+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: Conquest.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Linolea View Post
    Fixed - no charge
    The most logical course would indicate a decline in REX sellers, and thus a decline in people buying/selling REX. This would inflate the price. It also indicates a decline in population.

The opposite, which would be illogical since there isn't a new anything coming out or anything to excite anyone/suddenly getting an influx of people and/or current players who suddenly want to casually pay real life money to sell REX for...what? Yea...

I'd use my head.

NT can be summed up in this statement: Any MMO I've played normally brings an influx of players, even temporarily, for a new expansion. Rift was the first MMO I've played that had a mass exodus of players prior to the expansion.

Even the forums saw a huge decline in attendance. There used to be a ton more people debating/adding to topics. It's fairly barren to be honest. I know, I used to have 10x's more haters. Just a fact.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-27-2015 at 10:32 AM.

Default no oath,no win

Trion have made it easy for us this week,if you don't pull oath you don't win

Rift Disciple

The carnage conquest weekly makes no sense, to get it done you need to farm the turrets surrounding the extractors, meaning you need to take extractors as slowly as possible.
    But the basic way to win the game is to take extractors faster than your enemies do so you have more than they do.

The weekly incites to play badly on purpose, it make no sense.
    It should be replaced by something like "your team must take X extractors during conquest games", after all it's the goal of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Koodbool View Post
    The carnage conquest weekly makes no sense, to get it done you need to farm the turrets surrounding the extractors, meaning you need to take extractors as slowly as possible.
    But the basic way to win the game is to take extractors faster than your enemies do so you have more than they do.

The weekly incites to play badly on purpose, it make no sense.
    It should be replaced by something like "your team must take X extractors during conquest games", after all it's the goal of the game.
    nah you just have to get lucky. last week i pugged in and got 1200 kills in one match. the only issue these days with getting kills is that the population is low enough to where one faction can push timer during primetime hours rather than the matches ending on kills like they used to.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    Because the cq's would probably last 5-8 hours and still not hit timer. Then there's the fact that CQ premades don't actually hurt anything. At all.

The one sided-ness of it stems directly from two things. Having a leader, and having people willing to participate. There's usually only twenty people in CQ that want to participate in any manner that could be called cohesion.

Whoever wins the first couple fights usually wins, and it isn't the premades fault, it's the fact that pugs join, see the fights going one way, then leave if they aren't winning.

You want to eliminate CQPMs, you could also tack on "If you que for conquest you are unable to leave for the duration of the match". Otherwise the matches will still be overwhelmingly one sided, and instead of it being over in 15 minutes, it will take 3 hours.
    A few points because your response makes no sense to someone in the prime time Aussie experience.

1) CQ is on perma-PM farm by one squad in Aussie prime time. There is a certain character, who shall remain nameless, who farms several CQs in a row most evenings. If you are not in that PM faction you will lose, every single one. There simply is not the population online to compete with that PM. If you are lucky and join early, you might fluke the PM side (you will know because you won't be in the raid).

2) People saying that isn't broken, simply don't have the same experience or have a vested interest in the status quo (i.e. they are on the PM farm squad). The US prime time experience is entirely different.

3) My understanding, which might be wrong, is that a couple raids can join the same side by manipulating the system. I heard this second hand, so I can't vouch for it. If true, it means there is zero hope for the non PM's in my time zone.

I never said to eliminate PM's. I suggested a fix (which it would be) to limit the number of PM people that can join one team during low-population hours. The way CQ works right now in Aussie prime time is equivalent to having a 20 versus 5 WF. No one in their right mind would suggest that is a GG.

For the reasons above I limit my CQ to Saturday and Sunday mornings as much as I can (i.e. US Fri and Sat night) in the hope of getting CQ's that last a while. I wouldn't do them at all if I didn't need the madness frags. But Trion in their infinite wisdom decided that PvP weeklies are worth three times as much as PvE weeklies, so here we are.

TL/DNR - the Aussie time zone CQ experience is entirely different to the US one. You probably have no idea how broken it is for us.
    Last edited by Linolea; 06-28-2015 at 10:20 PM.
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    The most logical course would indicate a decline in REX sellers, and thus a decline in people buying/selling REX. This would inflate the price. It also indicates a decline in population.
    The point I was making is that prices in normal markets do not inflate because of a decrease in demand. I agree that the population is declining from what I have seen, but supply must be declining even more quickly than demand for prices to inflate. Prices don't go up if demand falls, ceteris paribus.

If I am wrong there are a lot of economics 101 students worthy of a refund for my classes.

On a personal note I am still in the market for REX for patron only, but that is getting a touch O/topic
    De techniek staat voor niets
    **Rift Video Compendium**<---this be old and dates back to alpha

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post

The opposite, which would be illogical since there isn't a new anything coming out or anything to excite anyone/suddenly getting an influx of people and/or current players who suddenly want to casually pay real life money to sell REX for...what? Yea...

I'd use my head.

NT can be summed up in this statement: Any MMO I've played normally brings an influx of players, even temporarily, for a new expansion. Rift was the first MMO I've played that had a mass exodus of players prior to the expansion.

Even the forums saw a huge decline in attendance. There used to be a ton more people debating/adding to topics. It's fairly barren to be honest. I know, I used to have 10x's more haters. Just a fact.
    Did Trion even spend a dime on advertising NT though? I never saw a commercial, or anything other than word of mouth.. but that could just be me.
    Bro do you even Rift?

Quote Originally Posted by Magdaer View Post
    Did Trion even spend a dime on advertising NT though? I never saw a commercial, or anything other than word of mouth.. but that could just be me.
    They did ads on youtube and mmo sites I seen them so far. Only thing there was no hype build up like other mmo build up a hype on a small scale and make it big even it have noting to do with the game.

But anyhow on conquest, I keep warning them take away group queueing befor conquest was turn on, I seen this going happen and it did with the mess, mass leaving, one sided and stack PM groups. The conquest it self can work if there mass about of premade out there but there not very few numbers of them this days, then solo queuer.
    Last edited by Zaber; 06-29-2015 at 08:03 AM.

I'm not sure if the population is sufficient to support this idea, but how about separate CQ's - one made just for premades (pre-made vs pre-made) and another that you join only as individual?

Trion needs to come up with a solution that's fair and gives those who pug a chance to win. As it stands now if you join as a pug during low population time you are guaranteed to get nothing other than wasted time.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Magdaer View Post
    Very little advertising. I'll just chalk that up to one of the list of things done wrong.

In the end though I have to be honest with myself, which I think most people aren't. Trion isn't fully to blame because we all know they have had cutbacks and are probably working with very little staff.

The end result is mechanics/changes that are streamlined and easier on Trion. The changed...lol....weren't made for us. I'm still laughing at people who think the masteries and the gear changes were made for us in mind. They were changes made for the necessity of a lack of workers. Hence why its broken, and things like pvp ceilings and bugged items continue. Players wouldn't, for example, have any gear discussions (right or wrong) if the ceiling was simply dreambreaker with everything above bolstered down to that. Why hasn't this been fixed? Lack of manpower on a massive scale.

Also tells you a lot about the expansion as well...why its a huge grind vs. filled with new and exciting things.

Plane Walker

I needed a win on my warrior yesterday... No one else was forming a late night group so went yolo and it took 4 people to win the game

#ezpz
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    core CQ players do not like "pug stomping " for 2 hours
    Ikr, that's why it's important to stack the best team you can to steamroll over the Ethiopian army leftovers in 5 minutes.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Bluntmaster View Post
    Ikr, that's why it's important to stack the best team you can to steamroll over the Ethiopian army leftovers in 5 minutes.
    Naming my first grandchild after you.

If the HK pm's were "stacking the best team" they would never advertise to fill it in a public channel. It would be stronger to form privately with a vetted group of players. I have never asked for hit, gear, or any other "elite" stat, and have always formed on a first come, first serve basis...based on a raid set up that tends to work well. Even then, I'm usually not that particular...as being able to follow calls is probably the first thing that will help in getting kills/win in cq.

There are certainly specs that do not perform well in a pvp raid set-up...and player who are unable or unwilling to use useful specs will often not be reinvited unless they are willing to change.

Also, I, and the majority of HK players do pug on occasion, and do go in with smaller groups when we feel like doing something different. It has always been a fun feature that this is an option in cq. Having a competent lead is still probably the strongest factor in getting kills/win in a match...and proven leaders will rarely have a problem getting players to follow them. Incompetent or unproven leaders will struggle.

We're happy to test the changes,and we will try to provide feedback. It's still my opinion that the people who have complained all along will continue to complain no matter what changes are brought, and the people who found a way to enjoy cq will continue to find a way to have fun playing the game.

-shenoah@deepwood

I formed a CQ premade during primetime over the weekend..

did so in the public channel
    didn't set any requirements beyond "send me a tell if you want to come"
    didn't ask for any specific specs (though most of the raid sorted themselves out into CQ relevant specs based on what they saw was needed).
    accepted invite suggestions when players already in the raid suggested their guild mates.

farmed near 1k kills and won the match, without any kind of stacking beyond forming up a team of willing players five minutes before the CQ started.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast