+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 61
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Whats everybody's pvp win percentage?

  1. #1
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    36

    Default Whats everybody's pvp win percentage?

    honestly. no cheating.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    346

    Default

    47-warrior; 56-rogue; 33-cleric; dont play on mage.

  3. #3
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

  4. #4
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    9

    Default

    The stats mean absolutely nothing because half my losses came because i got put on teams in the end of the match where the other team was winning 900 to 300 or something like that. I've had a good number of WF's where I get in and 3 seconds later the match is lost.

    So to me, the pvp stats are totally useless because we have little control over whether we win or lose.

    Also, WF's are greatly unbalanced because they constantly allow players to leave and enter every second of the WF. Not only that but many of the WF's in rift aren't built for 30 players (15 each side). The system seems to balance out the teams at the start of the match but 3 to 5 minutes into the match, you can end up with a lot of new players joining and it almost always seems like one side's new players are top pvpers and it causes one team to be stacked against another in terms of skill and gear.

    So for me, PVP is just about the fun of competing. Anything concerning stats is totally pointless.
    Last edited by Kymanol; 05-11-2015 at 06:13 AM.

  5. #5
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    The OP didn't post his.

  6. #6
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    4,004

    Default

    On most my toons the system tries to keep it 50-50, to the point of me being 56-56-3 on my cleric that heals 50% of the time and dps's 50% of the time.

    Although as of late on my warrior (playing reaver), I'll decimate most players in the 60-64 rankings and I went 1-15 recently. My losses on my cleric, as well, picked up the pace since I was around 51-43-3 and had a ton of losses in a row. Admittedly I'm not going for objectives since I'm the main dps (So really others should pick up the objectives and I dps for efficiency so that's not bad really), but we still lose.

    I think they are tweaking the MM in the background and screwing things up more personally. Could just be luck though.
    Last edited by Wrastion; 05-11-2015 at 11:58 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    92-70-2 (56.1%) ELO of 642
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  8. #8
    Ascendant Zehne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,443

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kymanol View Post
    The system seems to balance out the teams at the start of the match but 3 to 5 minutes into the match, you can end up with a lot of new players joining

    my #1 Fav Karthan Strat:
    Dominate in the first 2minutes and establish a lead(blow up 1-2 cores).

    Then when it inevitably turns into a 15v15, if your team is now severely outclassed, turtle until win.
    If your teams are matched, you can attempt a 3rd core, or turtle until win.

    The reason for this strat is b/c for whatever reason most the karthans I get in, start at 5-7 players. Then a few minutes in they always end up 15v15. Everyone knows that once a karthan reaches 15v15, blowing up cores is nigh impossible even if your team completely dominates.

    Also, mine hangs slightly under 50%.

    From my understanding of the ELO system, the only thing it actually does 'right' is achieving a 50% W:L for the majority of players.

    I believe the Dev's stated that ELO is a measure of 'your ability to win games'.

    Put the two together, and you get that:
    ELO='the measure of how much the queue system is going to hate you'

  9. #9
    Ascendant Artewig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    3,873

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zehne View Post
    From my understanding of the ELO system, the only thing it actually does 'right' is achieving a 50% W:L for the majority of players.

    I believe the Dev's stated that ELO is a measure of 'your ability to win games'.

    Put the two together, and you get that:
    ELO='the measure of how much the queue system is going to hate you'
    Mine doesn't really match your formula. Overall, the queue system hasn't been too terrible, as my win percentage shows, but my ELO shows otherwise.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

  10. #10
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    23

    Default

    The match-making system tries to force a 50% W/L rate. Regardless of how well u perform, if you solo queue, regardless of 10000 games or 100 you will likely be forced into a ~50% W/L.

    Pre-mades and sub-65 solo queuer's seem to have differing numbers. But the bulk of us should be in the ~50% W/L category.

    I am currently sitting at ~53% with ~200 games played.

    The thing I don't understand is how people get into 10+ games of losses. Back to back.
    Either they are ghosts in the ELOL matchmaking system or they queue in the oddest of off-time hours.

  11. #11
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    69

    Default

    Ive been on losing streaks before.

    Its usually easier to obtain a losing streak by getting put into losing matches back to back.

    I saw this being implemented in another game:

    - Autobalancing turns OFF (no new players) when game is 80% complete (points or time)
    - Allow to 'volunteer' to get put into the losing team where you get better rewards if you manage to turn it around. If not enough people volunteer, its back to the random allocation pool.

  12. #12
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ruupi View Post
    Ive been on losing streaks before.

    Its usually easier to obtain a losing streak by getting put into losing matches back to back.

    I saw this being implemented in another game:

    - Autobalancing turns OFF (no new players) when game is 80% complete (points or time)
    - Allow to 'volunteer' to get put into the losing team where you get better rewards if you manage to turn it around. If not enough people volunteer, its back to the random allocation pool.
    Oh man that sounds awesome. I would love to volunteer.

    They could just give regular random queue rewards without the daily limit. Just as long as you get nothing for a loss still.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Violacea's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    12,128

    Default

    83% after the last 90 games .
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

  14. #14
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    1,058

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by backwoodss View Post
    The match-making system tries to force a 50% W/L rate. Regardless of how well u perform, if you solo queue, regardless of 10000 games or 100 you will likely be forced into a ~50% W/L.

    Pre-mades and sub-65 solo queuer's seem to have differing numbers. But the bulk of us should be in the ~50% W/L category.

    I am currently sitting at ~53% with ~200 games played.

    The thing I don't understand is how people get into 10+ games of losses. Back to back.
    Either they are ghosts in the ELOL matchmaking system or they queue in the oddest of off-time hours.
    It tries to get the same amount of average Elo on both sides. But let us say I have an old toon that I decided to play and it is in mostly bolstered gear but have an Elo of 3000. It will use that Elo to average my team and place me as a carry non stop... so I can just lose non stop, get placed in autoloss 5/10 times etc. although someone with 200 Elo can win 50%+ of the time and get autowins. I have maybe got 5 autowins in like 6 months of pvp on my main and I get an autoloss 3/10 sometimes even more depends on when I queue.
    Last edited by Planetx; 05-12-2015 at 11:52 AM.

  15. #15
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    403

    Default

    My stat... Was 2.3k when I 1st could see xD

    http://i.imgur.com/xPW7uhL.jpg
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts