• 1 Post By Sekirach
  • 1 Post By Mannson
  • 1 Post By Koruen
  • 1 Post By Meowy
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Post yourfun build

Soulwalker

Default Post yourfun build

Because I can and I will, I shall reveal my secret PvP builds for everyone to see. These are super OP.. Wait, they're not. They're just fun, tend to fill action bars with abilities you need to press and most importantly, I tend to find them decent!

So, feedback is also appreciated and don't shy from posting your own fun build. Sure, post that Reaver build if you find it fun.

Warrior builds

Warpaladin. 51 Warlord/ 25 Pala/ 0 Paragon

With stuns, pulls and a respectably spammable snare in your arsenal I wish I could call Warpaladin my own creation, but I remember someone actually doing it first loong ago and making it awesome. I however have mixed results with Warpaladin.
    -A versatile DPS'ers with both good AoE, ST damage and bit of tankiness, making this build an "offtank", a role I like to play alot.
    -Can be macroed in well, with 6 buttons to get to basics. (1 to activate aggressive block, 2 for spam macro, 3 for finisher macro. 2 for the surges. 1 for healmacro)
    -Best achieved with piercing thrust and wave of steel in seperate buttons, so you accidently don't use other abilities after a finisher. PT almost reaches the same power as breaking blow when KoH buff and warlord focus are active.
    -IMHO, a bit too squishy but could be due lack of gear, however against physical damage dealers who don't got overwhelming gear superiority, Warpaladin wreck them with reactives.

Alternatively, you can go Critlord and switch pala with paragorn. Supersquishy, but if gets its rotation on, your screen gets filled up with huge crit texts!

Palalord of Gorn Paragorn/Paladin/warlord

Since I am not currently at my own computer, can't check the exact point allocations, but this is a tank as rift designates it, made to stun, debilate and slow. Enough points in para to get debilate, Rapture and stuns from paladin, noshield blocking and naturally, a pull from WL.
    -Little to no synergy and not alot of passive buffs, not enough mitigation to tank efficiently and not enough DPS buffs to make difference
    -HOWEVER, there's always somesort CC ready to use and if they don't got immunity, they're stunned.
    -Since you are not DPS or tanky enough to survive in middle of favorhungry enemy, you are very reliant on not only a awesome healer, but alert DPS'ers who are more than happy to capitalize on the CC you offer.
    -If anything, atleast you'll be constantly forcing SOMEONE's Break free on CD
    -Relatively easy to use, builders and finishers can be macroed easily. Just keep each crowd control ability in seperate hotkey so you don't "doubletap" them.
    -Pending on changing para to void reaver so I can get myself a knockback

Mage
    My mage is still getting levels, but anyways...

Flaming Archivist of Domination Dominator/Archon/Pyro
    -Squirrelise.. Everyone.. The go-to-pick when you wish to put every foe's break free to CD.
    -Has nasty dots. Haunting pain for stationary, stormshackle for the kiters. They better cleanse or get killed
    -Stuns, Aoe interrupts, whatnot. OH MY
    -Stat stealing, resource stealing, mana wrenching, shutting down healers, thorns, Final fantasy's reflect. DomArchon has alot of powerful utility
    -..Which means you cannot macro them easily, be prepared to fill atleast 1 hotkey bar
    -A thinking person's build for sure and tends to fall to attacks that you are not prepared for. Yes, those assassins WILL focus on you the moment your stuns, knockbacks are on CF and they will have break free off the CD when you try to squirrel them.. And yes, they will have a friend with a fishing rod to drag you back to their knives.
    -Reflective shield is your best friend when a mage tries to duel you, if you can't outperform them; Squirrelize and RUN!

Cleric
    Just like my mage, still getting dem levels.

Justifier of Sentient Inquisition Justi/Inq/sent
    -As justi as main soul, this means downright tanking with SnB. Justi for extra heals and extra damage and ranged abilities to keep that health bar moving upwards. Sent's o point heal just because YOU will run out of convictions the very point you need to heal yourself/someone badly.
    -Simple soul, won't clutter hotkeybars much and very versatile if you pick both miens and both armors from Justi, meaning you can go tank or offtank.
    -The funpart in PvP is when you manage to keep yourself alive for 3-4 minutes with 4-5 guys after you and your team is clever enough to focus on objectives or pick the pursuers off while you run about in mad dash while spamming your heal macro.

Rogue
    She, like the two before, needs some levels.
    Sabo/MM/Assassin, Sneaky Bombing Gunner
    -Capable of putting quite the burst, both AoE and single despite definite downtime to setup, this build has stealth from the backstabber tree to sneak around when the rare time time arises. (Say, getting a stormstone in the CTF map) or getting to position to surprise with a rapid setup and BOOM.
    -Incase of getting someone annoyed by the sounds of BOOM, Marksman's repel and kiting abilities come in handy, especially when coupled up with adhesive bomb.
    -Nothing more satisfying than managing to make your setup on 1-3 targets and then dropping your bomb arsenal to trigger the charges and watch those numbers clutter the screen! With the versatility of choosing between evil dots or burst damage, in both ST and Aoe variety, it does take a little bit thinking.. as in "Will they realize to cleanse the dots or not?"
    -Then again, seems like charges can be cleansed so that does tax Sabo's reliability somewhat.
    -Less clutter to hotkeys than one'd think as you can put most bombs in one macro. Just keep atleast an escape macro that involves repel and adhesive bomb. Not to mention a macro for quick detonations (Annibomb->Fragbomb->detonate macro).
    -One of the few builds that can and should do their finishers with non-max combo points from time to time. Overkill damage is fun, but needless.

And that's for the wall of text. Let's get some discussion that doesn't involve what is OP and what is not, but about what is fun aand may not be viable.. Because, Wreck the meta.

your Warpaladin build can work but there are better versions of it.no ranged builder or finisher is a major problem even more so with the way the game is now.a 20 yard "tank" builder through mastery's will not cut it either.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Can't post them off the bat, and lazy but people can ask me about them, so far I have reaver/healer, 2 hand tank, then Reaver full dps, beastmaster melee dps, tanky dps, thats my warrior, then 1 for my rogue was never catch me spec, use to love that spec. back in the days, not sure still works

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    your Warpaladin build can work but there are better versions of it.no ranged builder or finisher is a major problem even more so with the way the game is now.a 20 yard "tank" builder through mastery's will not cut it either.
    True, but when playing a warrior, I want to hit things with a giant weapon (or smaller weapon) instead of casting spells. Fortunately, ranged superiority TRULY shines in conquest where I am forced to just toss a BiA to a friendly healer, either inch to pull closest nuker or incase of sneaky enemy sins, actually fight. Sometimes I even manage to dash in without getting focused and get my screen full of combat text with KF, dunno if that actually leaves an effect, but atleast it means I'm soon dead and get to do conquest crafting.

And yeah, that mastery is probably invented so warrior tanks can run about to gather mobs and get their aggro without running to the aggro range.

Also, I don't own or don't want to own storm bay pack or put any points in reaver, so I probably never get a ranged finisher xD
    Though palahealer whose job is to help up main healer in healing and repel attacks sounds like a fun build to try.

my primary spec is 48 reaver / 24 riftblade / 4 void knight.
    more utility and survivability, and mobility than pure reaver.
    (i have a few varieties of this spec, with slight differences in points distribution)

i also have a VK/reaver "troll" spec mostly for the summons

then i have "the speed demon" spec.
    VK/BM/RB.
    13% passive movement speed from avatar of wind (with improved avatar talent)
    10% passive movement speed from accord of shifting
    10% passive movement speed from swiftness
    15% passive movement speed from bond of alacrity
    10% passive movement speed from runners training 3rd tier mastery.

if you've ever seen the mid point in karthan capped before either side has killed anyone, this is the spec i did it with.
    pretty much useless in a fight. but you have to catch it first.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    (i have a few varieties of this spec, with slight differences in points distribution)

VK/BM/RB.

if you've ever seen the mid point in karthan capped before either side has killed anyone, this is the spec i did it with.
    fix Kronos pls. thanks.

Soulwalker

VK/BM/RB.

I think I just fell in love with that speed demon, a serious capper! I am pretty sure I've seen something like that as I remember trying to keep this one warrior snared or stunned but noo.. Just runs off like Sonic, not even slowed by the snare! Not sure if you, but we kind of lost the WF when people got ticked off with the speedy gonzales and so we had Benny Hill style chase.

Rift Disciple

VK/BM/RB.

Looks funny, will have to give it a try!

for those of you trying out the speed demon, put your lashers bane mirror from planar attunement somewhere handy, for that little extra boost now and then.
    and don't forget spongy insoles consumables.

rogues can do a similar spec that I think is just a little bit faster.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

40vk 32para 4lib. Ok at everything
    51temp 25reaver. Lolbursr
    40vk 32warlord. Flag running good survival
    44reaver 32warlord. Troll speed survival.
    61temp actually kinda works.

....61 champ for lols in library and bg
    And lib and reaver 61.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/D5D9A...uickening-Brew

This is what saves me a lot lately along with ride the wind and mirrors. (insoles always on in pvp)
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Shadowlander

I'm trying new build on my rogue as I'm getting super tired of phys/bard/mm being fairly braindead but super op (@ lower levels. currently in the 40s bracket).

Bladedancer feels fairly fun. A simple generic BM+NB for the spammable slow.

I did just make a Riftstalker+bladedancer build which is hilariously fun to play. You put 32 pts in rift for the 50m teleport to get out of bad spots. I have 4 charges, one of which breaks cc, the other breaks immobilize. All on fairly low cd.
    I have some sprints, mm for extra sprint, some decent cds and good surv. Tons of fun pinponging around and blinking left and right

VK/BM/RB.

I tried this out in a Karthan Core, Kronos. Very fun indeed! <3
    Serale@Faeblight

for those trying out my speed demon, expect to have conversations like this:

Post yourfun build-sent-gm.jpg

this was during a karthan, after I had capped the mid core first.

+ Reply to Thread