+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rewards offered!

Rift Disciple

Default Rewards offered!

I'm talking about individual rewards for completing objectives in war fronts. I mean, huge rewards like 1000 abysmal marks for capturing the flags, etc. NOT the worthless gear or pvp currency, but great rewards.

Every wf has one or more objectives the team needs to win in order to win the match, right? There's always just one or two players that understand this simple fact, right?

Make it totally worth their time to show some initiative and broadcast it to the entire wf when it happens.

I guarantee the action will change for the best.

You are tapping into the core issue with the entire games PvP. Why do people need a massive reward to play a rule set properly and achieve a win in a video game? For 10 years I saw people capture flags because they won games, not because they were rewarded additionally.

Because then you slowly have a crowd who works the system and just goes through the actions for the reward. You won win. You'll have goofs at the Vault capping it, letting it get recapped, then capping it again and again.

I know MMO's don't feel like doing things this way, but if they ever want to prove to themselves that their PvP is worthy. They will find a way to make it stand on its own feet while being virtually void of most rewards.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

The reward offered to playing the objectives is winning.
    Serale@Faeblight

Rift Disciple

The first reward for playing something should be the enjoyement for playing something entertaining.
    If there is no enjoyement but only material rewards then it will be what Rift pvp is for a pver: another boring repetitive chore to be dealt with.

Rather than adding boulders to the mercenary mindset mountain, suggest ways of making people:
    -see the potential fun in pvp;
    -have actual fun in pvp.

+ Reply to Thread