+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: I lose 100 elo a week...

Rift Disciple

Default I lose 100 elo a week...

Just queing for the "Guns For Hire " maps and losing to premades.

Discuss

Yea I usually make the ELO back up at some point, but I lose tons just trying to get wins for the quest.

Rift Disciple

5 losses in a row to the same premade

cant make this **** up ladies and gentleman

Wait 2 minutes before queing again. Unless you're playing during the middle of the night you will no longer be against that team.

And we're actually tired of discussing it.
    Last edited by Sinsalot; 05-21-2015 at 05:44 PM.

Rift Disciple

Wed/Thurs nights are the worst for PM's.
    I know that there are some of you that believe fully that a guild of millionaires is going to appear on day one and down all the content.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by mauzer80 View Post
    Wed/Thurs nights are the worst for PM's.
    I solo que'd Wed night during prime time. Went 6 for 8 in wins. Got all Guns except for PS. Not that big of a deal. Generally, during prime time on Wed/Thurs you will see at least a PM on EACH side already, so soloing is not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

I also noticed that Wednesday night group was pretty well competent and played well over all on both sides. Maybe the fear of the big PM's on those nights have pared down the play to where just PVP'ers are the only ones que'ing during those times. Felt a little more like pre 3.0 to be honest.
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    I solo que'd Wed night during prime time. Went 6 for 8 in wins. Got all Guns except for PS. Not that big of a deal. Generally, during prime time on Wed/Thurs you will see at least a PM on EACH side already, so soloing is not as big of a deal as some make it out to be.

I also noticed that Wednesday night group was pretty well competent and played well over all on both sides. Maybe the fear of the big PM's on those nights have pared down the play to where just PVP'ers are the only ones que'ing during those times. Felt a little more like pre 3.0 to be honest.
    I somehow went on a 4 win spree this wednesday, got like 9 wins in 2 hours. all but 2 wins could be called "balanced", those 2 wins were total blowouts, 1000-152 in codex and 500-12 in black garden. losses werent too bad either, mostly it was due to bad teamwork, though one KR was over in less than 2 minutes. Freaking pyros 1-shot everything to hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    Just queing for the "Guns For Hire " maps and losing to premades.

Discuss

Yea I usually make the ELO back up at some point, but I lose tons just trying to get wins for the quest.
    Mine was hovering at a little above 50% until is starting plummeting as a result of some terrible matchmaking. If your game play happens to fall in the wrong time, there is a good chance you will face the same premade endlessly. "Waiting" for the next queue doesn't help either, because there are not enough players in the pool and it just recycles to the same PM.

I try not to look at it anymore. It will eventually drop to zero and then I will no longer have to concern myself over it.

If I get to many wins, and I start seeing uneven matchups, thanks to the new elo system I know it's time to just afk and accept the loss I know it's matching me up for.

Great system 10/10
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-23-2015 at 08:09 PM.

I feel like some of you try to see how many matches you can lose in a row. I have never lost more than 5 in a row. Not because it's not possible, but because I have no interest in sitting through bad match after bad match. You lose a few in a row, okay, the system isn't doing too well with the current groups, so take a break and come back to it. You lose a few, take a break for 10, 20 minutes, come back, and within the next couple of matches you'll probably have a win. And matchmaking system complaints are getting kind of old. Everything has already been said. Trion hasn't (appeared to have) made an effort to change things, so either figure out a way to enjoy it as is or keep saying the same things over and over and making the game far less enjoyable for yourself. I'm all for trying to change the way pvp is right now, but every other post is about pvp and they all say the same thing. Ocho has commented on some of the threads and I'm sure they've read many of them, so they're aware of this concern that has been expressed. I originally made it my goal to change the current pvp situation and as time passed, I realized I was enjoying pvp far less because of it. So stop creating new threads that are repeating previous threads and find something you enjoy in the game.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    If I get to many wins, and I start seeing uneven matchups, thanks to the new elo system I know it's time to just afk and accept the loss I know it's matching me up for.

Great system 10/10
    whenever i get more than 3 back to back wins, i start mentally preparing myself to afk at spawn for the next match. yesterday, after a 5 win spree, i got matched up against 4 other players in library (only 1 rogue with 1k+ hit runed/orbed gear, rest were blue/missing geared people.)

on the other side, we had a known premade, and to rub it in further, they had 1 extra player. its hard to beat them with good folks on your team, with bad players on your side... impossible.

we didnt get a healer till we'd all died a few times, when the cleric goes warden (whenever i see a warden, i just want to kill myself), of all things.

we were 500-100 when the next wave of players came in. they were decent guys, but it was impossible to win against such a steep disadvantage.

its become so bad that i usually quit after getting a few wins, since the game will likely put me up with bad players just to "equalize" my win rate.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    I feel like some of you try to see how many matches you can lose in a row. I have never lost more than 5 in a row. Not because it's not possible, but because I have no interest in sitting through bad match after bad match. You lose a few in a row, okay, the system isn't doing too well with the current groups, so take a break and come back to it. You lose a few, take a break for 10, 20 minutes, come back, and within the next couple of matches you'll probably have a win. And matchmaking system complaints are getting kind of old. Everything has already been said. Trion hasn't (appeared to have) made an effort to change things, so either figure out a way to enjoy it as is or keep saying the same things over and over and making the game far less enjoyable for yourself. I'm all for trying to change the way pvp is right now, but every other post is about pvp and they all say the same thing. Ocho has commented on some of the threads and I'm sure they've read many of them, so they're aware of this concern that has been expressed. I originally made it my goal to change the current pvp situation and as time passed, I realized I was enjoying pvp far less because of it. So stop creating new threads that are repeating previous threads and find something you enjoy in the game.
    I haven't gotten a losing streak in a while. My pattern lately has been to queue up for a terrible match, get frustrated by the idiotic play of my team mates, and then go do HK IAs for an hour or two. Try again, get frustrated again, and bail again.

It wasn't until just a few hours ago that I actually had a decent run of matches.

The issue for me (and I assume a lot of others) is not that we a re losing matches, but that we are playing in rigged matches (whether they be intentionally rigged or just appear so due to bad match-making). One does not have to be a forum crusader in order to be deeply frustrated by the low quality of matches that we tend to get.

PvP is about competition, and there is nothing competitive about blow-out matches in which you are either wasting time in a futile effort to turn the match around or hunting down the few enemies that have left the spawn as your team completely dominates.

Of all of Rift's content, PvP content has the most replayability value. Theoretically, it should not be difficult to keep PvP players happy: ensure they have viable gearing paths to just a mite below the latest tier of raid gear; ensure rewards (daily charges, weeklies, etc) cater to PvP players and not freeloaders; encourage competitive matches (something that they are not succeeding in at the moment); and keeping the various souls relatively balanced.

New content is a nice bonus, but the emphasis should be on making sure the current content can be enjoyed.

Ral
    Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    whenever i get more than 3 back to back wins, i start mentally preparing myself to afk at spawn for the next match.
    Please just leave, you are what is killing PVP. Don't care about premades, don't care about "potatoes", dont care about ELO, but I have no sympathy for afk'rs or qq'rs.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ral View Post
    Please just leave, you are what is killing PVP. Don't care about premades, don't care about "potatoes", dont care about ELO, but I have no sympathy for afk'rs or qq'rs.
    please try to comprehend what i wrote, FIRST, before jumping to conclusions.
    are you a non-native speaker? shall i write it in an easier way?

Quote Originally Posted by palemoons View Post
    please try to comprehend what i wrote, FIRST, before jumping to conclusions.
    are you a non-native speaker? shall i write it in an easier way?
    This is actually hilarious. You tell him to try to understand before jumping to conclusions and then immediately turn around and jump to conclusions.

Anyway, I thought the same thing. From what you said, you are completely willing to afk in a match if it's not a win for you and I can't stand by that. Play the game or leave.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Disciple

Stomps are just not fun

I have no problem AFKing to tank my elo so I get some easier matchups: read , matchups that aren't against 5 premades cross healing each other

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast