+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: My experience with a fresh 65

Default My experience with a fresh 65

Leveled up a new 65, geared in 3 pieces of relic BoA gear and the rest quest rewards. All necessary PvP skills keybound and macros done. Waited for the busy time of day, and I was ready for some PvP.

When I gave up in frustration, I had made it to a record of:
    3 wins, 12 losses, 1 Tie. 18.8% W/L, and 1412 Elo

My Elo didn't seem to change much at all, which means the Queue thought these teams were fairly evenly matched. Which was ridiculous. We always had lowest dps, lowest heals. The three wins were instant-wins.

Granted it was not 100% a gear issue. Don't think anyone on my teams were using their interrupts, stuns, CC, and always someone doing their minions. But these teams were just not evenly matched. I didn't see any evidence there were any premades, it was just pugs stomping every single team I was ever placed on.

Definitely not the same experience I have on my better geared main of the same class with the higher Elo.

Every match also included someone calling everyone else r#t#rd constantly. Truly I understand the frustration if their experience is similar to mine, I just hope there are no young children playing to be bullied like that.

I am not sure if I should grade the game based on my experience today, but I would give it an F.

Plane Walker

The positive side is that after 500 or so more losses, your ELO should go down to a few hundreds, and then you should start getting a few more competitive teams, at least in theory.

Don't be discouraged. The W/L's will ebb and flow, some days better then others. I was down well below 50% until just recently clawed my way back. Then again, I tend to play all sorts of different specs even though I know they are inferior for the sake of variety and the challenge.

I am in very small minority in this respect. Most people that I see play the same spec at least when dpsing, Warrior:Reaver, Mage:Pyro, Cleric:Inquisitor, Rogue: Marks, over and over and over again. Apparently they never get bored of playing the same thing.

RIFT use to market itself due to the variety of the different souls one could play, but all of that has changed. Now at least where PVP is concerned they throw each calling a FOTM spec and ignore the other souls.

does Trion even read these forums and all the legit complaints about pvp and class souls, wait what am i thinking! must be that temporary madness.

i dont doubt your pvp skill at all but it sounds like you got in some real ****e potato teams, which is not unusual. the only time i keep doing warfronts after 4 or 5 losses is if i am extremely stoned or drunk. My advice would be to either play a faceroll spec (each class has a faceroll pvp specs), group up with some regular pvpers who know how to press their buttons without staring at their keyboards or just uninstall the game and go enjoy the ***** tent.
    Players can now afk their way through warfronts for rewards and trion seems absolutely fine with that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    Leveled up a new 65, geared in 3 pieces of relic BoA gear and the rest quest rewards. All necessary PvP skills keybound and macros done. Waited for the busy time of day, and I was ready for some PvP.

My Elo didn't seem to change much at all, which means the Queue thought these teams were fairly evenly matched. Which was ridiculous. We always had lowest dps, lowest heals. The three wins were instant-wins.

Granted it was not 100% a gear issue. Don't think anyone on my teams were using their interrupts, stuns, CC, and always someone doing their minions. But these teams were just not evenly matched. I didn't see any evidence there were any premades, it was just pugs stomping every single team I was ever placed on.

Definitely not the same experience I have on my better geared main of the same class with the higher Elo.

Every match also included someone calling everyone else r#t#rd constantly. Truly I understand the frustration if their experience is similar to mine, I just hope there are no young children playing to be bullied like that.

I am not sure if I should grade the game based on my experience today, but I would give it an F.
    You must always keep in mind the play style of majority of this game's playerbase....they wont EVER use a CC, Interrupt or Stun to save or help anyone on their team, those CDs are reserved strictly for attempted kills.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Soulwalker

Fresh 65 level character can be competitive.

Here is my warrior (leveled to 65 level 10 days ago):
    http://spectromancer.com/files/estarh/riftwarrior.jpg

Solo queue only, 33 wins 16 losses, +80 elo.
    Server Gelidra (EU).
    Puzzatik mage, Plohish cleric, Napadalkin rogue, Zlodey primalist.

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post

not sure how 1 night is accurate, also while you went 3-12, some fresh 65 put on the other teams went 12-3

also as ive said before being a "good" player doesn't necessarily equate to winning, there is more to winning a WF than just being good at your class. For example I would lose a lot more KR and BG dom maps if i played MM and sat at mid all game, but I go sin and finish with the most caps/defends and usually around 6-2 k/d while i can only imagine some MM on the other team who sat mid all game and went 15-0 is crying about how he lost and elo/matchmaking is broken.
    Last edited by SprawlnBrawl; 06-01-2015 at 04:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xamaron View Post
    My advice would be to either play a faceroll spec (each class has a faceroll pvp specs)...
    you'll get better results with non-faceroll specs when your team is full of potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I finished day two with a record of:

4 wins 22 losses 1 tie, 14.8% and Elo 1319.

I am placed on teams of completely demoralized players tired of losing so they just sit there, completely given up.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you'll get better results with non-faceroll specs when your team is full of potatoes.
    not sure if i understand

Plane Walker

not sure if i understand

The better your team is, the less it matters if you play a competitive PVP spec.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    Don't be discouraged. The W/L's will ebb and flow, some days better then others. I was down well below 50% until just recently clawed my way back.
    It is not about the win/loss ratio. It is about the quality of the PvP.

Whether you win or lose, lopsided matches are boring as all hell. The only people who appreciate those matches are those seeking to get their Daily Warfront Charges and Guns For Hire done and out of the way so they can get back to their non-PvP activities.

Veteran PvP players generally want more competitive matches where the ebb and flow of the battle can shift on a dime based on evolving strategies from both sides. This requires a decent amount of skilled players on both sides.

When you throw in 2-3 good players on each team and fill in the rest with far lesser experienced/skilled players, you end up with very frustrating matches as the skilled players try to lead/motivate/guide/carry their team to victory.

I wouldn't mind having a 75% or better win rate, as it would make it easier to get my Guns For Hire done. But as it currently stands, I don't PvP much anymore once I get my PvP weeklies done. There is just not enough fun in the warfronts as a solo queuer with the current match-making system.

I've had 2 days in a row of mostly competitive games since I stopped random queuing other than the daily.

I only queue wf, codex, bg dom, kr dom, and kr. Whitefall I'll drop if I get 2 crap matches in a row. But at least the others limit the zerging

not sure if i understand
    the potatoes on your team will mostly already be playing the face roll specs (badly), because that was what they were told is good in pvp.

if your team is already failing, running something like pyro or reaver wont actually make any difference.
    what will make a difference is something like dom or VK. depends a lot on the map (and other factors).

eg: a VK can pull a fang carrier in BG over the side wall and out of los of the heals. timed right, the carrier will drop and the VK will pick up the fang before the other team can get to you. a reaver, supported by potatoes, could never drop a carrier and pick up the fang. the VK can do this without the support of the potatoes.

also, any map with flags, a single assassin with a clue will be worth more than ten marksmen.

or you can just join the derp and roll a reaver while you continue to get hammered, both irl and ingame...

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

okay that makes sense but also if my team is full of potatoes and basically useless im just going to go for kills. its funny when i look at the scoreboard at the end and my team is all negative and im on 8-0 with three times the next guys damage. But matches like that dont happen constantly.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast