+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: To much CC in Warfronts

Soulwalker

Default To much CC in Warfronts

Why is there CC in warfronts? I don't understand why there is CC even in the game. Most CC isn't even usable in raid or dungeon situations. We are lucky if we get one healer in our group, and he spends more then half the fight CC or running back from dying while CC. It makes no sense that you can continually apply the same CC to the same target over and over. There should be immunity timers on the CC.

Now I know everyone will complain about how much healers heal for, but if people in warfronts would learn to assist it wouldn't matter. Only the best healers are out healing 3-4 peoples damage. That doesn't include classes that are already melee, and strong as hell, but then they stun you, then debilitate you and before 1 wears off you are already dead. Do they really need that ability? Seriously it needs removed. There is no reason for it in the game. Or give immunity timers.

We are already forced to play class/soul combo's we might not want to play because we have to be competitive, do we really need to be forced into specific souls to get CC to even the field? Do you really want cookie cutter class/soul combos running around? Why even have a soul system at all then?

CC is the best part of PvP, it separates the good players from the bad players. Players who can't manage offensive/defensive CC are what some players like to refer to as POTATOES.

I will grant you that some classes have some excessive CC abilities, but I think there is a general CC balance for MOST classes.
    Bigterj - <Grievance> - Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Kylune View Post
    Why is there CC in warfronts? I don't understand why there is CC even in the game. Most CC isn't even usable in raid or dungeon situations. We are lucky if we get one healer in our group, and he spends more then half the fight CC or running back from dying while CC. It makes no sense that you can continually apply the same CC to the same target over and over. There should be immunity timers on the CC.

Now I know everyone will complain about how much healers heal for, but if people in warfronts would learn to assist it wouldn't matter. Only the best healers are out healing 3-4 peoples damage. That doesn't include classes that are already melee, and strong as hell, but then they stun you, then debilitate you and before 1 wears off you are already dead. Do they really need that ability? Seriously it needs removed. There is no reason for it in the game. Or give immunity timers.

We are already forced to play class/soul combo's we might not want to play because we have to be competitive, do we really need to be forced into specific souls to get CC to even the field? Do you really want cookie cutter class/soul combos running around? Why even have a soul system at all then?
    There is a reason for it in warfronts. It's a utility. In my opinion, it would be quite boring without it. And there are immunity timers, except they generally last for the length of the CC so if you don't break free, you could very well be cc'd again when you come out of it. Being repeatedly cc'd can be annoying, but I hardly think that warrants it being removed.

As for your cookie cutter complaint, you are not forced to do anything. If you don't want to play something, then don't play it. If you would like to be able to CC, then play a spec with a CC. If you don't, then don't. If you removed CCs, then you would actually be pushing more people to "cookie cutter" specs because it would be more about damage than utility. The soul system exists so you can have some customization while still being successful. You can do just fine in pvp without using a single stun, root, interrupt. Those things just help you do better. If you don't like that your one healer is getting focused (3-4 dps on one healer will result in the same thing even without CC), then go heals as well. If you don't have the souls because they're paid, then join a warfront with a friend who can heal.

You're complaining about it because it's annoying, not because it doesn't serve a purpose. It's not going to get changed, so it's probably a good idea to figure out how to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse
    We are absolutely a service industry and you're only as good as your last contact with the customer.

Rift Chaser

Yep, giving a pyro an 8 sec root and a 4+6 second debil/stuns is completely fine.

Oh whats that, inqs get an 8 second PBAOE fear? Completely not broken, fellas!

I lost this game the other day because a lag spike hit and my controller didn't kick back into action for 3 seconds. The lag spike hit right during the opponents ultra start-up frames and I couldn't dodge what would have been an easy dodge. Instead I ate a massive damage move and died. Gee, soo skilled, I couldn't even move my toon and took damage while I had no control of my character.

Oh wait, that was bs lag. Funny how crappy lag sort of feels like normal CC. Not having control of your character on a regular basis is the best invention ever. It's skill-less and bs. At least when you put a player into a stun it was earned through a chain of hits without a drop...and it's a once in a match thing. Rift it is just littered all over. Every 12 seconds some sort of non-sense hits you. Or you get yanked across the screen, ported, can't move, player died because heal button turned grey for 5 seconds. So much fun!
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by Kylune View Post

seems quite clear you are referring to being CCed by a rogue.
    nice thing about rogues: they have less means of countering CC than any other class.

also, CC does have immunity timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

I always thought my melee CC was usually fine...

Ranged CC always seemed crazy in this game with it's TTK.
    Last edited by spaceboots; 05-09-2015 at 09:22 PM.

...We all have a mastery that reduces this.. And an ascended power cons. for the said subject as well..

Yea.. CC can be quite annoying, but if timed right and with skill, calculate the Dem.returns, you might discover something delightful. As for mage OP's(against them), you can forget finding this delight and be CC'd till Death swindles his way to the front of your Life line........................
    Escadora@RIFT Community
    An alluring and elegant Rogue...
    Very Important Figure
    -Slowing down Time and defeating the problem-

ranged cc does need a massive nerf in pvp, i still find it ridiculous how ranged specs can rival the burst of melee or even surpass it but yet in large have better mobility, cc and anti-cc. it really doesnt make much sense.

But then again a majority of players in pvp dont know how to use their cc's and will pop them when the opponent already has immunities.

Diminishing Returns is what this is called in wow. DR is something that needs looked at in this game as it feels really broken being ccd for extremely long periods of time (far longer durations than i have been ccd for in wow). However I do not feel there is to much cc in this game, I think the amount of cc is perfectly fine, possibly on the low end. The only problem I have with cc is how long you can be trapped in it. CC is necessary and important to the health of pvp, this game probably needs more cc than what it has just implemented in a more intelligent manner.

This is one of the only places I am for "dumbing" down the game. For the sake of clarity and balance I think that once drs have been looked into and fixed / improved upon, a Icon or symbol of some type that is large and hard to miss would be on the individual.

Example
    Large green dot = Not on Dr will take full duration of cc
    Large yellow dot = Target is on dr and will take 1/2 duration
    Large Red dot = Target is on dr and will take 1/4 duration
    Large Black dot = Target is immune to all forms of cc for the next 20 seconds, at the end his dot would become green again.

This would be visible on the enemy / friendly name plates for easy recognition. Also when making these changes I would create a very visible animation for break free so that it would be more easily noticed when it has been used.
    Open World PVP !
    Seastone = Beststone ! Seastone + YOU = Good Times !

two things I'd like to point out here:

1. no one is complaining about reavers CC in this thread. of all the supposedly OP souls at the moment, reavers are at the bottom of the list when the subject is CC.

2. you should try SWTOR - AKA StunWars - if you want to see what over the top CC is like. my sith assassin in that game has a mez with a full minute duration, in addition to a number of stuns/roots/knockbacks.

Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    two things I'd like to point out here:

1. no one is complaining about reavers CC in this thread. of all the supposedly OP souls at the moment, reavers are at the bottom of the list when the subject is CC.

2. you should try SWTOR - AKA StunWars - if you want to see what over the top CC is like. my sith assassin in that game has a mez with a full minute duration, in addition to a number of stuns/roots/knockbacks.
    lets face it :

1. a slow (minor nuisance at best, since everyone and their dog is ranged now), and a stun on a 45 sec CD. Thats very, VERY heavy CC, dont you agree?

2. This is rift, not SWTOR O_o

In principle CC is necessary in PVP to create skill difference and spec/build interest. That said, CC DR/timers should be clearly explained somewhere. Getting the right balance of CC power and variety is difficult. Right now I think that PvP is slightly too CC heavy, but not much.

Would be nice to have easy-to-find info on just how, exactly, the DR on CC works.
    Last edited by Faeruna; 05-10-2015 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Faeruna View Post
    Would be nice to have easy-to-find info on just how, exactly, the DR on CC works.
    Rift doesn't use DR as such (where subsequent CCs have reduced effects).

what is has is an immunity system, where you are either subject to the full effects (minus whatever talents/consumables you have in effect) or are completely immune.

if you have name plates turned on, you can see an icon next to the name plate of your target and yourself that shows if they are currently immune.

it isn't perfect - like everything else in Rift it is full of bugs - but imo its better than DR.

with ussual situation in warfronts that the side with more heals wins, id say we need a bit more CC. Or less heals.

but im afraid that if they try fixing it,it will end up a bit more broken than it was at begining.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast