+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Bliter
  • 2 Post By Violacea
  • 1 Post By Kronos v

Thread: Stuff that wrecks my Rift play time: Time of day and the midnight PM

Default Stuff that wrecks my Rift play time: Time of day and the midnight PM

I have been covering other people's work shifts so I am seeing 24 hours of Rift and there is a major difference in time of day and how I feel in a match. During prime time, everything works pretty good, I see different people each match. The pm doesn't make a big impact and if one is making a ruckus, next match will be a different line up and I can live with it. Then at about 2200 Pacific, the population drops and it's me and the same people match after match probably because the Elo is rebuilding the teams exactly the way its designed to. Then, it's me and the same people doing zero damage to the midnight pm while they gibb us all back to spawn. That completely sucks any motivation to play. It isn't bad teams, just poorly geared random players versus the exact opposite. I never get the pm side, I played phys in SL so my Elo is high enough that I screwed myself and get placed opposite of the pm every match.

What do you guys think about randomizing the WF queue when there is a low population? Say when the number of people queieing drops to say less than 50, no pm groups and randomize the teams so we get some variety in the winning team.

Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Its been talked about in a half dozen other threads. I would guess its just not going to happen.

I think you'll just have to try and form a warfront PM of your own. Try for a dual PM, just need one other person and helps your win rate, not as much as a full PM but its much much much less frustrating.

Gaming online between 1 and 5am is like getting food out at that time.

You can do it, but don't expect anything great.
    Last edited by Violacea; 05-21-2015 at 10:45 AM.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

I've been saying this for awhile. I lose so much trying to carry potatoes at that time. They don't even put effort to win. Mostly why it takes me forever to complete my weeklies for pvp. I basically carry 1/3rd to half of the players to their weekly kill count at that time. There are games I got into earlier today that it was basically all dps and majority of them went 0-5+. If trion would actually see how many kills come from me alone for my weekly they will notice how broken the system is. Players who leeched most of their kills from others should be penalized.. I have seen players going 0-10 plus.. possibly bots..
    I really don't see how Trion thinks it is fair to black list certain solo queue players and have if mandatory to carry x amount of potatoes to their carnage weekly and guns wins as well as have to deal with PMs in process. Just remove groups from queue if population is not prime time.
    Last edited by Flashmemory; 05-21-2015 at 12:05 PM.

On a side note, I don't understand what about early AM hours brings out more bad players. It's not like it's Rift. Happens in PS3 games, happened in FPS games, happened in other MMO's...I want to tell myself it's because at that time of the day everyone is either intoxicated playing video games or half-awake trying to get tired enough to sleep.

But I will admit, there is a really odd and irrational correlation between early AM hours and less good of players...in like...all games.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Violacea View Post
    On a side note, I don't understand what about early AM hours brings out more bad players. It's not like it's Rift. Happens in PS3 games, happened in FPS games, happened in other MMO's...I want to tell myself it's because at that time of the day everyone is either intoxicated playing video games or half-awake trying to get tired enough to sleep.

But I will admit, there is a really odd and irrational correlation between early AM hours and less good of players...in like...all games.
    if they are regulars at that hour, and rarely online at primetime, it could simply be that the don't get enough experience vs good players to get good themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Shield of Telara

Those who are addicted stay up late and premade, those who are solo heroes stay up late and get farmed. as a person who gets connee into premading late i can tell you, this is usually how it works
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

+ Reply to Thread