+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 2 Post By Wrastion

Thread: Add yanks to cc immunities

Default Add yanks to cc immunities

Pull in abilities are crowd control. There's no reason someone should be yanked 20m...then immediately yanked another 20m...and then immediately stunned for 3 seconds.

Yanks are crowd control and should trigger immunity like other crowd control abilities.

There is already immunities to it.

Pulls/Summons share an immunity.
    Pushbacks share an immunity.
    Hard stuns, debilitates, mesmerize and any other break on damage abilities share an immunity.

The only exception is Marksman annoying as hell ability Crossfire which doesn't have any immunity tied to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    There is already immunities to it.

Pulls/Summons share an immunity.
    Pushbacks share an immunity.
    Hard stuns, debilitates, mesmerize and any other break on damage abilities share an immunity.

The only exception is Marksman annoying as hell ability Crossfire which doesn't have any immunity tied to it.
    knockbacks (pushbacks) don't have an immunity. its just that few souls/specs have more than one.

the immunities are:
    stuns/debilitates/fears/ect (shown as a head icon on the nameplate)
    roots (shown as a foot icon on the nameplate)
    pulls/summons (not shown anywhere. single target pulls/summons will be greyed out if a target is immune).

you can be pulled, then knocked back, then stunned, then rooted (or any order the same).
    CC abilities with short enough durations may allow for additional CC if you mix up the type you are using enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I guess you don't remember the days in classic with infinite yoyoing of healers. I felt like a bouncy ball being thrown around non stop till they put that in, or being man handled ported to a warrior then the other warriors wants me so ported again. Fun days. :P
    Last edited by Princess Lacus; 05-18-2015 at 02:31 PM.

PinkPrincess @Deepwood of Beep Beep Ima Jeep
    previous akas Aribella@Deepwood & Hime@Silkweb
    ★★★ find me on @ twitter ★★★

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    Pull in abilities are crowd control. There's no reason someone should be yanked 20m...then immediately yanked another 20m...and then immediately stunned for 3 seconds.

Yanks are crowd control and should trigger immunity like other crowd control abilities.
    As others have stated you cant be pulled/summoned in a row since they do put you on DR.

You can, however, be pushed/kicked after being pulled and summoned since the DR on pulls doesnt apply to pushes.

On my warrior i have two builds. One is labeled pusher. I warlord pull players 25 meters, step forward slightly, then turn and kick said player an extra 15 meters into the middle of my team for a total of 40 meters. I do this nonstop and become the focus of many players due to this. The point is to separate players from healers. I usually switch target to any healer who is forced to move forward to heal said player in danger. Its a fun and tricky spec. If its happened to you then you might know my warrior. Im the only player i know that does this on warrior since ive never had it done to me in this manner. Nost players just pull/port you and end there. Some experienced VKs might port you then push you. My spec is a dps spec that does this, however, using the temp kick. Trickier to perform.

The pusher spec i also charge you after kicking you 40 meters, rooting you in place for 1.5 seconds, and using an ogcd slow in the middle of charging (kinda cool that). I then push you back another 15 meters using VK push for a total of 55 meters. The VK interrupts also debilitate you if you time cast at all.

At 65 with 0 gear its a good spec to play to help the team.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-19-2015 at 01:23 AM.

I use a build on my warrior I call the Storm Knight, it's a very light Tempest with heavy VK, gives me two kicks. Port pull while running forward or you won't be placed right, turn, kick, kick and then run behind them because the Grounded immunity will be off in about 6-8 seconds, repull the poor sucker, stun, strip and hopefully someone is helping me kill them at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

+ Reply to Thread