+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By keepor
  • 1 Post By minipara
  • 1 Post By xGattox

Thread: 5 points to revive PvP (warfronts)

Default 5 points to revive PvP (warfronts)

My 5 suggestions to revive PvP.

- Matchmaking via prestige LvL

- Forbid macros in PvP

- Disable Purge PvP

- Emulate all players to same gear lvl

- Forbid premade groups

King of Slackers

not sure if trollin' or just ... uninformed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fomal View Post

A monkey can grind his way up to Prestige 100...prestige level has nothing to do with learning curve or success in pvp
    - Forbid macros in PvP
    No matter if you use macros or not, you stay a bad player if you have no skill priority

- Disable Purge PvP
    Break free + skill priority + checking selfbuffs ist too much for you? try easier games.
    - Forbid premade groups
    why
    Last edited by keepor; 05-17-2015 at 05:20 AM.
    Keepro - King of Slackers - NewHorizons - Contend
    Youtube
    Twitch

Bring back open world pvp dailies

Soulwalker

Default just this

Bring back open world pvp
    we have lots of good maps

People suggested prestige, valor or vengenance as a way to tier matches for years now. Back when the raiding community did nothing but whine about how overmatched they were in WFs. Trion's solution? Disable any earned differentiation in PvP.

Macros aren't an issue.

CC is heavy just now. I feel like a skypilot half the time getting launched around.

Best solution available right now in my view: enable everyone to the exact same gear.

Don't forbid them. God knows friends just want be friends and all. Put them back in their own Q.
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

reduce button bloat, and makes stuns and roots last no more than 4 seconds and thats a start.
    #1 at selecting a target and pressing a button.

Quote Originally Posted by minipara View Post
    Bring back open world pvp dailies
    this would be a VERY BIG step in the right direction. as far as macros... really? how exactly is that an issue? if anything, it dials down your dps because you're crunching things to simplify your bars. the one big thing that would help restore some order to the pvp world would be the return of actual pvp gear. raid gear should be for pve. i'm not trying to take anything away from the raiders; they've earned that gear through end game content. we, the pvp community, feel like we deserve the same distinguishing rewards. that's all we've been asking for all these years. when there were pvp gear, you couldn't raid with said gear because it was inferior- the same should be said for raid gear in pvp settings.

edited for this insert:
    oh yeah; how can i forget about the one thing that pisses me off currently - purging my weapon buffs every 5 seconds it seems. sure it's useful in a raid setting, but it needs a longer cd or something in wf's.

i love rift as it's been the only game to tear me away from 10yrs of WoW. the rift community has lost A LOT of great players because of this shunning of its pvp community. restore some of this pvp glory; they just might return. i know i'd resub again...
    -aym
    Last edited by LSUdogg; 05-17-2015 at 08:40 AM.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

- Forbid macros in PvP

- Disable Purge PvP

- Forbid premade groups
    - remove all PvP from the game. make battle minions instead.

example: sekirach the warrior minion witth attributes - zerging,attack,premading,trolling (only purple color is a option)

Prophet of Telara

People are really bad. Terrible, honestly extremely terrible at analyzing the Rift game. They are just a toilet full of misrepresentation that needs to be flushed.

Let me put it to you this way. Back in SL highest KBs were in the 50KB range, mostly all KB was around 20+KB for cherry picked matches. Pre SL the highest KBs were in the 100+ range. Average scions were in the 30-40 range for instance for some classes. NT is eons better in terms of survival and TTK. We rarely see more than 30 KBs from players. We see them but they are just as rare as 40+ in SL and 60+ pre SL. Game has gotten A LOT BETTER.

The problem is that Elo doesn't work and matchmaking is horrible to selective players as it basically black list them and white list others.

i honestly don't have a problem with the match system. i always solo queue, and until this morning with a string of 6 losses, i hover just over 50% win/loss. in all honesty, that's how it should be. the only ones with an advantage are the premade groups.
    "That which does not kill us makes us stronger." - Friedrich Nietzsche
    Aym @ Seastone
    GM of Stealthed Lives Matter

- Forbid macros in PvP

- Disable Purge PvP

- Forbid premade groups
    I'm a bit bored...

1. This would work if gear power more correlated with rank. I don't care what anyone says, sometimes you can be as good as you humanly can and raw power from gear will turn the tides. I've been on both ends of it. Bringing my cleric up, sometimes just to stay alive I'd have to blow all the saves, and to compete with DPS I'd have to play a crazy game just to keep up with people geared like my main. Could still do good, but had to put in way more effort and have better fortune. Likewise, I remember seeing healers on my rogue (once heavily geared) that literally were helpless if it came down to just me and them. They could play as good of a game has possible, but it wouldn't matter, I had to much raw power and would have to be really really bad to lose/fail. This doesn't seem to exist anymore though so I don't see how this idea could work.

2. This is silly. Bloated macro's, all in all, just dumb down the players potential. I see no issue there. And there is lag when you clog them up. But I also noticed the difference between 35 ping and 50 easily. Trust me, bloated macro's lag you. The simple two ability types...like when I could couple the MM low point ranged attack to my Sin's Savage Strike. I could just be aware of when I need to hit 2 instead of 1. But this game has some wonky physics and honestly some of these just make the game more enjoyable. Makes it much more smoother if you do the simple ones like secondary macro'd ranged attack if main melee builder is out of range. I found as long as you keep it to 2 or 3 abilities, the lag is very very hard to notice any effect of.

3. Purge is dumb in general. I say do away with purge and CC. It would be *beautiful* if people could fluidly execute their toons in the intended manner the soul was made. All this CC disabling me as if I took my hands off my controls and purges taking away buffs that make a spec what it is...it's honestly just obnoxious and there is nothing fun about it. I've done it to others because it works. But of course it works, you are crippling some builds in horrible ways. I guess this is why I like fighters and fps again...I can just play my character. The only thing stopping me is getting hit with shots of taking blows. If an MMO can make a solid game without CC/Purges I would bet people would overall enjoy the experience. Raiding, PvP'ing...it's always the most annoying stuff.

I remember Emerald Halls in EQ2, one trash area you had to clear was like 20 trash mob trees. They cast a purge AoE like every 15 seconds that dropped 1 or 2 from everyone. It was the most notorious time in my 4 years of raiding that people just afk'd and setup a macro to use a basic ability or just mindlessly hit a couple attacks because it's not worth trying to do anything your toon was made to do. Most hated mob? The one with the 50% chance damage shield to stun you for 2 seconds (game had no DR). I was lucky I had slower nukes, felt bad for the fast casters as it didn't scale the proc rate. As everyone agreed, the mob was insanely boring because you basically weren't playing your toon 50% of the fight. Nothing is fun about CC or purging. Yes it works. So do aimbots in FPS games, but that doesn't mean they're great ideas.

4. Too late for Rift to do this. The way I am starting to see it, your 2D fighters are like balanced MMO's without PvE. 40+ characters with unique move sets and execution, but completely balanced stat and damage out-put across the board. Not all damage is equal but, they give and take in certain areas to help give unique flavor to some styles. You can be all around, you can be heavy heavy damage but more fragile, and you can be a slower brute that is easy to catch but hurts really hard when he gets them. I wish Rift was like this with their souls. Because I loved all of my rogue souls, many got the same job done, just had their own unique ways of doing it. And some of those unique ways were more beneficial in some situations verses others. It would fun to pick my weapons .

5. No. You do not discourage teamplay in team games. That is paradoxical to the goal.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

+ Reply to Thread