+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: who here enjoys pvp?

Rift Disciple

Default who here enjoys pvp?

not gonna make negative comments here,

but who still enjoys pvp in rift?

what role do you play the most enjoyably in pvp if you can choose the role you play and don t need to keep swapping due to a lack of particular roles on your team

what places do you enjoy to pvp? ie wfs, open world or cq or dimensions or just duels?

to what degree do you enjoy pvp in rift?

how often overall do you enjoy pvp in rift?

what do you enjoy?

try just to state what you like or still enjoy rather than to unload any frustration or rage about pvp experiences

(i know that may be hard at times or on a bad day in pvp)

am curious to see where this goes.....

Thanks
    Last edited by Disillusionment; 05-26-2015 at 11:02 AM. Reason: spelling mistake and grammatical error

With all the negative things about pvp surfacing, I've started to figure out what I do like. For maps like Whitefall, Karthan, and Black Garden, I really enjoy healing. I really only do warfronts now unless I join the occasional CQ premade. Premades generally increase your chances of winning, however, I really only prefer them because CQ is much more fun when it's organized and strategized (probably not a word). Overall, I think I still enjoy warfronts and I think there are many that are with me on that. I think it's tough sometimes and people get wrapped up in all the negative stuff. Thanks for the post as well, it'll be nice to see all the positive things pvp still offers all in one place.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

I enjoy pvp here.

Not for the pvp, or the content, but rather because I love the people I play with.

So far I like pvp warfront as long the team some what balance not meaning being op, even if we lose we tryed not being camped.

Conquest forget that don't enjoy that at all.

Open World died for me back in wow days, so I got sick of it so not in to world pvp as like other.

And a few things I have problem in pvp like melee need big help all melee that are true melee spec and some other souls even some range ones, then gear progression is very bad in pvp, is out RNG or very slow rate.
    Last edited by Zaber; 05-26-2015 at 11:20 AM.

I like regular warfronts (not as big on Conquest, really). Admittedly, I *suck* at PvP, but occasionally I do pop in and dash around and TRY to do what I'm supposed to be doing.

I keep wanting to do a sort-of PvP showcase video, something kinda snazzy that briefly shows the various PvP warfronts (Whitefall, Codex, Library, etc), with a bit about the goal (take out the runebearers, grab the fang, blah blah blah). Almost like an 'ad' for PvP because I do think it's kind of neat.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Disciple

actually just thought of 2 things that i do like,

When i get rift rewards from pvp kills or something nice in a marauders cache like a crit power and main stat ear or ring or a relic/epic bounty artifact lol

also when i see chivalry in pvp

for example, someone runs into a situation knowing they will die to save someone or to complete an objective.

When someone who is good at pvp, when you ask them a question or ask about pvp mechanics are friendly and help you, not ignore you or become abusive.

but my best example is when cq is tied and 1 teams farms and and loots but once they have looted actually stop and let other team loot. Is rare as hell but you do find occasionally and it leaves it mark.

so amongst all the trolls there are like you say people who you enjoy playing against or with in the pvp community that make it fun
    Last edited by Disillusionment; 05-26-2015 at 11:28 AM. Reason: typos

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusionment View Post
    not gonna make negative comments here,

but who still enjoys pvp in rift? I do

what role do you play the most enjoyably in pvp if you can choose the role you play and don t need to keep swapping due to a lack of particular roles on your team Warlord, I like melee
    and if I stay in heal range I do ok with it.

what places do you enjoy to pvp? ie wfs, open world or cq or dimensions or just duels?Codex

to what degree do you enjoy pvp in rift? I enjoy it a lot as long as their is minimal outright mean priks.

how often overall do you enjoy pvp in rift? any wf this not a total blowout

what do you enjoy? come wins and even admired a few comeback losses

try just to state what you like or still enjoy rather than to unload any frustration or rage about pvp experiences

(i know that may be hard at times or on a bad day in pvp)

am curious to see where this goes.....

Thanks
    I hope to think pvp will get better as far as new stuff like warfronts or pa attunement path or even a pvp stapler for dimension. Also my answers in dillusionment quotes it didn't turn out the way I had seen that done before
    Last edited by spainiard; 05-26-2015 at 11:48 AM. Reason: add stuff

but who still enjoys pvp in rift?
    I do, so does a lot of people.

what role do you play the most enjoyably in pvp if you can choose the role you play and don t need to keep swapping due to a lack of particular roles on your team
    Mage: Harbinger, Chloromancer, Warlock, Dombiter and Arbiter.
    Warrior: Warlord and Liberator.

what places do you enjoy to pvp? ie wfs, open world or cq or dimensions or just duels?
    Warfronts. More specifically Blighted Antechamber, Codex and Karthan Ridge.

Over 9000 Degree Celcius.

What's the question here?
    "How often do I enjoy PvP in Rift?"
    or
    "Overall do I enjoy PvP in Rift?"

If it's "How often" then "95% of the time" is my answer.
    If it's "Overall" then "Very much" is my answer.

what do you enjoy?
    The self-proclaimed PvPers Tears.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Soulwalker

pvp is fun
    pvp when it full of ******s who run to the middle of each and every map and stand there fighting with no idea of objectives for weekly marks quest is NOT fun

Rift Disciple

Worst type of PvP implemented in a game - ever. If you are not a raider and like to repeat boss mechanics, you just got no place in this otherwise cool looking game. #frustrated

Sorry, but i can't be more constructive than that. I like PvP games, sadly even Rift devs and 3/4 from the community knows Rift ain't PvP welcome game.

And @Snap, you obviously got wrong impression of what PvP must look like - You don't gear like crazy, just to collect orbs in Black Garden like a busy bee or another flower to wear. I appreciate your sensitive feelings, but let's be honest about what most players want from pvp - kill another players.

Quote Originally Posted by spainiard View Post
    I hope to think pvp will get better as far as new stuff like warfronts or pa attunement path or even a pvp stapler for dimension. Also my answers in dillusionment quotes it didn't turn out the way I had seen that done before
    Yeah, and the best thing since 3.0 came out is the Wardrobe improvement which i personally enjoy the most from all patches and hotfixes released since then. This aspect of the game improves my skill level in PvP and raids a lot. Why there can't be good changes and improvements in PvP too like they did with wardrobe? Everyday tons of threads in PvP forums, yet months passed and nothing changes for the better. Lately i use the game to waste some time chatting with people and wasting some time there and in forums while watching people i know and from my friend list quitting the game one by one.

P.s. My post may seem harsh to some people, but it's not far from the truth, and obviously good suggestions of people can't be heard anyways, reading tons of threads everyday with suggestions, suggestions and more suggestions, with no results in game.
    Last edited by moodkiller; 05-26-2015 at 01:17 PM.

Rift Disciple

Oh, and the game itself is turning into a leeching parade. Whoever can leech without 0 effort is more than welcome. If i could win a single warfront without being in the top 3 dps kills and dmg wise, while capping flags or wearing vessels (and preventing their team) like mad man and typing /rw commands in chat meanwhile to navigate my team to win, while playing one of the worst pvp souls (pyro) with mostly nte+pvp drops and trying to survive with incompetent healers who always run away from the party alone to die and let me in 1v2 and 1v3 situations which i must win in order to get a simple win i would rather just sit my butt around and leech too.

• who still enjoys pvp in rift?
      -- I do to a certain extent.

• what role do you play the most enjoyably in pvp
      -- Defiler, Liberator, and Dominator

• what places do you enjoy to pvp? ie wfs, open world or cq or dimensions or just duels?
      -- Warfronts. CQ is an abomination (especially Steppes.)

• to what degree do you enjoy pvp in rift?
      -- 350F

• how often overall do you enjoy pvp in rift?
      -- So long as I'm not getting trolled by a 2x Dom PM

• what do you enjoy?
      -- Running around the Statue in codex and watching DPs chase me

• try just to state what you like or still enjoy rather than to unload any frustration or rage about pvp experiences
      -- Idk pvping with friends

Last edited by Riane; 05-26-2015 at 01:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by moodkiller View Post
    And @Snap, you obviously got wrong impression of what PvP must look like - You don't gear like crazy, just to collect orbs in Black Garden like a busy bee or another flower to wear. I appreciate your sensitive feelings, but let's be honest about what most players want from pvp - kill another players.
    And what about healers? I don't think they heal because they enjoy killing.

I personally enjoy PvP in all of it's aspects.
    Strategy, killing people, healing people, doing clever stuff, objectives, winning, even losing, etc.
    PvP isn't all about killing other players, very far from it. As much as I feel good about killing another player, I feel even better about snatching a victory from the other team using clever tricks. I remember the clutch moves I've done to destroy cores in Karthan Ridge months ago. I don't remember who I killed last week.
    I remember standing with a flag in Warsong Gulch on my Hunter in WoW:Burning Crusade with 29k HP, 2 bots healers and an army of scared Horde who wouldn't even dare to get anywhere close to me and have a taste of my Aimed Shots.
    I don't remember who I killed during that Warsong Gulch, or who was the second bot healer for the matter.

If all you care about is killing people, then good for you, but if PvP was just killing each other, it would become boring extremely fast.

Even if I did care only about kills, I get more than enough of those kills in PvP. Why can't you?
    I keep overriding my Bloodthirsty buff because of how fast people get dropped. My Warrior ain't called Wrecking Ball the Wrecker for no reason.
    Last edited by Snap; 05-26-2015 at 01:46 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

who still enjoys pvp in rift?
    I do, in small doses.

what role do you play the most enjoyably in pvp if you can choose the role you play[?]
    Healing, sometimes Dominator.

what places do you enjoy to pvp?
    BG, Codex, Whitefall, KR Dom. I also like to do 5s if we have the right people who are willing (we usually don't).

Uhhh... I'd rather PUG a WF than a NTE.

Half of the time, maybe.

what do you enjoy?
    Getting swarmed by potato DPS and /lol'ing. Getting swarmed by my fan club and /rofl'ing.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    And what about healers? I don't think they heal because they enjoy killing.
    Good that you mention this!
    In WoW (5 years ago i won't go back again) i was playing only healer, doing dailies, weeklies, raids, pvp and arena with it. In battlegrounds i was top hps and i was killing people, not like dps, but 3-1, 5-1, 2-0 positive stats.
    I will leave healing in Rift to someone else. And from my experience whatever role i chose, we will lack the other one. Can't clone myself sorry. And i'm not even that good, i'm average player. But the point is i thought that was the worst kind of pvp i ever seen until i tried to PvP in Rift.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast