+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Marksman is Ridiculous

Default Marksman is Ridiculous

Why does a extremely mobile soul do so much damage? It's ridiculous that they can destroy melee and have sooo much CC and speed boosts to stop the melee from even getting close to them. And even when I use my ranged spec their burst is unreal. Whoever thought that giving a soul so much cc and damage was ok needs to be reevaluated.
    Last edited by Mukoswave; 05-22-2015 at 05:36 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

1/10

Shadowlander

Finally! Finally MM recognized as OP! My super stronk 1 button MM...or 2, mmm 3... or 6? Nah, who remember that! Just push them like you do in fightings, in it will be fine!
    But if without jokes, yep, MM strong but without inq survivability or 1moment pyro burst + better CC, and its have high vulnerability to purges. I still dont have pvp mm build, but you can do most wf in pve build and saw some 17-19k crits

damn man, cause rogue. Duh

Final boss of the game, even after all the planes have been saved, and we venture further into the void between worlds to defeat what lurks within, will have a yellow bar.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-22-2015 at 06:42 AM.

Ascendant

Good 1v1 spec!

Too much CC?

I agree MM does way too much damage for such mobility but that's mainly because of Empowered Shot representing most of their damage and the impossibility to interrupt their Deadeye Shot.

I'd prefer if their Deadeye Shot was interruptible and more focus was put on it rather than Empowered Shot.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    Why does a extremely mobile soul do so much damage? It's ridiculous that they can destroy melee and have sooo much CC and speed boosts to stop the melee from even getting close to them. And even when I use my ranged spec their burst is unreal. Whoever thought that giving a soul so much cc and damage was ok needs to be reevaluated.

Marksman gives up damage to be mobile. If they are Mobile, they are not doing as much dps as they can and should be in most cases.

Almost every ranged spec deals too much damage for melee to survive at the moment. Marksman is hardly alone in this particular offense. Try meleeing a reaver while he runs you in and out of Morass. Or a pyro cycling CC's. or an Inquisitor through JP.

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by CDagger View Post
    Marksman gives up damage to be mobile. If they are Mobile, they are not doing as much dps as they can and should be in most cases.
    You mean 1 cast on MM hurts their damage as much as Pyros having over 50% of their damage from Fireballs?

QQ
    Meciel - Mage - Defer Death - Greybriar
    12/12 T1, 14/15 T2, 1/9 T3

Quote Originally Posted by evantide View Post
    You mean 1 cast on MM hurts their damage as much as Pyros having over 50% of their damage from Fireballs?

QQ
    No, but this is rift remember? Who cares about mages c:

But no in reality, they lose damage. If they are running their full movespeed bonus', they aren't using calculated shot, which is the right call in some cases with melee, but MM's aren't the "Uncatchable 50% passive movement speed racecar" they were of the past. They have large amounts of their dps tied to being less mobile was the only thing I meant to interject.

All ranged classes need a bit of a nerf if Melee is going to be truly viable. And by that I don't just mean the Riftblade solution where they let melee classes one shot people.
    Last edited by CDagger; 05-22-2015 at 10:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

I've been missing out, since when are the pitchforks turned towards MM instead of pyros?

Are they really beating the pyromuncher?
    Vinther/Vintr/Amerika/Bossmode

RIFT Guide Writer

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post
    I've been missing out, since when are the pitchforks turned towards MM instead of pyros?

They've been more broken than Pyro since the MM buffs in Decemeber. The problem was derpy players saw "this guy crit me for 15k with one spell! OP!" and go "This guy hit me 5 times for 3k each with one spell! This Isn't OP at all!"

That and Pyros taking 10% more damage from physical attacks due to armor mitigation whereas most people have about the same fire resists in any spec.

Quote Originally Posted by Cramen View Post

Pyro is bottom of the barrel atm. That's not to say it's not overpowered, it's just that every other calling has something even more disgustingly overpowered, like Marksman.

Telaran

Hell, at most maps, Nightblade eats MM for breakfast.

MMs are glass cannons. Purge them, kill them.

Quote Originally Posted by mckftw View Post
    Hell, at most maps, Nightblade eats MM for breakfast.

MMs are glass cannons. Purge them, kill them.
    That's most rogue specs in a nutshell. I eat nightblades for breakfast if I receive any form of heals, even just aoe. They can't use LF burst on me because Im not going to afk and let them stand next to me alone for 6 seconds. Purge and they're toast.

RIFT Guide Writer

Least your buffs technically protect each other since they're split up. Pyros lose Pyro Armor? Good bye Fireball, Cinderburst, and Flame Bolts along with 6% buff damage.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast