+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Relic Gear

Rift Disciple

Default Relic Gear

To Trion:

Can you put an option to downgrade your gear if you already made the mistake to upgrade it to relic for the Frost Keeper bought from the store. Personally i got 4 pieces and except the essence other 3 will be hard to be purchased again or replaced by good equivalents. Of course at the price of losing all the mats and runes invested in upgrading, but at least this will reduce the weeks/months of painful farm.
    The option to replace them with T2 while keeping Expert gear on other slots ain't cool looking, and one of them is the wand from Finric.

This relics bolstered down to random stats are huge pain, in my case i'm losing 2.9% Crit Power and i invested months to get this gear, but i can't enjoy it in PvP, because i thought bolstering down means only losing the stats that you gain for upgrade.

It's been known for quite some time (eg: all of 3.0) that gear over a certain threshold (aka over T1 epic) is down bolstered to a different tier of items.

If you don't want to play with [down] bolstered stats, just use a PVP item to replace that slot. I personally have 9 items that are down bolstered and tbh, I don't really give a ****. Doesn't change much.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-27-2015 at 09:44 AM.

This new system makes me think Calculus might not be that hard at all. Certainly has to make more sense than gearing.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    It's been known for quite some time (eg: all of 3.0) that gear over a certain threshold (aka over T1 epic) is down bolstered to a different tier of items.

If you don't want to play with [down] bolstered stats, just use a PVP item to replace that slot. I personally have 9 items that are down bolstered and tbh, I don't really give a ****. Doesn't change much.
    I thought about that too, but i salvaged already all the PvP drops that i don't need. And why should i keep them anyway, most of them ain't cool. My stats changing completely with the bolstering and i have only 5 relic items (1 is bolstered up, cos it's lower class but no one to tell you in what).

Rift Disciple

Bolstering relic gear working as intended?

1075 hit sitting in Tempest Bay with 3 relic pieces
    625 hit in Conquest with the same gear

Removing the 125 hit chest makes me with 500 hit in Conquest, but removing the relic helm with 150 hit doesn't change the 625 hit. 3x 150 hit relic items for total of 450 hit loss. Nice bolstering to lower tier. (clap)

And i wondered why killing other players with less gear than me suddenly became a problem while "upgrading" my gear. Well calculated, very well.

Yeah, no. Hit is irrelevant in PVP.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by moodkiller View Post
    Bolstering relic gear working as intended?

1075 hit sitting in Tempest Bay with 3 relic pieces
    625 hit in Conquest with the same gear

Removing the 125 hit chest makes me with 500 hit in Conquest, but removing the relic helm with 150 hit doesn't change the 625 hit. 3x 150 hit relic items for total of 450 hit loss. Nice bolstering to lower tier. (clap)

And i wondered why killing other players with less gear than me suddenly became a problem while "upgrading" my gear. Well calculated, very well.
    Hit does not have an impact in PVP. I rasied a similar concern and Daglar confirmed this.

edit - Cup beat me to it
    Last edited by Sencas; 05-28-2015 at 07:44 AM.
    Koz

Rift Disciple

Yeah, no. Hit is irrelevant in PVP.
    Only in words.
    I haven't spent months to see i'm at 625 hit and wondering to what kind of items, with what stats they will decide to turn into.
    Last edited by moodkiller; 05-28-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Rift Disciple

I personally have 9 items that are down bolstered and tbh, I don't really give a ****.
    Yeah, i think i give too much of a fcuk. After whole day of thinking and calculating i came to the solution that i should give less of a fcuk about bolstering.
    Thanks for the replies!

Yeah, i think i give too much of a fcuk. After whole day of thinking and calculating i came to the solution that i should give less of a fcuk about bolstering.
    Thanks for the replies!
    It really does not matter in the end; You either farm extra pieces that aren't bolstered, or you just deal with the pieces that are bolstered.

I'm up to 11 pieces bolstered now. I'm ONLY debating swapping some out because I want to use consumables (chaps, insoles) otherwise.. yeah, don't even stress it.

If you have a good and viable spec, you'll still be doing well even with down bolstered stats.

Rift Disciple

You wont believe what was causing the biggest problem in my stats - a lockbox relic ring that wasn't upgraded. I just upgrade the ring to its max and the stats difference ain't that big anymore. Once upgraded the ring isn't included in bolstered items list anymore (it was bolstered up before that).

You wont believe what was causing the biggest problem in my stats - a lockbox relic ring that wasn't upgraded. I just upgrade the ring to its max and the stats difference ain't that big anymore. Once upgraded the ring isn't included in bolstered items list anymore (it was bolstered up before that).
    Yeah, the easiest way to tell with items is the resist/hit on them. If you have +100 hit on an item, it's going to get bolstered up. If you have an item lower than +392 Resist All, it'll get bolstered up. Same thing with essences, I believe if they're lower than +165 Resist, they'll get bolstered up.

in my case i'm losing 2.9% Crit Power
    surely that is the explanation to your sub par performance in pvp

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by SprawlnBrawl View Post
    surely that is the explanation to your sub par performance in pvp
    Spare me your sarcasm.
    It's huge when the causer is simple ring that can't even give 2.9% by itself. And the ring actually was bolstered up, but my stats was worse with that bolstering. The other items also changed their stats, but as Riane said - it's not that big of a deal. Biggest difference was from the ring so far.

It really does not matter in the end; You either farm extra pieces that aren't bolstered, or you just deal with the pieces that are bolstered.

I'm up to 11 pieces bolstered now. I'm ONLY debating swapping some out because I want to use consumables (chaps, insoles) otherwise.. yeah, don't even stress it.

If you have a good and viable spec, you'll still be doing well even with down bolstered stats.
    I just got T2 pants and they are bolstered down but i *think* the chaps still work. I ran some Codex yesterday and i did not notice when mounting so pretty sure the chaps did work. I will have to test it. The difference is noticeable when i jump on an alt without chaps.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast