+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: [Video(s)] Rift PvP - So this is Warlord now?

Default [Video(s)] Rift PvP - So this is Warlord now?

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DRu-Fsk-xg

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ci_QCrA6_Q8

This spec honestly dies way too fast with all the big guns we have in running around attacking from range in wfs now. I honestly think it needs some love.

Edit; I'm using all the mitigation it's got, but she just doesn't shine... at all... in any aspect... maybe a big crit here and there.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-28-2015 at 06:03 PM. Reason: Added stuff

Rift Chaser

maybe if you didnt try to charge solo into a group of 5+ people, you'd have a far easier time surviving long enough to toss a few more shock pulses at the enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    maybe if you didnt try to charge solo into a group of 5+ people, you'd have a far easier time surviving long enough to toss a few more shock pulses at the enemy.
    You are right. 1 v complete enemy team is a bit hard to survive.
    On the other side it takes some time till they get you killed.
    I am the weapon, my daggers are just tools
    Security Warning:This human beeing may use cynicism and sarcasm in a way you are not accustomed to, you might suffer severe mental damage
    Starfall Prophecy ALL Content cleared

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    if im a warlord, i pull in low HP people first. this isnt 2014 where you can facetank with WL because tank gifts... inflexible players, to put it kindly.

Well to be fair you were doing 5v1, 1v1 my warlord wins most of the time. Imo I think if warlord got some more hp , and NPTD was remade better, warlord would be a golden spec.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Study the video a bit more bud, there are no ranged attacks in this spec except flamespear (no shock pulse). I'm a warrior. Warriors are meat shields and are supposed to 5v1 the team so they take the damage and not the rest of their team. Their team should make sure their meat shields stay up. Makes no sense to wear plate armor if I can't get up in the other teams business and last more than 30 seconds. What am I then if not a warrior? Someone standing in the back casting fireballs? That's not fun. That's not how warriors were in the game (they actually had no ranged abilities originally).

Try out warlord other day, it haves the damage, but get target hard it's pretty much over with out all the healers on you.

But I get to much tunnel vision when I play warlord, people run around so much, trying to catch them.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    Study the video a bit more bud, there are no ranged attacks in this spec except flamespear (no shock pulse). I'm a warrior. Warriors are meat shields and are supposed to 5v1 the team so they take the damage and not the rest of their team. Their team should make sure their meat shields stay up. Makes no sense to wear plate armor if I can't get up in the other teams business and last more than 30 seconds. What am I then if not a warrior? Someone standing in the back casting fireballs? That's not fun. That's not how warriors were in the game (they actually had no ranged abilities originally).
    the SP pwart was a joke at certain player(s), who will instantly get the reference.

the warlord is a DPS soul, not a tank one.

as i said, you cant facetank 1v5 anymore. adapt and evolve. remember, the dinos went extinct.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    Well to be fair you were doing 5v1, 1v1 my warlord wins most of the time. Imo I think if warlord got some more hp , and NPTD was remade better, warlord would be a golden spec.
    I agree completely. Because heals are so nerfed you BARELY get back 20% health from NPTD.. and the HP is very very low for a melee spec, even with the base health and armor buff.

I agree completely. Because heals are so nerfed you BARELY get back 20% health from NPTD.. and the HP is very very low for a melee spec, even with the base health and armor buff.

What you might be failing to see here is that even though i'm 5v1ing people, they aren't attacking me right when i jump into the waters. You can tell when just one person starts focusing me... it takes 1 person a few short seconds to kill me... now imagine a well organized team focusing... how long do i last? 2 seconds. Want videos of that? I can provide them... I even had pocket heals and was melted before i could get into melee range with my freaking charge and run speed. Just dead before i could use an ability other than run speed and charge. That's not good for melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Klingensturm View Post
    No it really doesn't take them long to kill me, and i'm not the kind of warrior that wants to stand in the back and get bored casting ranged abilities for hours.

Study the videos a bit more. You can tell that i'm not getting hit when I start attacking, but when 1 or 2 people notice me it's over in a few short seconds. That's not how melee should work because you'll never be able to get into melee range that way.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-29-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    YOUR HEALER FAILED!!!! (Oh wait....wasn't me I hope!)

Ya, you're too squishy like this ;)

If you can't do good with Warlord, then either you need to play something else or you need to adapt.

The spec isn't to blame here. You aren't supposed to charge head first in a group of enemy expecting to get out alive without a competent healer backing you up.
    Warlord is a DPS spec, not a tank.
    Pick your targets, swoop around, isolate the enemy and crush them.

It's amusing how often the enemies ignore their healers in the back line getting pummelled to death by a melee.

And even then, Warlord is nowhere as squishy as you make it sound. It's the most tanky 61 point DPS spec in the game.
    You get a 15% link on top of your PA defend ability making your pocket healer virtually unkillable.
    Last edited by Fopod; 05-29-2015 at 10:34 AM.

play warlord like europe does. (bloodiron europe..not quite in EU..but we hope they accept us by 2035)

like : this (me)
    or like this (SLP)
    or like this (more me)

or play BM..like...you mean it!

Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    play warlord like europe does. (bloodiron europe..not quite in EU..but we hope they accept us by 2035)

like : this (me)
    or like this (SLP)
    or like this (more me)

or play BM..like...you mean it!
    You weren't doing anything that I wasn't doing in my video. The difference with your videos is that you had at least 1 dedicated healer on you at all times. I didn't want that in my videos because it doesn't show how squishy the spec is w/out a dedicated healer. Reaver has better survivability than warlord and it's a ranged spec... so you theoretically should not need the absorption or cloak.. you just have to play smarter. And warlord doesn't even get an absorption shield, yet you had one on you almost constantly (another sign of one or more healers on you). I'm just saying warlord is incomplete in terms of survivability and the fact it is a melee class means it should have a bit more survivability to survive the run to all the ranged players w/out a healer.

Do you really think pride is about nationality?
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-29-2015 at 12:35 PM.

i find it funny you and two other "names" are always in every warrior thread calling for nerfs,or saying broken useless specs are fine.im starting to think you 3 are the same person.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast