+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 42
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Being Placed on losing teams...

  1. #1
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default Being Placed on losing teams...

    So just now, I decided to log on to play a few matches toward the weekly

    Game 1: Placed on losing team in Library - loss
    Game 2: Placed on already 4 capped losing dex - loss
    Games3: Placed on already 4 capped losing dex - ragequit because WTF

    Seriously WTF ?

    Why Am I being placed on losing team ? Why three in a row?

    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME !!!!

  2. #2
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    I think this exposes another weakness in Trions "Fail Your Way to Success" model of pvp.
    players don't keep queuing during losing streaks to take advantage of the free win the matchmaking eventually gives them.

    particularly in the OPs case, those losses were short and fast, probably all three done with in the space of fifteen minutes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Whatisausername View Post
    So just now, I decided to log on to play a few matches toward the weekly

    Game 1: Placed on losing team in Library - loss
    Game 2: Placed on already 4 capped losing dex - loss
    Games3: Placed on already 4 capped losing dex - ragequit because WTF

    Seriously WTF ?

    Why Am I being placed on losing team ? Why three in a row?

    WHAT IS WRONG WITH THIS GAME !!!!
    That must have been frustrating, but it's also just bad RNG. It's pretty rare to get tossed into 3 losing WF's in a row. What has helped me in those situations is to stop queuing for the weekly WF's as you are more likely to run into PM's also working on their weekly wins.

    But entering games in progress is also part of the reason random WF's at 65 are pretty quick. It's ironic however that when you ragequit game 3, another person was likely tossed in there to take your place...

  4. #4
    Plane Touched Sinsalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    257

    Default

    You have to be placed in losing games sometimes, and you also have to win them sometimes.

    When I get put on winning landslide teams I gain 0 or 1 Elo for the win. When I get put on losing teams and manage a victory I get 9 or 10 Elo.

    Unless you just want the win, then be thankful for those losing matches and try your best to rally the AFKers. A win is like winning 10 regular matches.

    Also don't worry about being put on the instant losses. They made some silent changes somewhere and we do not lose any Elo for those matches. Probably based on how long we are in the warfront.

  5. #5
    Plane Walker Nickalispicalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    472

    Default

    Whenever you lose 3 or 4 in row, you are normally placed on a team that is sure to win, and it usually is a lopsided win at that, which is just what the AFKers are looking for.

    That the matchmaking feature is producing such unequal matches, when it is suppose to be bringing competitiveness, tells me that it is not working correctly.

    That it is relying on the ELO to match teams is likely the culprit. Scrap the ELO please ! At least for matching. You have players with ELO's above 4,000 that are just terrible, whilst some of the best pvpers in the game have ELO's of 100.
    Last edited by Nickalispicalis; 05-07-2015 at 11:48 AM.

  6. #6
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    127

    Default

    More losing WFs today

    Couldn't they just wait until the teams are full before they start the match ?

  7. #7
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default Being Placed on losing teams...

    PvP keeps getting better and better. After losing much more WFs on my main (mage) I've decided to try one of my alts (warrior), guess what happened? 3 wins 20 losses.... I'm just amazed by Trion's concept of balance.

  8. #8
    Plane Walker Sekirach's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    455

    Default

    if a fair match is lost - im the 1st to bow and show respect.

    fair match - nowdays all matches that start with at least same amount of people of both sides.

    how many times do we have to repeat that we dont want 800-300 matches join?

    ive never seen port scion turn tables at that score.

    its not about losing a game, its about losing time.

    when you (once and for all) fix the amasingly important instant adventures which are...amazing and increadibly important,pls take a notice of a section in forum called PvP and Warfronts. Its also about instant adventures,just about pvp part, and its as bugged as.

  9. #9
    Prophet of Telara Meowy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    1,134

    Default

    Well I got placed in a Whitefall last night with a score of 0/3 our team and 2/3 their team and we somehow still won at the end.

    Was a nice feeling to know you somehow contributed to that win.

    But score-based matches of 900 vs 100? Yeah no. /dance at spawn point XD
    Serale@Faeblight

  10. #10
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    I had a black garden today where 3 out of the 5 players on my starting team never left the spawn. not "afk" not disconnected... they were active within the spawn. until the enemy picked up the fang (the two of us active players on the team could never deny that for long), at which point, one by one, they left the match - having assured themselves it was yet another losing match.

    after that my team was a revolving door of players joining, seeing it was lost, and leaving. some few of these new arrivals did leave the spawn. once. but never again after their first death.

    Rift pvp has now reached a point where more than 50% of the players on a team have no intention what so ever of participating in the match they joined.

    this is why the OP and many others get put on losing teams.
    non-participating queuers have been a growing problem in pvp. a problem the Rift Team is hesitant to acknowledge, and refuses to address.

    this is not a problem that will fix itself.

    this is not a problem that the players can fix themselves (marking players as afk is futile when half the team or more is afk, and when the non-participating player can simply remove the debuff and return to doing nothing).

    this is not a problem than can be left to fester.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post

    Rift pvp has now reached a point where more than 50% of the players on a team have no intention what so ever of participating in the match they joined.

    ...

    this is not a problem than can be left to fester.
    I totally agree that this is a problem, but do you really think it's 50%? I do several matches a day and sure, I see some AFK'ers and folks not participating, but nothing remotely approaching 50%.

  12. #12
    Prophet of Telara Kadeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,145

    Default

    I used to PvP, in fact took a couple of toons to 50 (when it was max level) PvP only. I loved it and enjoyed trying different classes and builds in there. Back when PvP gear and PvP skill meant something. When a win was due to the right gear, good skills and, teamwork. Now it;'s a zergfest and RNG chooses the winner. Skill, gear, experience, none of it means a thing anymore. I no longer PvP. (except on the PTS to test new PvP stuff because, well, I am one of the Rebellious after all. :P)
    Life is what you make it so make it good, even when it isn't.

  13. #13
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post
    I totally agree that this is a problem, but do you really think it's 50%? I do several matches a day and sure, I see some AFK'ers and folks not participating, but nothing remotely approaching 50%.
    you could be right. the three fifths of my starting team that never left the spawn and waited to see if the remaining two of use would win or lose the match for them is not 50% ....

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

  14. #14
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kronos v View Post
    you could be right. the three fifths of my starting team that never left the spawn and waited to see if the remaining two of use would win or lose the match for them is not 50% ....
    LOL - I am not trying to diminish your argument, on the contrary, I embrace the concept, but determining the actual scope of the problem is an important fact. So, in all seriousness, are you saying that you regularly see 30% of your team AFK and/or intentionally not participating?

  15. #15
    Ascendant Kronos v's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    7,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by tdain View Post
    LOL - I am not trying to diminish your argument, on the contrary, I embrace the concept, but determining the actual scope of the problem is an important fact. So, in all seriousness, are you saying that you regularly see 30% of your team AFK and/or intentionally not participating?
    from the very start of the match, not till today.

    once the enemy team has even a small lead, yes, very regularly.

    when its a "blow out" match, it can be anywhere from 60% of the team to 90% stops playing.
    often those blow out matches are the result of the 30% giving up too soon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts