+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Open World PvP

Soulwalker

Default Open World PvP

I played at launch for a few months and then gave up when I decided it wasn't for me. I'm interested in coming back, but the #1 thing I want is open world, unstructured pvp.

Let's say I wanted to get together 10-15 people and look for open world pvp. If I was on a pvp shard, where would we find it? Will people just phase to another shard?

Looking for some more information before I convince friends to give it a go again. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by Adunaphel View Post
    I played at launch for a few months and then gave up when I decided it wasn't for me. I'm interested in coming back, but the #1 thing I want is open world, unstructured pvp.

Let's say I wanted to get together 10-15 people and look for open world pvp. If I was on a pvp shard, where would we find it? Will people just phase to another shard?

Looking for some more information before I convince friends to give it a go again. Thanks in advance!
    im still on seastone and i can say 100% you will not find any large scale open world pvp going on.you will have trouble even finding 1 or 2 players to gank,let alone 15.pvp daily's are gone, raid gear is not bolstered in open world,so raiders have a big advantage there.most pvpers quit or left seastone to join raiding guilds.this is what happened when the gear change went though,sadly and its only getting worse.
    Last edited by butkus; 05-24-2015 at 09:08 AM.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Rift Disciple

It's a struggle to make structured PVP fair, so world PVP is going to be a nightmare. Unless your whole objective is to engage in unfair fights in which 1 party will definitely win, all skill aside, and it's just a matter of going through the motions, then world pvp isn't going to actually work. it's going to die in rift and every other MMO. It's a fundamentally flawed concept.

World pvp even with old system if didn't play pvp and got most the max gear, you'll get 1 or 2 shot even leveling would not be anyone that can do anything who attack you in pvp gear, even if people that just raid, that pvp gear it was pretty op having that gear in world pvp. But the new system is not much much better but it's better then old system.
    Last edited by Zaber; 05-24-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Plane Walker

There's no open world PVP in Rift, because yes, people can just phase to other shards.

Well, world PVP can happen sometimes during zone events in 60+ zones, but that's rare.

World pvp happens on Seastone on a fairly regular basis, its just small scale in nature.

There seems to be a unspoken rule of no pvp till the world boss dies, then pvp happens.

I am involved in wpvp 3 or 4 times a week and I only leave Margle for my 2 rifts (that I shard hop for) or a instanced activity. If I see this much wpvp while barely leaving Margle one would have to assume that it is going on much more than we realize.

Regardless of this Seastone is in need of a influx of players.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

+ Reply to Thread