+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Five common sense rules for getting heals in a pug WF.

Default Five common sense rules for getting heals in a pug WF.

Since heals in the WF is always a hot topic, I thought I would write this common sense guide on how to get heals while in the WF.

1.) Do not berate the healers.

This is the fastest way to get ostracized by the healers. Healers are already the focus of the opposition, and they don't need verbal fire from their teammates. I promise the best way to turn people off from healing in the WF is by being rude to them. And I also promise if you are rude to your healers many of them will go to great lengths to avoid healing you.

2.) You are not special and you don't deserve a pocket healer.

If you want a pocket healer than get a buddy to do it. If you don't have a healing pvp buddy try making friends with one you see pugging. But do not expect some random pug healer to follow you around and heal you simply because you think you are badass and deserve your own private healer. To get heals you may have to holster your lone wolf style and work with the group.

3.) Be mindful of range and line of sight.

There are various factors in the WF that influence positioning and movement, but when considering your movement in combat don't forget that you need to be in range and line of sight of your healers to receive heals. If you have several dots on you, then their heals maybe the only thing keeping you alive.

4.) Don't toe the line, and don't be a *****.

Your healers should not be your front line defense: Grow a set and get in there and fight. You may be the first to die, but on the initial clash of two opposing groups the one that generally wins is the one that doesn't sacrifice it healers to the front line.

5.) Be your own healer

The easiest way to get more heals into the WF is to heal yourself. Every class can now heal; as such, there is no reason that anyone joining the WF cannot go heals themselves. Also, if you play a glass cannon spec don't expect the healers to make up for your lack of survivability.

I verbally abuse healers, get no heals in result, and slip away to continue my trash talk of how I had to slip away because they can't heal.
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Default Hiding behind the healers!

Don't toe the line, and don't be a *****.

Your healers should not be your front line defense: Grow a set and get in there and fight. You may be the first to die, but on the initial clash of two opposing groups the one that generally wins is the one that doesn't sacrifice it healers to the front line.
    Totally agree with you on this point specifically and in general with the things you said.

Many times I have had mages and especially rouges hiding behind me. A few times I even got a TANK!! hiding behind me when I do heals (what is the point of playing a tank spec in this kind of situation)?

Quote Originally Posted by thunder 1 View Post
    (what is the point of playing a tank spec in this kind of situation)?
    Don't you know anything about tanks? They are most effective when they're at least 35m away from their target.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Quote Originally Posted by Artewig View Post
    Don't you know anything about tanks? They are most effective when they're at least 35m away from their target.
    Standing behind a healer? Because I believe that is what he or she is driving at; that is is a bit much when a tank is hiding behind a healer. In fact that part you cut out is a from, "A few times I even got a TANK!! hiding behind me when I do heals (what is the point of playing a tank spec in this kind of situation)?"

His or her post did not even seem to be about tanks range fighting; you really kind of just took that out of context.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Standing behind a healer? Because I believe that is what he or she is driving at; that is is a bit much when a tank is hiding behind a healer. In fact that part you cut out is a from, "A few times I even got a TANK!! hiding behind me when I do heals (what is the point of playing a tank spec in this kind of situation)?"

His or her post did not even seem to be about tanks range fighting; you really kind of just took that out of context.
    *sarcasm flies over head*
    Dogkin@seastone<the cult> - RIP <wipe>
    Dogkin@vigil <Dawn of Terror>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wing man View Post
    Women in pvp are a rare breed compared to your average soccer mom grinding mats for her children.

Quote Originally Posted by evelen View Post
    *sarcasm flies over head*
    You are right I did miss that one; mainly because I have seen range tank specs in PvP before.
    Last edited by Jeremiahcp; 05-10-2015 at 02:56 PM.

Rule #6: No peels = no heals.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

I only wish the so-called potatoes realized I was a healer and not the IDDQD of Rift.
    Last edited by IAlwaysDie; 05-10-2015 at 04:00 PM.

heals are for the weak.
    if you need heals, you are weak, and I will end you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I agree with everything except this one line:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiahcp View Post
    Every class can now heal; as such, there is no reason that anyone joining the WF cannot go heals themselves.
    Uh.... I would pretty much prefer the Mage to go dps than have 3-4 chloro heals.
    Serale@Faeblight

Telaran

Or, all the mages are dominators and then you wouldn't even need heals

I stand between the enemies and my healers, stay in range and LoS of them, do not insult or say anything negative to them, don't feel like I'm special and deserve more healing and I play a very highly defensive spec to allow the healers to have less to heal overall since I'm the one soaking most of the damage.

Guess what... I don't receive any heals from 95% of the healers.

Should make a guide on how to heal in PvP because most of the healers can't even do more than 3 APM and spend more time shielding the keyboard turning, backpedaling, clicking elementalist not attacking anyone and running circle than healing the top DPSers and those who are actually worth keeping alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fopod View Post
    I stand between the enemies and my healers, stay in range and LoS of them, do not insult or say anything negative to them, don't feel like I'm special and deserve more healing and I play a very highly defensive spec to allow the healers to have less to heal overall since I'm the one soaking most of the damage.

Guess what... I don't receive any heals from 95% of the healers.

Should make a guide on how to heal in PvP because most of the healers can't even do more than 3 APM and spend more time shielding the keyboard turning, backpedaling, clicking elementalist not attacking anyone and running circle than healing the top DPSers and those who are actually worth keeping alive.
    Who are you in-game? I'd heal you anyday. I find people that send a tell to me not necessarily thanking me for heals but for just saying hi I tend to pay attention to more when healing.

I play defiler quite a bit now vs. chloro on my mage. If I'm the only healer I have to decide who to put links on. If they're not an ****** to the rest of our team (verbal abuse) I'll link them and watch their position. If they overextend too much, they lose their link.
    Nurse on Faeblight ~ GL of Philanthropy
    www.philanthropy-community.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    CQ needs a enema.
    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Don't worry, I'm just trying out my new forum PvP macro. It's all good.

7)? Do the objectives.

Good healers generally focus on winning the game, which means if you're helping win the game, they'll 'focus' on you.
    Last edited by Zehne; 05-11-2015 at 11:29 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast