ideas on the issue). Thx.

  3. #33
    Plane Touched detpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nefelia View Post
    Trion: fix the bug or make it an official feature, and then address Chloro self-healing (adopt Snaps' sensible ideas on the issue). Thx.
    What she said...

  4. #34
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,133

    Default

    http://imgur.com/pFnjxCb

    32 2k+ LBV procs on one screen. DERP.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

  5. #35
    Champion of Telara kronor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    http://imgur.com/pFnjxCb

    32 2k+ LBV procs on one screen. DERP.
    Seems balanced

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    158

    Default

    I think I figured out what caused this, and the next PTS build has a fix for that. If you could test that out when it happens, let us know if the fix works.

    There's another issue here, separate from the Synthesis interaction with the crystal, where static flat value healing increases are not reduced by PvP Healing Reduction. This has always been the case, but it causes a large change in value of different healing abilities and buffs in PvP, as compared to PvE. We're contemplating a potential future change to this policy that would cause flat value changes to be multiplied by the PvP Healing Reduction before they are applied to heals.
    Jeff "Red Hawk" Hamilton
    Senior Systems Designer - Rift

  7. #37
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    i guess the era of the OP pvp chloromancer is finally coming to an end

    rip in peace mage healers
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  8. #38
    Plane Touched detpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    I was going to say something... but I had better not!
    Last edited by detpack; 07-02-2015 at 06:06 PM.

  9. #39
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    I think I figured out what caused this, and the next PTS build has a fix for that. If you could test that out when it happens, let us know if the fix works.

    There's another issue here, separate from the Synthesis interaction with the crystal, where static flat value healing increases are not reduced by PvP Healing Reduction. This has always been the case, but it causes a large change in value of different healing abilities and buffs in PvP, as compared to PvE. We're contemplating a potential future change to this policy that would cause flat value changes to be multiplied by the PvP Healing Reduction before they are applied to heals.
    Thank you for looking into this.
    Unfortunately, this will be the final nail in the Chloro's coffin for PvP if we don't get anything as a trade off for losing both the Synthesis swap bug and the non-reduced crystal heals.

    It may sound selfish, but that crystal bug is the only thing keeping Chloro from being a dead weight in PvP and I'd rather we keep the non-reduced Synthesis crystal heal and only get a fix on the Synthesis Swap.
    Without that crystal, we will be the healers with the less heals in PvP while having the most constraints on top of being the only healer who can't defend itself.

    If you are really going to fix it, please at least give Chloro the major PvP buff it deserve at the same time... Don't kill yet another one of our PvP spec. Most mage already refuse to PvP because they don't want to only have Dominator...
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  10. #40
    Ascendant Gilgad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    1,705

    Default

    Completely with snap on this one. I felt so weak as a chloro even with my gear compared to my mate with less gear and he asked if i had the crystal on, when i put it on everything changed and I actually felt like i could put synth on someone and spend a GCD to heal because the heal would be worth it. If you're going to remove the crystal you would definitely need to make synth have no GCD and be off the GCD at least, the healing increase in PVP from that crystal is astronomical.

  11. #41
    Plane Touched detpack's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    297

    Default

    Snap's ideas in the PVP revamp thread are more than "sensible".

    First they see you in Synth Spy addon and who you're healing... then you're instantly dead without a PM healer when you target someone. It's really that simple. If you doubt this, just roll a Chloro on a Warfront and use Natural Splendor or Void Life and see what happens.

    //Det
    Last edited by detpack; 07-02-2015 at 06:39 PM.

  12. #42
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by detpack View Post
    Snap's ideas in the PVP revamp thread are more than "sensible".

    First they see you in Synth Spy addon and who you're healing... then you're instantly dead without a PM healer when you target someone. It's really that simple. If you doubt this, just roll a Chloro on a Warfront and use Natural Splendor or Void Life and see what happens.

    //Det
    Except that the ideas I mentioned were before we knew about the crystal bug and synth bug.

    Without the crystal, it's not just self heal that we lack... it's healing overall...
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  13. #43
    Rift Disciple Drkirb's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Anyone who think's it's mostly fluff hasn't seen 20k heal crits off of Corrosive spores. My little splash of 200-400 heals per person doesn't come close. Proper use of your on target heals to keep people alive during synth swaps , and a decent backup healer can keep 15 people alive all day.

    Also, for killing power, you want to be utilizing your instant Nature's touch with Phantom Stream or Arcane Manipulation when they're low. Works like a charm.

  14. #44
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drkirb View Post
    Anyone who think's it's mostly fluff hasn't seen 20k heal crits off of Corrosive spores. My little splash of 200-400 heals per person doesn't come close. Proper use of your on target heals to keep people alive during synth swaps , and a decent backup healer can keep 15 people alive all day.

    Also, for killing power, you want to be utilizing your instant Nature's touch with Phantom Stream or Arcane Manipulation when they're low. Works like a charm.
    Yeah, clearly Chloro is too OP. They should nerf all of our heals by 50% on top of fixing those 2 bugs.

    Seriously tho... you think 20k crit heal is impressive?
    A Sentinel do more with just one Healing Invocation cast, they don't need to be in range of the enemies (they don't require enemies to heal in the first place) and they don't have any CD on swapping which target they heal.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  15. #45
    Plane Walker regall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    nvm, at the risk of being interpreted as unproductive, I decided to remove my original post.
    Last edited by regall; 07-02-2015 at 08:07 PM. Reason: backdfoff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts