+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 95
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: off global cooldown 30m debilitates and stuns

  1. #1
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default off global cooldown 30m debilitates and stuns

    can we just remove these from the game entirely? i can't really think of a good reason for these to exist. cc should require a bit of thought and effort, and these require neither.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  2. #2
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    52

    Default

    If you are seriously letting cc control you that long you are playing dumb.. There are plenty of abilities available that allow you to break loose from crowd control.. Least you'll have is BREAK FREE.. others will depend on your soul but pretty much every soul has at least 1 or more abilities other than BF that will stop a stun or debil.

  3. #3
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    If you are seriously letting cc control you that long you are playing dumb.. There are plenty of abilities available that allow you to break loose from crowd control.. Least you'll have is BREAK FREE.. others will depend on your soul but pretty much every soul has at least 1 or more abilities other than BF that will stop a stun or debil.
    thanks for the advice. any more tips?
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Clutter View Post
    If you are seriously letting cc control you that long you are playing dumb.. There are plenty of abilities available that allow you to break loose from crowd control.. Least you'll have is BREAK FREE.. others will depend on your soul but pretty much every soul has at least 1 or more abilities other than BF that will stop a stun or debil.
    Not everyone plays Reaver with its "Get out of jail" card every 20 seconds.
    Last edited by Fopod; 06-01-2015 at 08:55 PM.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    i love my VK interupt that will debilitate on sucesfull int. wait for rever to go viral or f-lame mage to fullisade and suprise them,same goes for healerish classes. those type of CC i strongly support because it requires certain amount of skill in order to achieve the CC.

    however,i do understand your point ecru,but at current game state and amount of cross healling in it,with people tendency to walk in heards id be against any CC reducing what so ever.

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser Xamaron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    382

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    thanks for the advice. any more tips?
    bahahaha obviously doesnt know who ecru is

    The main culprits are the pyro scorch and burning bonds, inquisitor's trepidation, marksman's static shot, and dominator's transmogrify which has always been stupidly broken.

    Just because some cc's are not off global cooldown like pyro and marksman unbreakable root doesnt mean that they are not grossly overpowered
    Last edited by Xamaron; 06-02-2015 at 05:37 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Vs. getting rid if the OGCD id just lower durations across the board to be in line. 8 sec roots become 4, for example.

    The problems melee has is a tricky one, which is where this point of view comes from. While Trion definitely caters crazily to the ranged side, its also no fun when theyve done the opposite and made unstoppable melee that three shots you.

    Shaman already is crazy powerful-it just cant engage/disengage well. Get rid of its obstacles and you have players literally running rampant three shotting people (ok maybe 4-5 **** but thats max).

    Hence why id somply put CC in line with roots, slows, and stun/debilitate durations. Its too widespread. This would help melee engage/disengage better. Not perfect, but its not inescaple melee blowing up your face either with no chance as ranged to kite because you actually cant kite them or you die before you get the chance.

    Also, fix gear differences. Id love normalised gear.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-02-2015 at 08:44 AM.

  8. #8
    Champion Bluntmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Detroit, Michigan
    Posts
    567

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Vs. getting rid if the OGCD id just lower durations across the board to be in line. 8 sec roots become 4, for example.

    The problems melee has is a tricky one, which is where this point of view comes from. While Trion definitely caters crazily to the ranged side, its also no fun when theyve done the opposite and made unstoppable melee that three shots you.

    Shaman already is crazy powerful-it just cant engage/disengage well. Get rid of its obstacles and you have players literally running rampant three shotting people (ok maybe 4-5 **** but thats max).

    Hence why id somply put CC in line with roots, slows, and stun/debilitate durations. Its too widespread. This would help melee engage/disengage better. Not perfect, but its not inescaple melee blowing up your face either with no chance as ranged to kite because you actually cant kite them or you die before you get the chance.

    Also, fix gear differences. Id love normalised gear.
    I agree with this analysis. It's pretty spot on. Getting the ranged snowflakes to accept sacrificing a part of themselves and the advantages they hold in order to make improvements to the game's overall health and enjoyability is another story.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

  9. #9
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    can we just remove these from the game entirely? i can't really think of a good reason for these to exist. cc should require a bit of thought and effort, and these require neither.
    One of RIFT's most known 'trade marks' is "Build The Perfect Class". You basically have to learn how to own the battlefield using the combination of each soul in your class. Don't expect a soul that you like (or comfortable with) has to definitely make you win every PVP match because you think it is good the way you built it. Trial and error is the key, keep resetting and trying until you "Build The Perfect Class".

    "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist" - Pablo Picasso

    Have a good day

  10. #10
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vundo View Post
    One of RIFT's most known 'trade marks' is "Build The Perfect Class". You basically have to learn how to own the battlefield using the combination of each soul in your class. Don't expect a soul that you like (or comfortable with) has to definitely make you win every PVP match because you think it is good the way you built it. Trial and error is the key, keep resetting and trying until you "Build The Perfect Class".

    "Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist" - Pablo Picasso

    Have a good day
    Translation for Ecru:

    Learn Inq so you can go inq in range fests. Play Shaman when you can kill pugs at leisure in 4 globals.

    Honestly, if they "fix" melee I'm already predicting NB, Paragon, Shaman will suddenly be OP because they currently are with gear-they just cant engage/disengage very well currently. NB with gear is already an insta kill, as well as Sin which STILL shows passive poisons as top damage for the most part. Skillz.

    Still funny how the only "really" good players people mention tend to have the T1-T2 gears and I'm not seeing mention of pure pvp geared players.

    Equalize the gear or add vengeance as a tit-for-tat to balance pve to pvp gear of equal level (gated by rank)-adjust CC to be in line to help melee-see how each soul fits now-balance souls. Fun Pvp.

  11. #11
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Translation for Ecru:

    Learn Inq so you can go inq in range fests. Play Shaman when you can kill pugs at leisure in 4 globals.

    Honestly, if they "fix" melee I'm already predicting NB, Paragon, Shaman will suddenly be OP because they currently are with gear-they just cant engage/disengage very well currently. NB with gear is already an insta kill, as well as Sin which STILL shows passive poisons as top damage for the most part. Skillz.

    Still funny how the only "really" good players people mention tend to have the T1-T2 gears and I'm not seeing mention of pure pvp geared players.

    Equalize the gear or add vengeance as a tit-for-tat to balance pve to pvp gear of equal level (gated by rank)-adjust CC to be in line to help melee-see how each soul fits now-balance souls. Fun Pvp.
    Most melee souls don't need any "fixing". That much, I can agree to.
    What needs fixing are the ranged souls.

    Ecru is absolutely correct about the fact that some ranged specs has way too much for little to no lost.

    Specs should be about pros and cons.
    Melee specs all have 1 big weakness they need to deal with... the fact that they are melee.

    Ranged specs shouldn't have more and better at everything than melee when melee have that weakness.

    Reaver is the main culprit here. With absolutely no weakness whatsoever and being above average or downright OP at everything, it's a wonder there are even people defending it.
    Warriors who want to "melee" are defending the abomination that is Reaver.
    Then you have Inquisitor and MM which have barely any weakness themselves.
    At the very least, Pyro has the weakness of being a real glass cannon.

    And don't bring gear into this.

  12. #12
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Translation for Ecru:

    Learn Inq so you can go inq in range fests. Play Shaman when you can kill pugs at leisure in 4 globals.

    Honestly, if they "fix" melee I'm already predicting NB, Paragon, Shaman will suddenly be OP because they currently are with gear-they just cant engage/disengage very well currently. NB with gear is already an insta kill, as well as Sin which STILL shows passive poisons as top damage for the most part. Skillz.

    Still funny how the only "really" good players people mention tend to have the T1-T2 gears and I'm not seeing mention of pure pvp geared players.

    Equalize the gear or add vengeance as a tit-for-tat to balance pve to pvp gear of equal level (gated by rank)-adjust CC to be in line to help melee-see how each soul fits now-balance souls. Fun Pvp.
    I have not mentioned anything about gears in my previous post, I was specifically talking about builds. If we built the perfect scenario of which; all players have the same gear, weapons, runes (corresponding to each respective class); the only way to outcome the enemy is limited to the way you build your class.

    I am not eligible to talk about gears (because my gear sucks), although I do kill players in WFs. When we sometimes join WFs either random or premade; we still hear some comments from healers or others like "where is the dps?" or "my team sucks" because the other team have players that are geared-well to draw a line we can not pass. And I know very well that gears are important, but the gameplay and collaboration of the team is the major factor to flip the tide of the battle (manipulating, backdooring, etc.).

    The OP was talking about stuns and debilitates, so the build you build is the one that makes you withstand the fight, in the perfect scenario of course. I do keep talking about "the perfect scenario" because when you ask to change skills, rather than balancing gears, it is a different story.

    If you are looking for a pure PVP geared player, you can check out 'GrimGaming Rift' on YouTube. He is a good person, and I enjoy his work and content.

  13. #13
    Ascendant butkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,003

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Not everyone plays Reaver with its "Get out of jail" card every 20 seconds.
    was hoping warlord could get some cc-stuns- anything -but i guess its fine right?

    every thread you scream for reaver nerfs then say everything else is balanced,lmfao.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

  14. #14
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Most melee souls don't need any "fixing". That much, I can agree to.
    What needs fixing are the ranged souls.

    Ecru is absolutely correct about the fact that some ranged specs has way too much for little to no lost.

    Specs should be about pros and cons.
    Melee specs all have 1 big weakness they need to deal with... the fact that they are melee.

    Ranged specs shouldn't have more and better at everything than melee when melee have that weakness.

    Reaver is the main culprit here. With absolutely no weakness whatsoever and being above average or downright OP at everything, it's a wonder there are even people defending it.
    Warriors who want to "melee" are defending the abomination that is Reaver.
    Then you have Inquisitor and MM which have barely any weakness themselves.
    At the very least, Pyro has the weakness of being a real glass cannon.

    And don't bring gear into this.
    Honestly Reaver just needs a different mechanic then all its dots on a target/15 seconds. I can also see reducing the healing reduction.

    Easiest fix is to make its actual dot damage in 1/2 (literally they do 50% less damage), buff its main attack to compensate so its an actual clickable attack. Why? Most souls can't cleanse, let alone cleanse that many dots. Making so much damage a given with no counter is an issue, especially /15 seconds. I'd also up it to all dots /30 seconds. Since they are doing more straight clickable damage they wont lose out.

    Gear is always an issue with me since I've competed with the better pvp players for a while. Its impact going from equal gear and the 60-64 levels to 65 raid gear is very evident. I'm more about equality. You can't have different gear pieces and be equal. That is a contradiction in and of itself.

    Oh and I'm not crying for any pyros. In my eyes the other souls just have as OP a soul now is all. Pyro has tons of tools other souls dont, if you build it right, plus already built in flicker for example (which is why its funny people complain about Reavers port that play pyro...lol). Pyro has more break frees then any other soul in game-you cant CC them, and they have the strongest CC's themselves. Check the stun out, debilitate (2 in one soul???), and the duration on an unbreakable root? Easy to burst someone down. The only nemises you now have is someone who can burst you down in the same time frame or someone you can't blow up, rooted in place, from 35 meters away because they can still shoot you. Even then flicker and Ride the Wind if you get in bad spots. MM, Pyro, Inq, Reaver-No difference to me. Each has unfair advantages and the better exploiter wins.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-03-2015 at 10:48 AM.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    was hoping warlord could get some cc-stuns- anything -but i guess its fine right?

    every thread you scream for reaver nerfs then say everything else is balanced,lmfao.
    Incorrect. He implies pyro is underpowered. Trunks does the same thing with anything he plays. LOl he even told me in one post I'm a Warrior White Knight. LOL. Dday HATED me when I was the forerunner, and MOST HATED person on the forums by warriors in general for discussing the issues with the Warlord crystal back when RS was destroying everyone and the procs on the crystal were doing insane damage.

    Though honestly, Reavers dots are an issue. As a healer the smart counter to dots is cleansing. It takes too long to cleanse dots from a Reaver who will just apply them to everyone /15 seconds. This leaves a healer actually doing more cleanses then healing, and removes "smart" play. Removing smart play from the game dumbs down the game.

    I believe they should remove the overall damage from dots, and buff the main attack, leaving the damage the same, just delivered via a different method. This would also lower the cleave value on applying the dots to others. From a Pve perspective this is fine too since Reaver does WAAAY too much dps due to this. I know, my Reaver does as much dps with little to no gear as my 50k dps not even fully expert geared inq. Would be in line with fixing things, yet leaving the Reaver primarily as is with its damage, which is fine. Just not delivered all dot style.

    Warlord is gimp now. It's a decent spec, in a FOTM game. Warlord is good for the 0 point pull.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 06-03-2015 at 10:56 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts