+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Riane

Thread: Anyone else play Oracle in PVP?

Default Anyone else play Oracle in PVP?

I used to play my mage and run chloro 99% of the time. I'm on the fence of whether or not chloro is still worth getting beat down with no protection from the DPS afking at the spawn point or not.

So I've been playing Oracle (I'll switch to shaman or inq if we already have a bard or defiler if a healer is needed) and it's a blast. The debuffing is helpful along with the run speed buff for the team or armor/resist. The Discerning Wave is a complete joke ability, does nothing in PVP BUT make the other team backpeddle away. I think many don't know what the ability is or else they'd just stand through it.

You're never top damage done or top KB's but it's fun and you're helping the team. I just wish Oracle gave more HPS than it does, more in line with a bard.
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 05-11-2015 at 12:57 PM. Reason: Cupcakey is a good editor and 15 hours shifts OP
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Wave of Renewal is Warden, you mean Discerning Wave.

I just wish Oracle gave more HPS than it does, more in line with a bard.
    Oracle is shielding (Insignia of Protection), Bard is healing.
    Last edited by Riane; 05-11-2015 at 12:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Wave of Renewal is Warden, you mean Discerning Wave.

Oracle is shielding (Insignia of Protection), Bard is healing.
    You're right on the Discerning Wave. I blame 15 hours shifts last few days XD

The shielding is so nerfed in PVP, wish we could do more healing. I'm saying, for both being support specs, Oracle's shielding is subpar compared to Bard's healing output, especially with the Ascended Biology mastery.
    Last edited by Meaghanne; 05-11-2015 at 01:00 PM.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    The shielding is so nerfed in PVP, wish we could do more healing. I'm saying, for both being support specs, Oracle's shielding is subpar compared to Bard's healing output, especially with the Ascended Biology mastery.
    You can make a Warden-based spec and rely on Emblem of Alacrity combined with either Icy Cascade, Overflowing Renewal, and Healing Cataract to do some extra "healing" and there's also Glacial Mark (albeit a 1 minute CD.)

Rift Disciple

http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...pfaYkGFWgEw/nf
    Was a nice oracle-specc at lvl 60
    A little bit nerfed but still funny

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    You can make a Warden-based spec and rely on Emblem of Alacrity combined with either Icy Cascade, Overflowing Renewal, and Healing Cataract to do some extra "healing" and there's also Glacial Mark (albeit a 1 minute CD.)
    I agree with this. Nonetheless, I don't think Oracle has a real place in PVP at the moment. It would be a detriment to a team. In fact, playing straight Oracle would probably be selfish.
    @Greybriar

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Meaghanne View Post
    I used to play my mage and run chloro 99% of the time. I'm on the fence of whether or not chloro is still worth getting beat down with no protection from the DPS afking at the spawn point or not.

So I've been playing Oracle (I'll switch to shaman or inq if we already have a bard or defiler if a healer is needed) and it's a blast. The debuffing is helpful along with the run speed buff for the team or armor/resist. The Discerning Wave is a complete joke ability, does nothing in PVP BUT make the other team backpeddle away. I think many don't know what the ability is or else they'd just stand through it.

You're never top damage done or top KB's but it's fun and you're helping the team. I just wish Oracle gave more HPS than it does, more in line with a bard.
    Bard is awesome. I know a few bring up oracle shielding but its really pathetic. It offers like a few k at best in pvp with all its shields up and it isn't continuous. Bard and its hybrid with NB is so much better than oracle and its hybrids. It just is. Also, it has better utility. a proper mez on the right player does more damage reduction than the pathetic shielding of oracle.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-13-2015 at 08:26 AM.

Just a quick question from a Bard, when I see an Oracle in my match on my team, what group buffs should I use/not use. I am in a hybrid Bard spec for boosts to heals and my focus is that over group buffs so I am ok with adjusting my ability use if someone else has something better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hailolyergory View Post
    All, Please nerf paper it is too strong, but leave scissors alone they are fine.
    Yours Truly,
    Rock.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jackytheripper View Post
    http://rift.magelo.com/en/soultree#l...pfaYkGFWgEw/nf
    Was a nice oracle-specc at lvl 60
    A little bit nerfed but still funny
    Yes, I've also been playing a 41ora/31sham/4inq for a while at 60 (not exactly same points however, might not change much). The ST burst is amazing, 10s of criting glacial insignia + other bonus every minute, kill 1 to 3 people in a row.
    Now that inq has been buffed, it's less competitive.

There's also a fabulous ora/cab hybrid for CQ.

And a 44ora/12justicar/other for groups, kind of old icar spec, more funny than efficient.

However, I've never played a 61ora in pvp. I find the deepest root talents close to useless.

+ Reply to Thread