+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree155Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: "Melee in general have a lot of problems in PvP" -Red Hawk

Default "Melee in general have a lot of problems in PvP" -Red Hawk

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hawk View Post
    Melee in general have a lot of problems in PvP. Melee soul representation is much lower than we'd like it to be. Fixing that will require more systemic changes to the rules of the game, not patchwork fixes to each melee soul.

The tuning changes we previously made to Shaman were intended primarily for PvE, though any PvP benefit they might have is a happy ancillary bonus
    so when are these changes coming so i know when to plan on logging in again? hello? archonix? red hawk? vladd? ocho? anyone? did you get those 1000 word pm's i sent you five months ago about melee viability and it's diminishing representation only to make further changes to push melee out of pvp and even raid encounters? i pointed out all of the reasons why, and was ignored, and then a dev suggests that melee representation isn't what they want it to be. really?

how many subs do you think you've lost after forcing people into niche specs they don't want to play? i'm at least one--my patron sub has been canceled for quite awhile and the incentive to spend credits on anything for any reason is gone.
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    so when are these changes coming so i know when to plan on logging in again? hello? archonix? red hawk? vladd? ocho? anyone? did you get those 1000 word pm's i sent you five months ago about melee viability and it's diminishing representation only to make further changes to push melee out of pvp and even raid encounters? i pointed out all of the reasons why, and was ignored, and then a dev suggests that melee representation isn't what they want it to be. really?

how many subs do you think you've lost after forcing people into niche specs they don't want to play? i'm at least one--my patron sub has been canceled for quite awhile and the incentive to spend credits on anything for any reason is gone.
    I think the best response is to buff reavers heal debuff to at least 100% to make any form of healing melee classes through anything impossible.

We can then follow it up with a strict nerf to melee burst potential by expanding the health pools, while also nerfing and/or gutting any reasonable melee utility.

Furthermore, I pose that we increase melee range by .5m while enemy players are /dancing while being attacked, because we have to balance these changes to the performance of melee souls with some kind of incentive, otherwise who would play these souls?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    I think the best response is to buff reavers heal debuff to at least 100% to make any form of healing melee classes through anything impossible.

We can then follow it up with a strict nerf to melee burst potential by expanding the health pools, while also nerfing and/or gutting any reasonable melee utility.

Furthermore, I pose that we increase melee range by .5m while enemy players are /dancing while being attacked, because we have to balance these changes to the performance of melee souls with some kind of incentive, otherwise who would play these souls?
    show me ONE video of you wrecking multiple warfronts in this OHKO OP reaver spec. just ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    show me ONE video of you wrecking multiple warfronts in this OHKO OP reaver spec. just ONE.
    Lol just give it up already your the only one acting like reaver isn't the slightest of op and I'm thinking it's a l2p issue. If you can't roflstomp people in reaver then uninstall.
    ~Xclusive
    ~Ominous

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    the incentive to spend credits on anything for any reason is gone.
    From my perspective the overall stagnation of existing classes is with cash/credits in mind. They a devoting class development resources to the new class that is coming out sometime in the future. The new class will be op, new, and shiny encouraging players to spend some cash/credits to play it. Going by the pace of the harb changes and the extensive work on clerics over the last 9 months (that is sarcasm) you are barking up the wrong tree.
    Koz

Quote Originally Posted by Sencas View Post
    From my perspective the overall stagnation of existing classes is with cash/credits in mind. They a devoting class development resources to the new class that is coming out sometime in the future. The new class will be op, new, and shiny encouraging players to spend some cash/credits to play it. Going by the pace of the harb changes and the extensive work on clerics over the last 9 months (that is sarcasm) you are barking up the wrong tree.
    Indeed, I agree with what you say, but I believe that it is an incorrect strategy that TRION is pursuing.

Most souls in the game have been neglected, and if you happen to enjoy one of them, and are waiting for them to become competitive again, you have a long wait ahead of you.

Are you going to purchase the new class pact and I assuming here that it will not be F2p, when there is a good chance that the same thing will happen three or six months down the road ?

I purchased the Dreamsoul Pact primarily to obtain the Oracle soul which has zero use at present, being eclipsed by Bards a F2P soul in a raid setting.

Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.

I was going to reserve my criticism until I found out recently that the new primalist class will not have its own dedicated class developer. So either Red Hawk or Vladd that are responsible for all the other classes and have been given other responsibilities too, are somehow suppose to manage this too ? There are not enough hours in the day for two people, no matter how talented they may be to do it all.

Why do you think there is has been zero class development of late and even bug fixes ignored ? Clerics have gotten one minor change to one soul since 3.2 was released. That's it.

This is what I feared would happen to RIFT when it went F2P. The most important part of the game and the reason people play gets neglected, as the company chases an imaginary revenue stream. Ultimately it only brings diminishing returns and Pay to Win starts to creep in incrementally, until players get tired of it, and stop playing.

Why would TRION be making new classes? The existing ones are basically destroyed in their quest to make everyone have exactly the same abilities. /boggle
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Quote Originally Posted by Xclusivee View Post
    Lol just give it up already your the only one acting like reaver isn't the slightest of op and I'm thinking it's a l2p issue. If you can't roflstomp people in reaver then uninstall.
    are you really trying to say that reaver is the best 1 vs 1 spec in game?is that not what you meant by " roflstomp" people?reaver gets eaten alive by most specs when not supported by a healer.reaver is good at aoeing from ranged.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by Sencas View Post
    that is what im thinking as well-new class the rest will take a back seat.
    I did not invent Warladin I perfected it!
    rifts #1 warlord!
    rifts #1 pull tank!
    Your weakness builds me!
    Butkus@seastone

Quote Originally Posted by butkus View Post
    are you really trying to say that reaver is the best 1 vs 1 spec in game?
    He never implied that.
    Nobody care about 1v1, you and everyone defending Reaver really should stop talking about 1v1 because that is completely irrelevant.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Default Funny

All these threads

Reaver Hate
    Inq Hate
    New FOTM class Hate
    Healer Hate
    Lack of Healing Hate
    Melle Hate (well its been a while since the WL Nerfs)
    Ranged Hate

Most people I know have at least a decently geared 65 of every class ... If x class has been nerfed into the ground .. and y class is performing well ... the way I see it ... play y class until x class is fixed ... play a new game ... or soldier on doing the best you can with a suboptimal class.

Reaver is strong atm, Sent is strong, Inq is strong, Phys is ok, Nb/Sin is ok, if your going to PVP ... assuming your not some lunatic and want to win .. why not just use the best tool for the job. Or if you want to be totally anti social go with one of those troll tank specs .. but either way clearly the classes are not balanced, they wont be any time soon, so just use the most effective one you enjoy.

And if there arent any you enjoy ... well hell there are lots of games to choose from.
    Last edited by Fallse; 05-23-2015 at 01:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    What are you even on about?

You realize you're completely fabricating things and then expecting me to deliver videos of things created as a figment of your own imagination right?

Oh and following me around demanding that I deliver on them?

Ecru, the expressions your avatars have always give me the strangest feelings. But perhaps mine is no better.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-23-2015 at 07:50 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    Ecru, the expressions your avatars have always give me the strangest feelings. But perhaps mine is no better.
    Your avatar reminds me of good memories from my youth. When I was sitting in front of the TV watching Aladdin and other Disney movies while eating Froot Loops or Corn Pops.
    Last edited by Snap; 05-23-2015 at 07:58 PM.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

I like to think it expresses how I often feel when having to type things.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-23-2015 at 08:13 PM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast