+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Why aren't you on Seastone?

Question Why aren't you on Seastone?

Ok. I'm biting for the first time on this issue. Everybody knows Seastone is "dead" and is going to be "closed down" in a month from now. It's been a very common thing to say in-game and on these forums. But why (if you have any type of fun pvping) aren't you on Seastone?

I get the old argument "because pvp flag bugs," and "it makes doing pve instances more trouble." That used to be the case, but it's completely manageable now. The developers have at least put time into that aspect to make the pvp flag absolutely manageable now, so that old argument isn't valid anymore. Reason: If you are in a pvp-safe zone (like your home town) and your pvp flag is coming off, you can mentor to instantly remove yourself from pvp combat mode.

So I ask again: Why aren't you on Seastone? Why aren't you pvping more from a pvp shard if you have any type of fun pvping? I mean you can shard hop off the pvp stuff now by yourself... so that's another argument that isn't valid anymore. It's so strange seeing people I see all the time in game that's doing more pvp than me from a pve shard.

Best analogy i've heard on this topic: It's like choosing between two swimming pools -- one with a water slide and one w/out... And you guys choose the one w/out the water slide!? What's up with that logic? Why aren't more of you guys (that i've played with and have had tons of fun pvping with) on Seastone!? What are your reasons?

Edit: http://i.imgur.com/19209Gb.gif
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-29-2015 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Bad at grammars

Because Seastone is worst stone...Bring the hate.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 05-28-2015 at 04:48 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

The issues why Seastone is junk is at the bottom of a large house of cards. It's not just, oh flip this trigger and things will be jolly!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Was gonna answer and changed my mind.
    Last edited by Samuraiko; 05-28-2015 at 04:55 PM.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Well if they would give a reason to be play on that shard, I would return in a instant. The PVP flag still is problematic. They have not ironed out all the kinks.

With all the Nightmare rifts and zone events happening on other servers, it just didn't make sense to stay on Seastone. The majority of your time seemed to be spent on other shards, so what was the point.

If they brought back PVP quests or gave some kind of meaningful objective to accomplish on the PVP shard, you would see players coming back in droves. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be strategy that RIFT wants to pursue.

Its going to be a sad day indeed when Seastone closes down. I personally hate instanced PVP. Hate it with a passion. This is why Guild Wars 2 has zero appeal to me. I prefer spontaneous, objective driven Realm vs Realm PVP. I am willing to accept all the negative consequences that follows from it, ie; spawn camping etc. The beauty of world Realm vs Realm PVP, is that if you have an equal number of players on each faction, is that the players can solve their own problems.

For Realm vs Realm PVP to really work though, you need three factions. Two will never work. In RIFT, at present, we do not even have two factions anymore. Any distinction is purely superficial.
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 05-28-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    Well if they would give a reason to be play on that shard, I would return in a instant. The PVP flag still is problematic. They have not ironed out all the kinks.

With all the Nightmare rifts and zone events happening on other servers, it just didn't make sense to stay on Seastone. The majority of your time seemed to be spent on other shards, so what was the point.

If they brought back PVP quests or gave some kind of meaningful objective to accomplish on the PVP shard, you would see players coming back in droves. Unfortunately, that does not seem to be strategy that RIFT wants to pursue.

Its going to be a sad day indeed when Seastone closes down. I personally hate instanced PVP. Hate it with a passion. This is why Guild Wars 2 has zero appeal to me. I prefer spontaneous, objective driven Realm vs Realm PVP. I am willing to accept all the negative consequences that follows from it, ie; spawn camping etc. The beauty of world Realm vs Realm PVP, is that if you have an equal number of players on each faction, is that the players can solve their own problems.

For Realm vs Realm PVP to really work though, you need three factions. Two will never work. In RIFT, at present, we do not even have two factions anymore. Any distinction is purely superficial.
    For about 10 years I never played on anything but pvp servers. It's still my preference but I just haven't found anyone on Seastone (ie guilds) that seem worth joining and the whole reason I play on pvp servers is to kill people who are questing and raiding opposing faction towns, but when no one is on from the opposing faction it gets kind of dull. So I guess it's the people.

I havent been on Seastone in a while, is there a good pvp guild, with cool players and people that like real, actual pvp (not conquest)?
    Unrated -- Now show me on this doll where the mean rogue touched you.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    Ok. I'm biting for the first time on this issue. Everybody knows Seastone is "dead" and is going to be "closed down" in a month from now. It's been a very common thing to say in-game and on these forums. But why (if you have any type of fun pvping) aren't you on Seastone?

I get the old argument "because pvp flag bugs," and "it makes doing pve instances more trouble." That used to be the case, but it's completely manageable now. The developers have at least put time into that aspect to make the pvp flag absolutely manageable now, so that old argument isn't valid anymore. Reason: If you are in a pvp-safe zone (like your home town) and your pvp flag is coming off, you can mentor to instantly remove yourself from pvp combat mode.

So I ask again: Why aren't you on Seastone? Why aren't you pvping more from a pvp shard if you have any type of fun pvping? I mean you can shard hop off the pvp stuff now by yourself... so that's another argument that isn't valid anymore. It's so strange seeing people I see all the time in game that's doing more pvp than me from a pve shard.

Best analogy i've heard on this topic: It's like choosing between two swimming pools -- one with a water slide and one w/out... And you guys choose the one w/out the water slide!? What's up with that logic? Why aren't more of you guys (that i've played with and have had tons of fun pvping with) on Seastone!? What are your reasons?
    In general why do people don't want to be in Seastone. It is because being in a pvp shard it is less obligated for the players to do some of the main weekly quest and dailies due to getting killed in openworld. Yes, you can turn off being flag pvp from a safe zone ,but the majority of the players don't want to wait for the 4min buff. Another reason is because the players don't feel like it is beneficial to their progression in a pvp shard. Ever since valor and vengence was remove trion introduced "Gear" to rift. It was likely that they wanted players to engage in the pve aspect and that was the game changer they were planning in rift.

When players were doing quest in pve and pvp they felt that the progression of their gear got better. And you know players these day they like to get ahead. It is sad that players don't participate in Seastone but its because they felt that it is unneccesary to be in a shard that will have less progression in their gear etc compare to other pve shard. And another reason well....maybe it's a dumb reason but it's because they just don't care anymore since pvp stat left.

Xgame@deepwood

Title known as: Xgame The Legendary Rogue

For me the answer is simple - I don't want to always be flagged for PvP when I am questing, doing events, etc... If I want to PvP fine but, if I don't I don't want some jerk attacking me just because it's a PvP shard so, I don't play there.
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

zero risk vs reward

Quote Originally Posted by Emanresu View Post
    For about 10 years I never played on anything but pvp servers. It's still my preference but I just haven't found anyone on Seastone (ie guilds) that seem worth joining and the whole reason I play on pvp servers is to kill people who are questing and raiding opposing faction towns, but when no one is on from the opposing faction it gets kind of dull. So I guess it's the people.

I havent been on Seastone in a while, is there a good pvp guild, with cool players and people that like real, actual pvp (not conquest)?
    I like your answer. One thing that's help to make Seastone were some of the people. (i.e. guardians ganking lowbies in crafting zones that are just trying to craft). I get it point if you do it once or twice, but when you sit there for 8 hours a day and rack up over 300 open world kills in a week w/out having been in any open world battles with multiple players... it's just sad. it's the same logic behind throwing a freshly caught fish back into the water... Preserve the population, but a lot of people didn't understand that.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    For me the answer is simple - I don't want to always be flagged for PvP when I am questing, doing events, etc... If I want to PvP fine but, if I don't I don't want some jerk attacking me just because it's a PvP shard so, I don't play there.
    Well my original posts says why this argument is invalid now. Go to your home town, type /pvp (make sure the flag is coming off), then use this macro:

Code:
    mentorlevel 60
    wait 3
    mentorlevel 65
    Boom. Flag is off. Now you can swap to your favorite pve shard and quest w/out risk. Now you can truly realize that you can be on a pvp shard w/out any obligations due to your pvp flag.

A list of pvp-safe zones:
    Meridian (For Defiants)
    Sanctum (For Guardians)
    Lantern Hook? (Is this still safe for us?)
    Tempest Bay (For Both)
    Draumheim (For Both)

Those zones you don't have to worry about auto-flagging for pvp. If trion would make it possible to bind your soul to a dimension... that would be even better and open up lots of pvp-safe zones in the game.

Or you can choose to show how much you care about pvp by playing on a pve shard. It's really your choice. I was just curious as to people's reasons for staying on a pve shard now when the who pvp flag thing is completely manageable.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-28-2015 at 06:15 PM.

As much as I love to pvp... I also love to roleplay and all my friends/guildies are in Faeblight so that is where I now stayed after Necropolis shut down.
    Serale@Faeblight

Quote Originally Posted by Meowy View Post
    As much as I love to pvp... I also love to roleplay and all my friends/guildies are in Faeblight so that is where I now stayed after Necropolis shut down.
    Completely respectable reason. Much better than most the lame excuses I see.

Quote Originally Posted by Jegodin View Post
    Well my original posts says why this argument is invalid now. Go to your home town, type /pvp (make sure the flag is coming off), then use this macro:

Code:
    mentorlevel 60
    wait 3
    mentorlevel 65
    Boom. Flag is off. Now you can swap to your favorite pve shard and quest w/out risk. Or you can choose to show how much you care about pvp by playing on a pve shard. It's really your choice. I was just curious as to people's reasons for staying on a pve shard now when the who pvp flag thing is completely manageable.
    I thought they fixed that, so mentoring wouldn't remove the flag. Either way, I enjoy warfronts, but I don't enjoy open world pvp. There is hardly any to begin with in this game, but when I am doing stuff in open world, I'm working on objectives and really would rather not be interrupted (Sometimes I wish there were no mobs between point a and b to knock me off my mount).
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I thought they fixed that, so mentoring wouldn't remove the flag. Either way, I enjoy warfronts, but I don't enjoy open world pvp. There is hardly any to begin with in this game, but when I am doing stuff in open world, I'm working on objectives and really would rather not be interrupted (Sometimes I wish there were no mobs between point a and b to knock me off my mount).
    Good thing for shard hopping then, eh? If you don't like open world pvp it's fine... on my original analogy you don't have to ride the water slide, you can still swim in the pool though. Look at @Meowy's post. The reason she sticks around faeblight is because she likes role play... Why isn't this the case for players who like pvp even if they don't like the open world stuff? players don't have to be anti-social in their actions and remarks about seastone.
    Last edited by Jegodin; 05-28-2015 at 06:19 PM. Reason: Fixed meowy's name c:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast