+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Shedelin
  • 5 Post By Ianto Jones

Thread: Warfront Idea: Yay or Nay?

Lightbulb Warfront Idea: Yay or Nay?

Here's my latest war front idea, based off a battleground I found in TERA:

War front: Keep Assault
    How to Play: In round one, the attacking team must destroy the defenders anchor stone before time expires. In round two, the teams switch roles. The team that destroys it in less time (or deals more damage in less time) is declared the winner.
    Important Battleground Info: Siege weapons are used (like a small 2-man airship, or a cannon , or a tank). To get to the anchor stone, you either have to make a perilous climb up siege ladders or destroy gates. Destroying an outer gate grants 2 additional minutes, whilst the inner gate grants 3 additional minutes if destroyed.
    Size: 20-on-20.

Well, what do you guys think? Do you think it's good, do you think it should be modified, or did I just pass the "Shedelin, are you insane?" line.

Comments, questions, concerns, insults?

SWTOR has a similar map, though it takes place inside a star destroyer, the objective is a data core, and there are no siege ladders.
    can be a fun map, but the result mostly comes down to which team has the smartest stealthers/dumbest tanks.

I wouldn't mind a map running along those lines in Rift, though I can already see the elitist wow arena kiddies completely ignoring the doors/gates/whatever and just treating it as a team derpmatch map.

what I'd really like to see in a warfront is hostile terrain. lava pits, falling rocks, paths that are open one moment and closed the next. something that makes positioning and movement important factors, where standing in the wrong spot can result in instant annihilation.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    where standing in the wrong spot can result in instant annihilation.
    so you want to be a mage

Plane Walker

It sounds cool. If Rift's engine can handle airships, tanks and such + 40 people in an instance. If it can be built to be lag free, I'd like to play it.

I would probably enjoy it like the versions of it that I have played in other games. I might be one of the minority but I wish we wouldn't see any additional limited duration instanced PvP Warfronts added to Rift.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

Shadowlander

Nay, because there's a million other things Rift needs to fix in PVP first.

In some alternate universe where they fixed PvP though, could be a fun map to have.
    Anva/Daliza

I like the idea of positioning and instant annihilation. You could go a step further and do the following:

In, say, a 20-minute war front, every 3-5 minutes a meteor shower occurs, and you have to find cover for 10 seconds or die instantly. If anything, it will make everyone realize that there is more to PvP than "Run towards other team, charge and root them as if they were hit by Mack trucks, then face tank them until one side falls over."

Like my idea?

+ Reply to Thread