+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: premades.

Rift Chaser

Default premades.

i used to think that premades were bad, but after tonight's exceptionally bad run, i've come to the conclusion that not only do premades boost morale, they are also effective at helping you get that pesky wins for your weekly, and are indispensable for stopping you from punching your monitor in frustration.

atleast with your premade, you can focus on objectives, get heals, and actually kill people...

Bro. We all know solo-carrying warfronts is where the e-peen is.
    Let's dial down the premade preaching.

(But yes, premades are fun with friends )

Vyrrh is bad

Hasn't been my experience. No one dies in my premade queues. Everyone knows you stack heals, a tank and a dom and trion objectives all night.

Or it's a steamroll which is slightly better I guess.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-29-2015 at 07:36 PM.

I like duel mades. Those extra 3 can often be the threshold for humans worth dealing with.

It's why I can't come back. My man lover Aborticus is gone. And only he understood the depth of my execution to compliment it properly. And likewise.

Just wouldn't be the same.

Premades only suck if your team also sucks. Pre-mades are just another group of people bound to lose if you have a coherent team. Or has Rift reached the point where "coherent teams" is just not a concept worth bringing up because it exists about as much as Fluffy drops?
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I like duel mades. Those extra 3 can often be the threshold for humans worth dealing with.

It's why I can't come back. My man lover Aborticus is gone. And only he understood the depth of my execution to compliment it properly. And likewise.

Just wouldn't be the same.

Premades only suck if your team also sucks. Pre-mades are just another group of people bound to lose if you have a coherent team. Or has Rift reached the point where "coherent teams" is just not a concept worth bringing up because it exists about as much as Fluffy drops?
    doesn't matter if you premade or solo, the bulk of your team will be even worse than useless in the current state of pvp. if you solo or queue with less than a 5man team, it just means even more of your team are licking their monitors trying to eat the paint off the scenery.

the primary benefit of a premade, in these circumstances, is to give you a minimum team with which to actually play a game.
    I don't think you understand just how bad things have gotten in pvp. if they were to fill WF slots with NPCs instead of players you'd get a more effective team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the primary benefit of a premade, in these circumstances, is to give you a minimum team with which to actually play a game.
    I don't think you understand just how bad things have gotten in pvp. if they were to fill WF slots with NPCs instead of players you'd get a more effective team.
    THIS, 100% this. our premades arent OP, we're actually a little bit on the scrub side, pvp-wise.
    we just make sure our team is getting heals, and focus fire people. works wonders against potatoes.

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    THIS, 100% this. our premades arent OP, we're actually a little bit on the scrub side, pvp-wise.
    we just make sure our team is getting heals, and focus fire people. works wonders against potatoes.
    it isn't even the heals or focus fire, it is simply having a few people who are willing, able, and know how to pvp.

the average potato, (most of any given WF team) is not just less than useless, their presence and actions are more often a benefit to the other team than to their own.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Default Best wf's in ages

Last night our 3-4 man pm was in 10 or so wf's, a poster in this thread was duo in a few of those on our team and on the opposing team a few times. Point of the story the wf's were all super fun basically our pm + a duo vs another pm or a few duo's made almost every wf come down to the wire we were probably 6-4 or something like that but they were almsot all very close fun games.

Not to be overly critical but the quality of the average random player in wf's these days is awful, they are either afk, spend the entire wf typing in /wf chat qq'ing about this that or the other thing, or are at best good to soak up some of the enemys dps while you do your thing. My personal favorite is "You are all scrubs so I am going to sit here afk ..." thats in the first 30 seconds of the wf mind you lol

Of course there are some notable exceptional players that run solo all the time ... we know who they are when we see them i just mean on average the caliber of the players in wf's is terrible.

By grouping up with some friends not only do you know you have at least a few reliable people on your team but you will likely get a better match as there will be a pm on the other side too.

Premades aren't the problem. The problem lies in the fact that large guilds who raid form premades which steamroll everyone else without having to truly know how to PVP. Dat gear gap! A gap that USED to be closed with PVP gear vs. PVE gear, by the way. It was a time-honored system.

But, hey, the pros at Trion obviously know more than every other MMO developer across the globe. The numbers back that up. <snicker>

Have fun with your mediocre product. Go get them artifacts.
    Ironnuggets-Erpblight.

Quote Originally Posted by Lloyd Buckley View Post
    Premades aren't the problem. The problem lies in the fact that large guilds who raid form premades which steamroll everyone else without having to truly know how to PVP. Dat gear gap! A gap that USED to be closed with PVP gear vs. PVE gear, by the way. It was a time-honored system.
    I am going to preface this comment by stating that I would much rather have PVP gear than the current unified system.

That being said, you do realize that raid gear that is relic or tier 2 quality is down bolstered to it's own category of "bolstered items," right? Weapon procs do not work and you are not able to use consumables on the items that are bolstered. Tier 2 down bolstered items are the same tier of "bolstered items' as tier 1 relics. So there is really no special gain to use tier 2 epic over tier 1 relics or vice versa.

And because of that there really is no "gear" gap because of how the system works. My alt-warrior has almost all gear earned from Maurader's caches with the exception of maybe 3-4 expert tier items and yet the stats are well within those that have tier 1 raiding gear because of how well I balanced the gear I have earned.

In Liberator, I have 11.5k AP which I think is only 1-2k AP under Nakedstone's [bolstered] raid gear stat in Liberator as well.

The gear isn't going to make you steamroll, it's the players who are in control of that. The reason why some "raiders" are able to steamroll is because they know the specs they're playing and can at least play it more optimally. Not to say that pure PVPers don't know their roles as well, just saying that gear isn't as large of a contribution as you think it is.

But, I do think that there'd be less incentive for raiders to PVP if raid marks did not get rewarded in any of the weeklies. It was the addition of raid marks to PVP that really dumpstered.

tl;dr The current bolster system in place prevents "dat gear gap."

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Yes, yes. Everyone else is wrong. Just because you are one that has benefited from this system doesn't mean it works--even REMOTELY. It's flawed both on principle and when put into action. It detracts from the basic tenets of gaming, which is that people don't want to be railroaded into one form of play.

Oh, and your skill > gear argument has also been proven wrong in almost every venue. There has to be a proximity between gear levels individually AND in groups for this to be the case. When this DOESN'T happen, it's a one-sided affair. This is the dilemma Trion obviously tried to remedy, but instead made it worse.

Look, if you want to think I am wrong, so be it. But I offer as proof Rift's sub numbers and rankings among other games. This game FLEW out of the gates in 2011. Now it ranks lower than SWTOR by gamers.
    Ironnuggets-Erpblight.

That being said, you do realize that raid gear that is relic or tier 2 quality is down bolstered to it's own category of "bolstered items," right?
    that down bolster category is a "higher tier" than dreambreaker, right?
    according to the 3.0 patch notes, this wasn't meant to be the case. but it is.

Weapon procs do not work and you are not able to use consumables on the items that are bolstered. Tier 2 down bolstered items are the same tier of "bolstered items' as tier 1 relics. So there is really no special gain to use tier 2 epic over tier 1 relics or vice versa.
    this is actually a bug, at least as far as the consumables and runes go. presumably this bug will be fixed at some point.

no it doesn't. it actually makes it worse. it is a very large part of the problem.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Hasn't been my experience. No one dies in my premade queues. Everyone knows you stack heals, a tank and a dom and trion objectives all night.

Or it's a steamroll which is slightly better I guess.
    When I manage to kill one player in a PM I know its a PM. 4 people run from BFE to annhilate me suddenly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    that down bolster category is a "higher tier" than dreambreaker, right?
    according to the 3.0 patch notes, this wasn't meant to be the case. but it is.
    It's on par with tier 1 items. Dreambreaker items have low main/secondary stat but high tiertary stat, so there's stat loss there by going w/ those items in general over PVE (despite their whole "gear is gear" crap.)

this is actually a bug, at least as far as the consumables and runes go. presumably this bug will be fixed at some point.
    Yes, I already know this. And guess what, it's almost June 2015. Don't hold your breath.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-31-2015 at 02:36 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast