+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Mage healing in WFs

Question Mage healing in WFs

Hiya
    I often see a need for more healers when I join warfronts and I want to be able to fill that void when necessary.

I've never healed anything as a mage in all my 65 levels, so I will be learning from scratch.

Could someone point me to a good pvp mage healing guide to get me started? I've had a bit of trouble trying to find that info myself.

Any help would be appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by kozmiq View Post
    I often see a need for more healers when I join warfronts and I want to be able to fill that void when necessary.
    Mage healing in WFs-summerchild.jpg

There aren't really any PvP-focused Chloro guides. People don't generally make guides for really bad specs, which is what Chloro is in PvP.

However, if you're determined, this thread is worth a read. Deew's guide is also good for getting a basic understanding of how Chloro works (I wouldn't go too deep with it, e.g., that "Ultimate Cleanse Macro" is atrocious for PvP).

Quote Originally Posted by kozmiq View Post
    Hiya

I've never healed anything as a mage in all my 65 levels, so I will be learning from scratch.

Could someone point me to a good pvp mage healing guide to get me started? I've had a bit of trouble trying to find that info myself.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Play dominator, use a parser. See who is top damage dealer on the enemy team. Cc them and win. Dom is so much more effective when you don't have a lot of healers on your team. The only time to use chloro is when you have some ST healers, mainly physicians,defiler on your team to make their job a lot easier. Liberator and warden are the same way. If you don't have 2 other ST healers don't go chloro, go a tanky dom spec. Open up the tab and see who is most KB damage and just mark them yourself and keep them cc the entire game.

Trion likes to put carries with potatoes so if they have high Elo and you find the carry and disable them it will be an ez win.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-21-2015 at 12:00 PM.

awesome.. thanks for the advice

Rift Disciple

Mages die so fast under focus..unlike every other Healing class.

Mages need extreme help in PvP healing and surviving but the devs dont give a ****.

Default Leave Mages Alone

Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    Mages die so fast under focus..unlike every other Healing class.

Mages need extreme help in PvP healing and surviving but the devs dont give a ****.
    Mages are fine, chloros make my carnage weekly go by faster, so I don't mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    I admit, even I am not genius enough to design a game with PvP, that gets filled with players who hate dislike PvP engaging in it, and ruin the PvP for the people who want to PvP. I mean, let's hand it. That is pretty insane genius. I am thinking of the potential I could have in life if I mastered this. If I could design something and get people who don't even want to do it, flooding my gates doing it on their own will.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Mukoswave View Post
    Mages are fine, chloros make my carnage weekly go by faster, so I don't mind.
    Lol I wish you were trolling !

Shield of Telara

Chloros are fine for pvp, but have to be much more concious of positioning to put up equal numbers. So maybe could use a buff bit playable.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Chloros are fine for pvp, but have to be much more concious of positioning to put up equal numbers.
    and an ungodly amount of gear*

Chloro is still fun to play, and challenging in pvp especially solo queue
    If you want to do good keep in mind:
    positioning the key for your surviving.
    swapping synth and changing lgv-lbv the key for the raid survival.
    Synth can proc the highest heal from all healer soul, except 1 min CDs . Synth and symb together makes that player invincible for 10 sec. Synth and symb on 2 different target can save 2 ppl.
    Use at least 10 stromcaller in pvp for ride the wind. Other points not mandatory, depends on you.
    I pick arb for damage reduction, but a few pick harb for more SP. For masteries healing exigency is a must if you don't have other range increase.

Chloro self-survival needs a buff (or trion needs to give back melee) but devs are busy to make money with the new class, they don't have time to balance old classes.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Chloros are worth using with a good preset, but it generally falls behind other healing options. It isn't worth using in a PvP PUG, period. If you want to heal in PvP PUGs, pick a different calling.
    Zenahk@Laethys

Prophet of Telara

Zerg healing is too strong and can get out of line fast. Like others have said maybe chloro isn't as good as a cleric or physician in terms of survival but they technically are not underpowered. In any case it is really the fact that other classes have too much same -soul synergy rather than cross class synergy. For instance the through put and survival increases tremendously if you throw a link on the chloro and burst heal them. Or UT Not only that but energy buff is bad *** raid buff that is completely game changer without you realizing it.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-22-2015 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Planetx View Post
    Zerg healing is too strong and can get out of line fast. Like others have said maybe chloro isn't as good as a cleric or physician in terms of survival but they technically are not underpowered. In any case it is really the fact that other classes have too much same -soul synergy rather than cross class synergy. For instance the through put and survival increases tremendously if you throw a link on the chloro and burst heal them. Or UT Not only that but energy buff is bad *** raid buff that is completely game changer without you realizing it.
    It's what I've been saying all along: Chloro is balanced, everything else is overpowered.

Instead of fixing that meta, they increased the global heal nerf and added Reaver debuffs. The result is that people stack more healers, because the underlying issue isn't fixed. It's also a relative nerf to Chloro, since you can't stack Chloros, and because Chloro is a 100% healing soul, where souls like Liberator, Purifier, and Sentinel provide mitigation (either passive or via cooldowns) which is unaffected by heal reductions and debuffs.

Shield of Telara

Chlorob is mainly a secondary secondary or tertiary healing soul. Played as anything else it independent
    underperforms.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by Ianto Jones View Post
    and an ungodly amount of gear*
    Sadly, this couldn't be more true.

Without both healing weapons, Healing Crystal and enough gear to not go splat in a sec, Chloro is very pathetic.

When you get covered by another healer, it's not nearly as bad, but in solo queue or as the only healer, it goes to **** really fast.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast