Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How ELO doesn't Work in RIFT

Default How ELO doesn't Work in RIFT

Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Why whats wrong with it?

Shadowlander

If you had a win percentage of over 80 or 90%, then I'ld see what's wrong, what I see here, however, is elo working as intended.

does the win/loss also count the matches you recall out of?

I know ELO does (you lose ELO when you abandon a match). and ELO has been tracked since SL.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I don't think anyone is surprised

Plane Walker

What is wrong is the fact that ELO tries to get everyone close to 50% win/loss ratio as possible. With an ELO that low he should be a lot closer to the 50% win/loss mark. (or 100% win/loss if you use Trion's math)

I am the same way. I am sitting at 221 ELO with 81 Wins 105 Losses and 2 ties. My winning percentage is 43.1%.

Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    What is wrong is the fact that ELO tries to get everyone close to 50% win/loss ratio as possible. With an ELO that low he should be a lot closer to the 50% win/loss mark. (or 100% win/loss if you use Trion's math)

I am the same way. I am sitting at 221 ELO with 81 Wins 105 Losses and 2 ties. My winning percentage is 43.1%.
    the ELO might try to get players close to the magic 50% W/L, but if the player doesn't try to win, or simply doesn't know how too, there isn't much the game can do about it.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the ELO might try to get players close to the magic 50% W/L, but if the player doesn't try to win, or simply doesn't know how too, there isn't much the game can do about it.
    Are you implying that his score is broken high?

Just makes this funnier...

Rift Disciple

mickoneko #1 healer NA, he can even out heal the warden bro in inq yo.

Kronos I am put in so many teams with no idea that it doesn't take long to see It's going to be a loss, so I leave. Trion made it that there is no point in getting favor anymore so why stay when Im in there for my random dailys/Guns weekly and only need a win? Prestige I'm capped so it's pointless staying in one sided matches that Trion can't even out because PM will always win over solo teams. You should see some of the kill counts in these one sided matches it's not odd to see a 60-10 match. Is that even? 6 to 1?
    I must of lost 15 in a row today. My % is down to 36.8% wins. If this system worked people should all be around 50%. But we don't want to make the PM groups cry now do we. Let them stuff up WF like they have CQ.
    Rift PVP is painful to play. Ever heard of that song "No Fun"?

Stop the rot Trion and make it all solo, do it to CQ as well as it has become a joke. Make weekends for PM if you have to but fix it or less and less people will PVP. You just have to look at the joke CQ has become to see that. If people are not on the PM side they just leave. Why you ask well people want a EVEN chance of winning not a one sided match that all PVP matches have become.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Elo clearly broken, his Elo should actually be -3k.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    Kronos I am put in so many teams with no idea that it doesn't take long to see It's going to be a loss, so I leave. Trion made it that there is no point in getting favor anymore so why stay when Im in there for my random dailys/Guns weekly and only need a win? Prestige I'm capped so it's pointless staying in one sided matches that Trion can't even out because PM will always win over solo teams. You should see some of the kill counts in these one sided matches it's not odd to see a 60-10 match. Is that even? 6 to 1?
    I must of lost 15 in a row today. My % is down to 36.8% wins. If this system worked people should all be around 50%. But we don't want to make the PM groups cry now do we. Let them stuff up WF like they have CQ.

Stop the rot Trion and make it all solo.
    Or in other words, your ELO is right where it belongs
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post

Stop the rot Trion and make it all solo, do it to CQ as well as it has become a joke. Make weekends for PM if you have to but fix it or less and less people will PVP. You just have to look at the joke CQ has become to see that. If people are not on the PM side they just leave. Why you ask well people want a EVEN chance of winning not a one sided match that all PVP matches have become.
    the players that should be complaining are the high ELO ones who's teams you get put on to be carried.

of all those players who have posted complaints about their ELO on these forums, you have the least reason to complain.
    if anything, your ELO should be even lower, to reflect your quitter nature.
    when the going gets hard, you take your ball and go home.
    you are not a pvper. pvpers pvp for the fun of pvping.
    you only pvp to be carried to a win. if you don't get a team that can carry you, you're gone.

it is players like you that are the reason I want ELO brackets on the queue. I don't want you on my team. I don't want you on the other team. I want you consigned to ELO hell with all the other afkers/quitters/bots.
    it is players like you that are the reason I want stronger ascended disgrace penalties.
    your presence in a match does not increase the "fun factor" for anyone. your presence is a net loss to any match you are in.

however, Trion disagrees and insists that I (and other, better, pvpers) carry you (and others like you) to an occasional win that you don't deserve.
    you have no reason to complain, the queue and ELO system as it currently stands is set up to your advantage.

Plane Walker

Oh nice, finally someone with a lower ELO than me! We should team up. Then we can quit WFs together. I quit all antechambers, though, and most ghars. I'm not sure what's your policy on those.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    the players that should be complaining are the high ELO ones who's teams you get put on to be carried.

of all those players who have posted complaints about their ELO on these forums, you have the least reason to complain.
    if anything, your ELO should be even lower, to reflect your quitter nature.
    when the going gets hard, you take your ball and go home.
    you are not a pvper. pvpers pvp for the fun of pvping.
    you only pvp to be carried to a win. if you don't get a team that can carry you, you're gone.

it is players like you that are the reason I want ELO brackets on the queue. I don't want you on my team. I don't want you on the other team. I want you consigned to ELO hell with all the other afkers/quitters/bots.
    it is players like you that are the reason I want stronger ascended disgrace penalties.
    your presence in a match does not increase the "fun factor" for anyone. your presence is a net loss to any match you are in.

however, Trion disagrees and insists that I (and other, better, pvpers) carry you (and others like you) to an occasional win that you don't deserve.
    you have no reason to complain, the queue and ELO system as it currently stands is set up to your advantage.
    Thing is, you just made a further point to completely seperate PMs from solo ques. The PMs are complaining about being paired with crap solo players, so the separation would fix this, and the solo players are complaining about being put against PMs, this would also get fixed.

I see nothing wrong with PMs going only against PMs. if the que time gets too long for them, they can always drop group and solo que whereas a solo player can not always do a group que cause his / her regular team mates are not on or are not available to PvP at the time. You can further argue that a solo player can join a pug group, but then as your group wins go up you get put against the real PMs and you are back to square one of pugs vs PMs.
    Last edited by Shouku; 05-16-2015 at 10:33 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast