+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree25Likes

Thread: Bolstering

Exclamation Bolstering

First joke of this topic: after months farming CQ I looted my first and only heart 2 days ago.
    I decided to upgrade a gear piece with it.
    Second joke of this topic: 500plat + heart (4 amenders) give only 11 SP, 10 INT, ~200 armor, some wis and end (single digit)
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/CC8E8...#39;s-Slippers
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/item/89FED...orror-Slippers

Third joke of this topic: after upgrading and zoning to a bg I loose ~100 SP. (loose multiple than I gained with upgrade)

Conclusion? Bolstering broken?, not worth to turn relic gear, not worth to farm CQ and spend hundreds of plat for amenders. (or craft them if you have that crafting)?

How can a player who mostly (only) PVP can gear up (progressing) unless hurts itself with de-bolstering? What is the ceiling for bolstering anyway? All relic bolstered? If yes why some complain in other topics about raid geared players? What about T2 gear? Not worth to spend new marks on T2 at all? Just use dream breaker/frost keeper mix and that's it?

Please advise.
    Sheona/Faynee <VANEN> , <Apotheosys>

Rift Disciple

T1 without relic is BIS in pvp
    so cq is pve-content!

Get 2 sets, keep the relic for pve, don't upgrade the 2nd set
    T2 is also bolstered down but only for certain stats like hit or crit power
    Last edited by minipara; 05-21-2015 at 03:43 AM.

Soulwalker

It's about time to allow T1 relics (not weapons unless you disable procs) and T2 epics in PvP. The reason is that by now even the non-raiders are starting to have relic T1 pieces and 1-3 T2 epic pieces meaning quite a bit of their gear gets bolstered down to values BELOW of T1 epic gear they were rocking before rendering upgrading worthless, save the pieces that apparently have broken bolstering. Only way around this is to have 2 sets of gear. This goes against the idea "one gear set works for all content now!" Trion was promoting. Nobody would mind if it's one piece of gear but when it's starting to be half a set for even non-raiders... You get the idea.

Might as well add a new tier to Dreambreaker gear too.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutpurse View Post
    It's about time to allow T1 relics (not weapons unless you disable procs) and T2 epics in PvP. The reason is that by now even the non-raiders are starting to have relic T1 pieces and 1-3 T2 epic pieces ...
    Damn that would mean like every daily wf/dungeon charge and weekly quest. You must play more then any raider does.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-21-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by spaceboots View Post
    Damn that would mean like every daily wf/dungeon charge and weekly quest. You must play more then any raider does.
    Even the most casual players should be at one piece by now which is 6 resets worth of marks. Those who do them all can be at 3 pieces. That's why I said 1-3 pieces. This of course heavily depends on what pieces you actually bought with the marks. Therefore 1-3 pieces should present quite an accurate range what comes to T2 gear most of the players are sitting at.

Quote Originally Posted by Cutpurse View Post
    Even the most casual players should be at one piece by now which is 6 resets worth of marks. Those who do them all can be at 3 pieces. That's why I said 1-3 pieces. This of course heavily depends on what pieces you actually bought with the marks. Therefore 1-3 pieces should present quite an accurate range what comes to T2 gear most of the players are sitting at.
    Not sure. T2 cost so much.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-21-2015 at 06:24 AM.

I got my 1st "T2" piece off ther store yesterday, dps legs. I knew they would be bolstered down for pvp,,, but not as much as they were. The bolstered down took all 175 off my hit, not just the extra 25.
    I thought it was an error when I saw my hit at only 950, but no, it wasn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Happysack View Post
    I got my 1st "T2" piece off ther store yesterday, dps legs. I knew they would be bolstered down for pvp,,, but not as much as they were. The bolstered down took all 175 off my hit, not just the extra 25.
    I thought it was an error when I saw my hit at only 950, but no, it wasn't.
    Hit has 0 effect in PvP, so all bolstered gear has its Hit set to 0.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Do runes and orbs still work on bolstered gear in WF's?
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

We need a PvP set and a PvE set.

So much for gear unification.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheo View Post

Please advise.
    was about time they bolstered you. gratz on the heart tho. i have 4 orange t1. was like that for a few months now. was optimisticly thinking that those stuff will be adjusted. but than trion started believing that PvP is perfect.

advise - best(ish) PvP gear is bought as a full set from the shop with $ .
    BiS PvP gear (with minor exceptions) drop in T1 raids.

i strongly suggest you invest time in minions and hammerkneel instant adventures. both are hilariously fun content you shouldnt miss . (with a bazooka)

IMO, leave things as they are. Everyone knows you don't want your stuff down bolstered (for most items), so don't upgrade it if you plan to use it in PVP. Save the heart for your PVE set.

Less grind is a good thing, no matter what you might have in your bags.
    Last edited by Fusscle; 05-21-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Sinsalot View Post
    We need a PvP set and a PvE set.

So much for gear unification.

Do you even have a full set of pvp gear upgraded ? Because I pvp x2 more than I do pve and I have a mix of t1 and t2 already. If trion adds a pvp set of gear it will just make you grind for another year. Just get the t1 and t2 pieces and even if you casually play you will have more than if you have to grind for pvp upgrades.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-21-2015 at 11:05 AM.

not worth to turn relic gear
    Correct.

not worth to farm CQ and spend hundreds of plat for amenders. (or craft them if you have that crafting)?
    Correct. CQ is PvE content and always has been.

How can a player who mostly (only) PVP can gear up (progressing) unless hurts itself with de-bolstering?
    This is what the PvP community asked for. "We don't want raid gear to have an advantage". Well, that's what debolstering does.

What is the ceiling for bolstering anyway?
    Tier 1 relic and above are debolstered.

If yes why some complain in other topics about raid geared players?
    Because people have no idea what they're talking about.

What about T2 gear?
    Debolstered to the same stats that Tier 1 relics are debolstered to (e.g., switching my my T1 relic MH/OH to t2 epic staff nets no stat change). Weapon DPS is not debolstered, however, so Rogues and Warriors get yet another advantage over Mages because they can use Tier 2 weapons for most of their benefit while we still get the full detriment of debolstering. Because, balance.

Not worth to spend new marks on T2 at all?
    Some slots seem to actually be better when debolstered than when you have an epic Tier 1 item in that slot, depending on which Tier 1 item it is. For instance, I have a Tier 2 dropped belt that when debolstered is better than my Tier 1 epic dropped belt. So the answer is, "who knows?"
    Last edited by Ianto Jones; 05-21-2015 at 11:28 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast