+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: at what point will ELO affect warfronts in a positive way? if ever at all?

Rift Disciple

Default at what point will ELO affect warfronts in a positive way? if ever at all?

So my elo is mostly decided by the pvp i am placed in and with whom even if i do everything good in pvp i can still die lose and join a wf 30 seconds to end with 950 - 100 with most of team afk or left and healers given up the fight if there are any to begin with.

is only so much i can do to avoid cc and being focused while also trying to particpate and play objectives.

most warfronts i join is same thing cc breakfree/other stun break ability 2minutes cd on both
    cc reaver inq pyro mm dead
    respawn run objectives get cc asassin/nb fight my way to complete objective or kill assassin if lucky before their friends arrive get no heals or cleanses.

i know i ll swap and now i play healer

marked as healer interupt interupt interupt my team abandon me yet cry if they receive no heals whilst being oor los or letting me get ganged on and constantly energy starved by dom or sin/nb interupted stuneed cced and killed

i do everything i can as a player to survive, kill and win but 99% is out of my control and nothing i do affects outcome.

am forced to play with ppl i don t know or want to know quite often and who expect me to know their thoughts and plans without telling me. i give up typing in wfs i do what i know works or can work to win the wf.

apparently my elo will get so low despite my effort and determination eventually and everyones elo will adjust to certain numbers where wfs will work again?

wfs seem to encourage ppl to get a good start and good team or give up. i do everything i can to learn for myself and teach ppl if in a losing wf but is like i am on my own fighting my team aswell as the opposition if any one in my team is even doing anything.

so is elo going to do anything in the long run?

another day of banging my head against a wall in pvp hoping things might get better.

has anyone noticed anything different since elo arrived? or has their lower or higher elo made any difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Disillusionment View Post

has anyone noticed anything different since elo arrived? or has their lower or higher elo made any difference?
    ELO is in this game since months if not even years !! 3.2 only shows your ELO.

Guys pls read the forum before you make posts like this .

My bet is on, you are not even close as good as you think you are OR you are good but just have a bad streak and cant grasp the diff between a lose streak and the state of pvp right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Rift Disciple

i pvped before 3 and 3.2 and before elo rating was shown. before pyro, reaver and several fotms

you want ppl be constructive?

tell us how we should be feeding back......

and link what post out of many about elo all saying differing things i must read. i don t check forums everyday and only see recent or bumped posts or any i can find through advanced search.

i am sure i could be better at pvp, i try to take time and learn from losing warfronts not just afk or leave.

i did nt say i was good at pvp i think i am not bad, but i do the objectives, get geared and test specs myself, learn how to win who is playing what and which roles do what.

But when skill and ability and anything else i have counts for nought, what does it matter how good i am?

What in your opinion counts as an acceptable losing streak then?

13 loss-draw-0 win

5-1

3-1

100-1?
    Last edited by Disillusionment; 05-11-2015 at 07:30 PM. Reason: repeated lines and misgrammar

First of all, Dev posts > all when it comes down to raw info about ingame systems, like ELO.
    (Ocho was posting how ELO is working a few weeks back, maybe not that easy to find but a lot of ppl allready repost it)

And Win/Lose doesnt mean...... since its only tracked since 3.2 . Im around 50/50 or even more in the negativ aroun 40% right now, but im still in the ++ with my elo (3k+ if it matters)

Elo isnt more then " Who is on my team"/"Who is on the other side" and the average ELO of that teams. If you cant push your team for a win, but can kill xy 1vs1 it wont push your ELO no matter how good you are (or think you are) nad it wont even push it if you win, if the average ELO is on/around your LvL.

Or in short ELO isnt changing anything because if, it allready has, and just because you see a % number doesnt mean you are good/bad or anything. its just a bad version of a K/D for now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

Shield of Telara

Elo 150 pro right here.
    Ezuen@Faeblight<Godlike Awesomeness> lvl 65 p100 warrior
    aka "The Healing Warrior" (before it was cool)

Quote Originally Posted by oddiescell View Post
    Elo 150 pro right here.
    exuen v pro
    Myred & Associates, a Deepwood PLLC
    dba TedCrooz@Deepwood; Mjirth@Deepwood
    Keeper of the Corgi Mask < -Hello Kitty- >
    #SeastoneBestStone, but never forget #DeepwoodBestWood

RIFT's PvP is awful for an ELO system, I have a hard time understanding why they would implement it if they're not supporting actual competitive PvP. Support 3v3's and 5v5's if you want to actually have an ELO system, specially now that there's no PvP gear there is absolutely no excuse not to. Before people were concerned that they wouldn't be to progress with your gear, now the rewards can be entirely non-gear based with Achievements, Tittles, Portraits, Mounts and Wardrobe Cosmetics.

before pyro
    What's OP about Pyro exactly?

You don't need to answer, I already know that the answer is "Nothing".

Rift Disciple

i was referring to when pyro was fotm in pvp not now.

When pyro updates came in towards end of storm legion, they if played right are pretty good still in pvp imo, especially if working closely with an inq or dom by their side.

pyro was one and now reaver is fotm

i could of listed warlord etc and others when they were fotm

those were just examples i remembered

ELO means nothing in this game, I could honestly care less what it is. 816 atm and it was 775 when ELO was shown to the masses...176 W/142 L with only running about 10% of those games with a PM. I don't claim to be the best, but I hold my own. When you get into previously started games and are guaranteed the loss when you had no input on how the match was played but still get the loss there bs is broken. It's just a joke honestly... I've seen better players with sub-2k elo than some of those post 3k... It means natta. People get there panties all twisted when that number props up there Ego.
    "TO PRO PHYS HEALS FOR JUUUU"

(Vanilla: Spongey@Keenblade "Nexilis")
    (Nightmare Tide: Excuse@Deepwood

I just want to know if there are games happening where the even the winning team isn't running all over the place aimlessly. I will lay off Elo if someone can tell me its all games are like that now. Game after game for me, NOBODY stands and fights. They just go, random directions.

edit: I was trying to heal so it was a bit annoying...
    Last edited by Bliter; 05-12-2015 at 10:21 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

i was referring to when pyro was fotm in pvp not now.

When pyro updates came in towards end of storm legion, they if played right are pretty good still in pvp imo, especially if working closely with an inq or dom by their side.

pyro was one and now reaver is fotm

i could of listed warlord etc and others when they were fotm

those were just examples i remembered
    Oh yeah. That was a great time. A whole 2-3 weeks, maybe a month of being a real glass cannon for once.

I would have rather preferred Pyro to stay crappy. It just added more coal to the already intense fire of hatred toward Pyro.
    The most hated spec in PvP in the history of Rift.
    No matter how bad it can be.

+ Reply to Thread