+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Pvp Arenas Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    there has already been 5v5s, everyone ran pretty much the same comp and all of the matches were extremely boring
    This is just not true lol
    Catharsiss@Hailol
    Mustacheridez@Hailol
    Zekkenn@Hailol
    <Ominous>

Quote Originally Posted by Kat Head View Post
    It isnt supported, just like Seastone and everything else pvp it is neglected.

This game only has Wfs as end game pvp and nothing else, the logical choice would be to add Ranked Wfs with rewards that were desirable and unobtainable elsewhere. A entire ranked system would need to be implemented.

People complain about the pve crowd being in the wfs derping around for marks, this alleviates that complaint by giving pvpers a place to compete with like minded people. Wfs are a casual activity, ranked wfs would not be viewed the same way.

Just offering a game mode and not supporting it does not work very well. If all rewards were removed from wfs, the que time would go up a ton. How long would it be before wfs were completely ignored the way Ranked Black Garden is ?

Let's be honest here,if people didn't have to grind out their marks (people who say "you don't have to" are clueless) WF's would be semi deserted,in pvp's current state i highly doubt there's many people left who truly do it for fun or real competition.

Quote Originally Posted by Asenturius View Post
    Let's be honest here,if people didn't have to grind out their marks (people who say "you don't have to" are clueless) WF's would be semi deserted,in pvp's current state i highly doubt there's many people left who truly do it for fun or real competition.
    It isnt just pvp though mate, if rewards were removed from raiding (read, loot and marks) the majority of people would abandon raiding.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

It isnt just pvp though mate, if rewards were removed from raiding (read, loot and marks) the majority of people would abandon raiding.
    If you take the loot from any RPG noone but hardcore RPers would play them I guess...
    twitch.tv/seshatar | Twitter: @Seshatar | HoT Discord | Discord: Seshatar#1337

<Skins on Farm> selling 700+ weapon wardrobe skins on [EU] (click for full list)

IGNs: [EU] Volturnus@Gelidra / [NA] Seshatar@Faeblight | RAF: LMPNWLNLPHY2P6QCTWF6

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    If you take the loot from any RPG noone but hardcore RPers would play them I guess...

I wouldnt go that far, there a lot of pvpers and pvers that would continue on without the possibility of lewts. The masses however would not, and someone only needs to look at the unsupported elements of this game to see evidence of this fact.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

Soulwalker

Speaking of gear now, if Trion decided to incorporate arenas and along with it pvp gear, it would bring a whole new world to loots. Keep the current pvp currency, add high stat gear specializing in the main roles (ex. Warrior dps or tank) and just make it better than the raid loot. It would have to be priced highly as it will be "the best" gear in game but it would give a play and reward system to pvp. Also, to avoid it from being possibly too OP in raids and such, make the pvp gear only effective in pvp (or keep it OP cause Trion seems to have more cares about pve in rift). I think this play and reward system will keep the masses, encourage them to do more in game, possibly spend more RL money since playing more and bring in a whole new population of hardcover rpg'ers who want good competitive pvp gameplay.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3