+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Where is your match-making-system Trion

Default Where is your match-making-system Trion

Today I had 3 Karhran Ridges in a row.

1, 0/17 kills after 2 min. (I left this one)
    2, 2/18 kills after 2 min. (we lost after 4:30 min)
    3, 0/11 kills after 1:30 min. (I went offline)

Sorry, but under this circumstances it makes no fun (and sense) to play PvP. I dont have a problem to lose, when I am at least able to collect some kills for my weekly quest. But hey, 2 to 46 kills ... Pls fix your match-making-system.

Match making systems don't lose games, players do.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Match making systems don't lose games, players do.
    I dont blame the bunch of hobby-boxers who be k.o.-ed by the Klitschko brothers and Mike Tyson. I blame the promoter who arranged this fights.

Rift Disciple

i am not a full time pvp player i play play pve and pvp

i literally lose 5-15 matches for every wf i get a chance to win or is a too easy win and no fun

i can spend a ridiculous amount of time to try and complete warfront weeklies

i can change role do objectives kill healers or top dpsers or ppl ccing

but most matches i am teamed on a side with :

A Less players 6 vs 10 or 7 vs 9 etc
    B A team with afkers or ppl who quit after 1 wipe
    C A team where no one else heals
    D A team where no one works as a team or even tries
    E A losing side with 30 seconds to go where its impossible to win

I occasionally queue with friends but we all have or had decent elo and usually does nt help

I have joined a pm or 2 or tried make one it does make a difference but my playtime is nt very regular

Is not worth the time for the stress and rewards gained
    Last edited by Disillusionment; 06-09-2015 at 08:49 AM. Reason: spelling and grammar mistakes

Rift Disciple

i know there is alot of negativity on pvp forums but there is only so much a player can do to increase their chances to win as often as possible so is very frustrating when same situation happens repeatedly where you as a player cannot affect the outcome enough to make any difference.

Ppl will always grumble and moan and perhaps it can t be fixed straightaway but it helps them tremendously if someone listens or responds.

Rather than troll and say you a baddie you suck you a loser and not try to give suggestions or help.

Also when Devs and gms stay silent or say what they have to but not actually give any answers it kind of give s the impression they dont care.

But ppl being rude and abusive about complaints does nt help.

But i can understand why they can get like that after stressful day at work wanting to relax have fun and have these problems and stress in game on top of a bad day.

Matchmaking is probably working perfectly. It is the fault of the potatoes. Don't they wanta be mashed or what.

My current fave is coming into a WF the other day just long enough to hear the music. Yah we had lost 1000-82. Thank you was all I could say. (Not wanting to get banned again). I'd like to see where this happens to PreMades. Stupid damn potatoes anyways!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Sword of Telara

It seems to be pretty clear roughly how the matchmaker works (tries to equalise total ELO on both teams). What would you change?
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

The match-making system is close enough to what it's trying to achieve. To keep players as close as possible to the 50/50.

They try to balance out teams so both of them as equal chances to win.

This causes a couple of problems...
    1. Experienced players have lower win rate than what they should have for their skills.
    2. Unexperienced players have higher win rate than what they should have for their skills.

The current system rewards less experienced players by not letting them get crushed all the time by more experienced players.
    They get placed with more experienced players to carry them.

On top of it, there is more losts per warfront than wins because of leavers and a good premade will go on winning sprees without another good premade to stop them.

This is exactly why you won't see a fully solo player (who has a lot of games played) reach 60% win rate, no matter how good that player can be.
    But you also rarely will see a player with less than 40% win rate unless that player is a quitter himself.

Personally, the biggest problem is that people believe they are always losing when in reality... they aren't.
    Check your win rate. Is it that low?
    Last edited by Snap; 06-09-2015 at 10:33 AM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Rift Disciple

it looks as if ppl who win are punished and lose eventually rewarded and ppl who afk/ or dont try to learn or contribute are rewarded.

eventually i suppose everyone is supposed to have the exact same elo if ppl lose constantly when having high elo or win more with low elo.

it should match players against equal players, not allow ppl to afk and stop placing ppl in wfs with 30 seconds or 5% more points til a win/lose.

trying to balance teams ie give them an overall equal elo per team is nt working and leads to very imbalanced teams both in terms of contributors, skill, gear and numbers of players in wf in alot of my experiences in wfs

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusionment View Post
    it looks as if ppl who win are punished and lose eventually rewarded and ppl who afk/ or dont try to learn or contribute are rewarded.
    This is exactly what happens.

eventually i suppose everyone is supposed to have the exact same elo if ppl lose constantly when having high elo or win more with low elo.
    Not quite. People will lose/win until their ELO reaches a point where they are matched with teams which result in roughly a 50% w/l ratio. So if you're good, that point is higher, if you're terrible that point will be ridiculously low.

it should match players against equal players, not allow ppl to afk and stop placing ppl in wfs with 30 seconds or 5% more points til a win/lose.
    Seaport, though not sure about the 30s/5% bit. I'd far rather be stuck on a team who can't kill anything for 1 minute than an entire game of KR where nobody can destroy anything (seriously, why can't they reduce the team sizes a bit?). Matches which contain only bands of players (as used to be done with prestige) would be nice, too.

trying to balance teams ie give them an overall equal elo per team is nt working and leads to very imbalanced teams both in terms of contributors, skill, gear and numbers of players in wf in alot of my experiences in wfs
    Not always, but when it does happen it's no fun for anyone involved really. Well, I don't particularly find roflstomping that interesting to play, but each to their own, I guess.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Rift Disciple

also i thnk if ppl were losing fairly ie was a good match or they lost because the players they faced worked together but they did nt.

Was n t just a case of 6 v 9 joining a warfront say codex halfway through and other team had well geared players and good dps cc and heals and roflstomped you as soon as you enter having all 4 flags owned and no one on your team doing anything to help.

people are abusive and raging at eachother on your team and the oposition saying rekt etc and laughing at you.

Then i would nt mind losing so much.

yes its pvp ppl wil troll i know

but its not competitive and when ppl you would normally own roflstomp you constantly is kind of annoying and when is 10 wfs in a row even if you change char or take a break is very demoralizing and no fun.

Default Sigh

This is a silly thread .....

If you enjoy pvp ... then pvp wins and losses dont matter pvp for the fun of it

If you hate pvp and are pvp'ing for the marks ... carry on the system will make sure you win >40% of your games over time

If you want to pvp and win run in an optimized / class balanced PM - play well / and win between 60-75% of your matches

Its so simple ... would you complain about entering a NTE solo and not completing it ... most of the player base's IQ is likely lower than the scripted mobs ... then knock another 25% off that IQ becuase they are stoned or drunk ... that said if you want to win on a regular basis you need a strong group.

lol everybody wants to win all the time ... that means all the other people loose all the time ... sheer madness

/thread
    Last edited by Fallse; 06-09-2015 at 03:28 PM.

Soulwalker

Default matchmaking

what I have seen in the unbalanced matches I have played is the losing players having no gear what so ever. they come in with pieces missing and in green armor for majority of their slots. I would say its their own fault for getting steam rolled.
    you only have to spend a week getting geared up before coming into a warfront or conquest. just buy the player made armor, rune it up, run your nme's and nmr's for a week and you will have the gear to be competitive.
    its just pure laziness on their part so I have no sympathy for them.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    This is exactly why you won't see a fully solo player (who has a lot of games played) reach 60% win rate, no matter how good that player can be.
    How many is a lot? I mean I solo 95%, I know it's not pure soloq but it's pretty up there.
    Devaak@Seastone <The Cult> Server First Dreambreaker. Because I am that damn good.
    Nixium the Prestigious@Seastone Mage is hard, lessons plz

Shield of Telara

If it wasn't for the fact that I'm 54% win percentage over 700 matches and just now got up to 221 elo (+100 from where i started) I'd have a little bit more faith in the system. 0221 elo. No thousands there.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast