+ Reply to Thread

Thread: P.V.P Perfect In Every Way ..... (>.<)

Soulwalker

Thumbs up P.V.P Perfect In Every Way ..... (>.<)

After the last major release by removing a set gear for P.V.P and allowing all P.V.E gear to be used in its place you have pretty much narrowed P.V.P down for those who raid. At one some point of Rift life we jumped in to a war front and tried to have are way with another player, If that time be now or in the past with " actually" P.V.P gear the same problem existed then and now. That problem is the Qing System its not the gear ... or the dam player ... its your Qing system. You Qing od based on level there is no gear based system and the number one reason it probably dose not exist is that we complained so much about sitting waiting we want to jump instantly in to pvp which has given us this.

What I mean by a Gear Based Q system is taking every one of this range level X to X and grouping by well you guessed it there gear... That can easily be achieved by giving the gear a rating 1-5,5-10 ect.... Keeping players in there level and in Gear Based system I am sure the P.V.P would in return be 10 times better and the outcomes even more fun.

As of right now the only thing pvp dose towards gear is boosting you to = a base amount other then that .... nothing and when it comes down to it better gear aint got ..... on that little bonus.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Master27 View Post

As of right now the only thing pvp dose towards gear is boosting you to = a base amount other then that .... nothing and when it comes down to it better gear aint got ..... on that little bonus.
    I'm not even sure what you are even on about.

There is a gear ceiling and a gear floor. There is about half a tiers worth of difference between the two. Very similar to the gearing differences between the old systems bottom tier, and top tier.

The difference is it's actually faster to gear to the ceiling of this new tier, then the other. However with this new system, there are several very significant holes. Such as certain pieces of T1.5-2 gear being BiS despite being downbolstered. Such as Gloves (Which are actually a dps gain to have downbolstered as opposed to T1 Runed.) and possibly weapons in some niche cases (Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't believe I am too far off) a rogue's Bow/Gun's Stats are standardized through downbolstering, but the weapon dps persists. If it holds true similarly to downbolstered t2 gloves, the weapon would keep it's weapon based DPS, and have stats that are competitive, if uncontrolled (Bolstering provides a large mix of PC/AP/CP, rather then just one secondary stat), making the higher tier bow the better choice.

Just musings added on top of the OP which I am unsure if and what he's actually saying.

They actually lowered to bolster floor, after certain PVPers complained about the lack of hand-holding in choosing WF box gear for upgrades.
    Fusscle of Cheat Engine

+ Reply to Thread