+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Should I upgrade shop T1 weapon to relic?

Soulwalker

Question Should I upgrade shop T1 weapon to relic?

Hello.

I finally gathered 25k FotH to buy a shop 1H weapon. The question is - should I upgrade it to relic? Cost aside, I heard it is bolstered down in PVP, and if it is, how much I would lose compared to just purple T1 weapon? It's a mage weapon, if it matters.

I mostly do WFs and open-world activities, do not raid.

Nah don't upgrade it so you can use consumables on your weapon.

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreds View Post
    You can't use consumables on a relic? Is that just pvp, or anytime?
    EvanX / Nihilist / Insurgent

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by EvanX View Post
    You can't use consumables on a relic? Is that just pvp, or anytime?
    You can put consumables on a relic. It's just that (as far as I know) they get removed when the relic is bolstered down.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hundreds View Post
    Thank you for quick answer. Got it, minimim 280 SP from just planar consumable is more loss than gain via upgrade.

But what if item in question is offhand/ranged or smth other, that do not accept consumable enhacements? Do bolster down still make me lose much more than if I do not upgrade at all? I understand that I lose at least upgraded stats in pvp, but it will be useful in non-pvp activities..

And do runes/orbs still apply even if item is bolstered? Can't find much definitive information on bolster

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Amtoru View Post
    Thank you for quick answer. Got it, minimim 280 SP from just planar consumable is more loss than gain via upgrade.

But what if item in question is offhand/ranged or smth other, that do not accept consumable enhacements? Do bolster down still make me lose much more than if I do not upgrade at all? I understand that I lose at least upgraded stats in pvp, but it will be useful in non-pvp activities..

And do runes/orbs still apply even if item is bolstered? Can't find much definitive information on bolster
    This more than anything is the change I have come to hate since the new expac. The loss of gear progression coupled with my complete lack of understanding of how any of the stats + or - enhancements has left me in a mess. I gave up even trying to upgrade. Why spend all that plat on the hit rune if it I lose 300 points in hit the minute i step into wf? I don't raid ever. Why put all that extra oomph on your stuff if it doesn't count in pvp?

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    This more than anything is the change I have come to hate since the new expac. The loss of gear progression coupled with my complete lack of understanding of how any of the stats + or - enhancements has left me in a mess. I gave up even trying to upgrade. Why spend all that plat on the hit rune if it I lose 300 points in hit the minute i step into wf? I don't raid ever. Why put all that extra oomph on your stuff if it doesn't count in pvp?
    Because the principle is broken in practice. Instanced pvp attempts to create some semblance of a level playing field (Though a T2 Raider will still run all over you if your in expert gear). The principle is shown to be non-functional due solely to the state of owpvp. Not many people enjoy having their 200 hour character one shot by a person whose 500 hours in, and the majority is going to be the former, with the minority being the latter.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by mckftw View Post
    You can put consumables on a relic. It's just that (as far as I know) they get removed when the relic is bolstered down.
    I thought this was fixed? I know that Trion (Pithos) stated a few months back that "Item enchantments, both permanent (runes) and temporary (powerstones) *are* supposed to continue to work when your equipment is bolstered down. That they do not currently is a bug. An engineer will be looking into it in the near future."

http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...er-gear-2.html

Is this still not working?

Prophet of Telara

I was fixed. Kinda.

You need to unequip your weapon and equip it again to gain bonus. Sometimes I even have to do it every WF. Also changing your off-hand weapon can also make you lose the consumable bonus.
    Live - Lokken - Mage - Unity Guild - Gelidra EU http://www.unityguild.net/
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    I was fixed. Kinda.

You need to unequip your weapon and equip it again to gain bonus. Sometimes I even have to do it every WF. Also changing your off-hand weapon can also make you lose the consumable bonus.
    This kind of stuff just makes me want to keep my dungeon weapons and not even spend my marks on T1's...

Slightly off topic - does the same apply for Armor? If i upgrade my T1 boots would i loose spongey insoles in a WF?
    -Hello Kitty-
    Meepz@Deepwood
    Primalmeepz@Deepwood

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by EverydayAnomaly View Post
    This kind of stuff just makes me want to keep my dungeon weapons and not even spend my marks on T1's...

Slightly off topic - does the same apply for Armor? If i upgrade my T1 boots would i loose spongey insoles in a WF?
    This one is harder to test beacuse there is no runspeed stat. You can test it on your gloves with weapon aegis (+30 End). It didn`t work last time I checked but maybe they fixed it now.

I will test it since I got relic gloves and get back here to post results.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Prophet of Telara

This **** is just ridiculous. I just went into CQ.

I have relic T1 mh, oh and gloves. I get different stats everytime I unequip/equip items. I have put weapon aegis on gloves (+30End) and powerstone on offhand.

I found our that equiping/unequiping those 3 pieces can change my stats and increase my hp or SP but I can`t get both of those bonuses to work. I have tested it chloro so my stats can be bugged coz of chloro talent (end bonus based on int).

Can anyone confirm this ? Easy to test in CQ.
    Last edited by Lokken`; 05-07-2015 at 11:02 AM.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Prophet of Telara

Same thing on Pyro. I can either have Weapon Aegis or Pelagic Powerstone bonus. This is silly.
    Prime - Lokken - Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Lokken` View Post
    This is silly.
    silly is when your wife tells you : "If it can fit in a toaster - I can cook it ! "

this is more like ... well..this

Yeah... I have enough fragments to change a piece to T2 but I don't see much point bolstering myself down in WFs.
    Last edited by Meowy; 05-07-2015 at 04:30 PM.
    Serale@Faeblight

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast