+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Constructive Idea: Add Vengeance to offset PVE gear

  1. #1
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default Constructive Idea: Add Vengeance to offset PVE gear

    Just a thought.


    Adding vengeance (not valor) to PVP gained gear in small amounts on each piece would equalize the stat-deficient PVP gear to PVE gear. I'm sure there is an equation that works.

    For example. 1 wisdom/strength/dex, etc... is actually worth .03 vengeance. I'm probably way off, but there IS a math formula that works.

    In this way, PVP players could PVP and gain the SAME fairness of gear as a PVE player wearing their raid gear, up to the ceiling max currently set for PVE gear.

    Trion could use their same upgrading formula so that they won't lose money and have another mechanic to make money for pvp players to upgrade this PVP gear to its max level vengeance. Just make it upgradable with marks and stones, so the same lure for players to buy boosts exists for the PVP gear just like it does for the PVE gear currently.

    Also, you COULD NOT use this gear in PVE and be equal to a PVE raider in raid gear, since vengeance is useless in PVE. That is to say, since the base normal stats would be the same, that same PVP gear would allow a PVP player to enter PVE and be as they are currently, so we aren't taking away from the PVP gear allowing players who PVP to utilize it in beginning PVE content.


    *This is inspired because the average player HAS TO spend most of their time doing NTE's and Raiding to get gear for PVP'ing. While Trion encourages us to do every aspect of the game, why does a casual player have to spend 80% of the game doing content they don't want to do, to spend only 20% enjoying the content they actually want to do.

    In reverse, it does not take a PVE'r that long to win the daily pvp marks since it is a given you get the reward. Doing PVE you are looking at not just marks but the actual gear, which is RNG. Admittedly, the PVE side is a huge grind, and thus, to get EQUAL gear for pvp'ing at no disadvantage, players who want to primarily pvp are forced to primarily NOT pvp to gain equal advantage.

    Please consider adding just vengeance to pvp gear to offset the tiers of pve with upgradable options which should be upgradable only at certain pvp ranks. Would give a reason to have a pvp rank as well.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    solid idea. but ussual response would be that gear is gear and there is no pve and pvp gear.some people even think its a wise answer.
    nothing has been done to gear equalisation in WFs even after 6+ months from release. should we stop talking about it than? NO.
    ALL that PvP players want is to be at parse with any other gear existing in game when it comes to Instanced PvP. and we also dare to ask that this gear is obtained via PvP.

  3. #3
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    solid idea. but ussual response would be that gear is gear and there is no pve and pvp gear.some people even think its a wise answer.
    nothing has been done to gear equalisation in WFs even after 6+ months from release. should we stop talking about it than? NO.
    ALL that PvP players want is to be at parse with any other gear existing in game when it comes to Instanced PvP. and we also dare to ask that this gear is obtained via PvP.
    Last I check, most of the gear can be gained using Fragments of Horror that PvP gives away like candies and the rest come from nightmare rifts that everyone need to go thru or Dreambreaker gear with their redonkulous amount of tertiary stats.

  4. #4
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    check again.

    p.s. (ill get 1h T1shop weapon next week ..25k frags...yeyeye)

  5. #5
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sekirach View Post
    check again.

    p.s. (ill get 1h T1shop weapon next week ..25k frags...yeyeye)
    Well I just checked again and I found the same result.

    Most of the gear can be gained with Fragments of Horror which PvP gives away like candies.
    The rest is Dreambreaker gear with their uber Tertiary stats and essences/seal can be gained from Nightmare Rifts that everyone needs to go through.

  6. #6
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    Do this...then the next idea....and soon you will come full circle to a similar system of gearing that they destroyed.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  7. #7
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    lots of pvpers have slots filled in with t1 gear, you'd piss off a lot of people
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  8. #8
    Ascendant Baramos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,594

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Just a thought.


    Adding vengeance (not valor) to PVP gained gear in small amounts on each piece would equalize the stat-deficient PVP gear to PVE gear. I'm sure there is an equation that works.
    I posted the same thing a half a year ago but it never picked up any steam.

    Just found it, noticed you were in that thread as well trying to come up with solutions.

    "1. Bring back Vengeance
    2. Have the max Prestige rank give us a Crystal with bonus Vengeance for each non bolstered piece of armor in an amount that will equal enough spell power/attack power to reach the stat ceiling allowed in Conquest/Warfronts. This will help both instanced and non instanced pvp and give a carrot to reach max Prestige Rank and it won't be something that the dragonslayers will have to do for their PvE. It will also give PvP players a way to reach the PvP ceiling by PvPing only.
    3. ?
    4. Profit"
    Last edited by Baramos; 05-12-2015 at 11:32 AM.
    MMO VAULT (Video Game Music) ➜ https://www.youtube.com/c/VideoGameMusicSoundtrack

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Well I just checked again and I found the same result.

    Most of the gear can be gained with Fragments of Horror which PvP gives away like candies.
    The rest is Dreambreaker gear with their uber Tertiary stats and essences/seal can be gained from Nightmare Rifts that everyone needs to go through.
    Depending on your usage of coin gain, patron status or not, you can be roughly 80% behind other people in your simple statement of "its like candy." Which its not anyways.

    And thus you have those in full raid gear doing pvp, and those behind said players in full pvp gear who took the quicker, paid path.


    Honestly your defense of this pretty much tells me you are wearing raid gear, am I not correct? I dont really care if you have 2 pieces of dreambreaker gear. I'm asking if you are sporting raid gear.

    At any rate the current game mechanics have people way across the board in equality in pvp. If you would like you could do the math to figure out how far behind someone without patron status and token 160% gain is from someone who paid to have. Let me know when you finish so we don't have to debate and have a solid, factual answer.

  10. #10
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Depending on your usage of coin gain, patron status or not, you can be roughly 80% behind other people in your simple statement of "its like candy." Which its not anyways.

    And thus you have those in full raid gear doing pvp, and those behind said players in full pvp gear who took the quicker, paid path.


    Honestly your defense of this pretty much tells me you are wearing raid gear, am I not correct? I dont really care if you have 2 pieces of dreambreaker gear. I'm asking if you are sporting raid gear.

    At any rate the current game mechanics have people way across the board in equality in pvp. If you would like you could do the math to figure out how far behind someone without patron status and token 160% gain is from someone who paid to have. Let me know when you finish so we don't have to debate and have a solid, factual answer.
    If all you do is pvp and nothing else you suffer but now that you are earning two sets of marks it is easier to get some t2 and t1 at the same rate. Like for instance I just got gloves for t2 on second character and have enough marks to get my t1 helm as well. Just make sure you do your dungeons and warfronts dailies and you will have mix of t1 and t2 in no time at all. Gear progression isn't a problem. It is matchmaking which is still the biggest problem. And even if gear was problem they can fix it through bolstering without touching gear at all. And if they were to just work on the stat sheet and not the gear slot with bolstering things would be easier to deal with but Trion so...
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-12-2015 at 11:24 AM.

  11. #11
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    42

    Default

    This suggestion makes too much sense, Trion would never implement it.

    There is no PvP gear, only raid gear. And it's pretty much best in slot for everything.
    Anva/Daliza

  12. #12
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Well I just checked again and I found the same result.

    Most of the gear can be gained with Fragments of Horror which PvP gives away like candies.
    The rest is Dreambreaker gear with their uber Tertiary stats and essences/seal can be gained from Nightmare Rifts that everyone needs to go through.
    hm...7x50 + 4x300 is..with trions math skills flat 2.5k a week. you need 20 weeks (or credit card for a day) for two handed thats not even BiS for PvP. about droping candies - this is my only association

    make T0 gear. allow T0 gear to be best in slot for PvP. make T1 to T7 set for whatever else you want to do. make T7 set equal to T0 in instanced PvP. end of QQ.

  13. #13
    Rift Disciple almarean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    124

    Default

    Laughing so hard @how history is repeating itself. I hoped they would bring the pvp gear back.
    But I think they have to much pride to admit they made a mistake.. (even though every one knew it was a mistake before they implemented it.)

    *btw with they I mean jesus Christmas our Lord and saviour

  14. #14
    Rift Chaser Fopod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Wrastion View Post
    Honestly your defense of this pretty much tells me you are wearing raid gear, am I not correct? I dont really care if you have 2 pieces of dreambreaker gear. I'm asking if you are sporting raid gear.
    Nope, you are incorrect.
    Most of the gear I wear on my 2 main characters DPS sets are Dreambreaker, NMR5 essences and the few raid pieces I bought with marks I got from weeklies and daily charges.

    Most of my raid drop gear is tank gear because that's what I raid has on 1 of my character, the other one isn't raiding and still...
    I am certainly not 80% behind anyone in PvP.
    I'm pretty much at 95% of the BiS gear I can get for PvP on 2 characters.

  15. #15
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    Nope, you are incorrect.
    Most of the gear I wear on my 2 main characters DPS sets are Dreambreaker, NMR5 essences and the few raid pieces I bought with marks I got from weeklies and daily charges.

    Most of my raid drop gear is tank gear because that's what I raid has on 1 of my character, the other one isn't raiding and still...
    I am certainly not 80% behind anyone in PvP.
    I'm pretty much at 95% of the BiS gear I can get for PvP on 2 characters.
    On the most basest of levels, if you have no raid gear (dps wise it sounds like), yet are against simply equalizing pvp gear to pve gear, and you are mostly pvp geared? You are either lying, or love being at a disadvantage?

    My statement simply drew out your lack of common sense. Unless of course you are telling me you love grinding everything, because that is exactly what you are saying?

    Also, the fact you are raiding also means you most likely have all the top gear from pve NTE's and some raid gear, so you don't really qualify for answering anything in this forum with less then a biased opinion. You are already better geared them most pure pvp players. My suggestion simply places pvp players on equal footing, after gaining proper ranks, with pve gear. That's it. Can't even take that pvp gear and go pve efficiently with it. What's the jealousy issue then about?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts